New tv spot with morshower

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Hotrod94573, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Temenos

Temenos The Touch

News Credits:
    Doesn't look like anything to me.

2. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    Did you ever see Westworld?

3. Temenos

Temenos The Touch

News Credits:
    Yes! Hence my post.

Remember when Delores looked at the picture her father found and said ''Doesn't look like anything to me.''

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:

*white suit lab techs drag me away.*

5. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Senior Robotic Citizen

News Credits:
    Actually..the more I look at it. It doesn't look like he has his right arm when he head butts prime! Maybe he does kick primes ass after he loses his arm, now I'd be so down for that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Eclipse99

Eclipse99 Clarity of thought, before rashness of action

I think it would be a good nod to Megatrons sheer power if he took prime on with one arm, and got away (it\'s obvious he doesn\'t kill prime, which I think would be far more fitting than any other potential fate for the fallen hero) I mean, if Bay and his Writer\'s room have any brains what so ever they\'ll know not to kill Megatron in this film, they\'ve brought the character back three times at this point, atleast get him right and keep him on the third try. Who knows, maybe he get\'s his arm restored. Let\'s just hope it doesn\'t pan out like ROTF did for Megatron, that was just a waste of good potential. 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Eclipse99

Also, it does look like he\'s in a different room when he headbutts him, so perhaps when prime tries to finish him off, (or something which would require him to pick up his sword) Megatron lashes out, then escapes. 

8. transf0

transf0 “Well Connected” The GOAT

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Good to see the General back, always liked his character.

9. zachprime86

zachprime86 AKA Launch Pad Destroyer

I kinda like the fact that they're bringing back the old human characters. I just hope that there is a explanation to Lennox, Simmons, and Epps.

10. transf0

transf0 “Well Connected” The GOAT

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well...

11. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:
    Sorry but this loop ends at the train. Gone to Park 1, Sector 7, Zone 0083

12. Albimus Prime

Albimus Prime Well-Known Member

13. Lord Tron

Lord Tron Well-Known Member

First Megatron has died twice not three times Galvatron was just Megatron he's not returning here. Second what exactly is good potential, Megatron being a BA who kicks butt, ROTF actually set in motion his story for the next two films. What happened in Revenge resulted in Megatron being weak and on the sidelines and allowed us to get a different view of him, his death in Dark along with his fall allowed us to see him make puppets of the humans so he could rise again. That is making use of a character not movie 1 Megatron. Megatron kicking butt isn't properly making use of him, him possibly mourning his failures when finding Starscream's head is. Him being forced on the sidelines and seeing how his pride handles it is. Him having a mentor he genuinely respects is, showing how he manipulates everyone to restore himself is.

Your idea of proper potential is flawed Megatron is still around because unlike the fans whose view of Megatron is limited the writers can actually think of different ways of use him, ROTF allowed those stories to be possible. Why are fans looking forward to him now because it looks like he'll kick butt, they don't give a crap about whatever his story is. The fans have no idea how to use Megatron beyond making him a BA who kicks butt, as an actual character they have no idea what to do with him.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

IMG_1308.PNG IMG_1309.PNG IMG_1310.PNG
    Unfortunately @tonyformer he indeed appears to lose his arm check it out....well at least half of it anyway.

15. Hotrod94573

Hotrod94573 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This. So much this.

16. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope he doesn't die (again)

Really hope Megatron survives this film, i mean if the writing is good fair enough but damn let him survive 2 films in a row :')

• Like Like x 1
  17. Eclipse99

It would be nice if you read first, before you reply. I did not make claims to megatron dying three times, I said he returned three times, it doesn't take a genius to recognize that. As for Revenge of the fallen introducing "new views of him" I suppose you're right in that sense, however, I'd rather have him be more powerful than take up Starscreams position as head bitch, because that's all he was. I would have expected scheming, attempted power plays and more character development on Megatron. Yes, we certainly got a new view, after the awesome image set in the first film, we saw megatron in a couple of scenes, get his ass kicked, and then crawls back to the fallen, and essentailly acting as his slave (which does not match his G1/TFP personality "Nobody controls megatron!!") . As for Revenge of the Fallen tying in with DOTM? It did so very poorly, and you can't deny that. I would understand Megatron adapting his plans, (which, for some odd was just another trick he had up his sleeve with a poor explanation) however his position never changed, after TF'07, he was the weak secondary villain that people never really gave a shit about, and I don't necessarily mean "weak" in power. And the reason he died in DOTM? Not because he could take control of the humans, because Bay didn't think he'd do another TF film. My idea of potential is just fine, you simply don't understand what I meant. I would prefer Megatron to have more character development, perhaps mental and morale conflict, reasserting dominance, not just to be another pathetic push over character who we get two scenes with and then dies, if you seriously think I wish for him to go wham bam and then fuck off your logic is severely flawed my friend.

18. Eclipse99

And for the record? I don't imagine megatron being empathetic for his men. Granted, it's a nice idea (perhaps suffering from severe trauma from death experiences, and then regretting following behind incompetent fools who needlessly got him killed) , however I always considered him to be severely callous regarding his comrades, having larger goals in mind. It's not all about violence for me, I prefer proper character development, but if they treat him right in the sense he can proper equal prime instead of getting himself killed, would be the cherry on top if you see what I mean.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Eclipse99

ROTF was a complete blunder, the following stories were not made possible because of it due to the fact there was no reference to the film, the best thing it set us up for is "I'll be back" no cliff hanger scene, nothing was explained, they just threw new ideas at us that the writer randomly plucked out their head, said it was planned millions of years in advance (which often contradicts the other plots) and then expected us to sit back and take it in. If anything, as much as it was a shit movie, AOE made the Last Knight possible, and links into it with multiple things (unlike the other ROTF, which you argue is the key to all the films that followed it, which it clearly was not)

20. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I couldn't agree more about the crappy characterization of Megs. They had ample opportunity in the 2007 movie to really develop him, which they did not.
    ROTF he was the Fallen's bitch
    DOTM he was Sentinel's bitch
    AOE he had to play KSI's bitch, in order to get a body

I'm not saying he needs to be a carbon copy of G1 Megs, because he doesn't. I was hoping we'd see his G1 deviousness, with his TPrime intimidation and calculating demeanor. Something that screamed, "I am the cold and ruthless Decepticon Leader, feared by all and subject to none!" :ev: