New tv spot - Soundwave talking and MAJOR spoilers

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Red Goblin, Dec 5, 2018.

1. longhaulsub

longhaulsub BULL IN THE CHINA SHOP

Anybody notice in the shot with Bee and Prime on Cybertron, Bee's shoulder tires tread is changed from that generic, earth type military Jeep tread from from last time many complained about to a more mechanical, possibly Cybertronian type looking tread design? They keep touching things up to the last minute on this one, pretty cool. :) 

2. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I didn't really care for the Cybertronian form when I first saw it, but it's really grown on my since. It might even be my favorite of his designs. I just hope we get to see his Cybertronian vehicle form.

I'll have to see the full Camaro design before I fully judge whether I like it or not.

I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen the actual Jeep in any of the trailers or TV spots. I hope we get to see a proper transformation with that vehicle mode.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

i was thinking they could use a starscream model like how they replaced blitzwing on the one clip of him on cybertron

4. Optimistic Prime

Optimistic Prime Active now and then

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Calm down, just chill. This movie looks great so yeah, say what you want but to me, this is a real transformers movie.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, no way he is killed this easily. He likely appears from the explosion cloud without a scratch just to show how badass he is.

6. Rodimus Maximus

Rodimus Maximus Liege Ultimo

The more I see of the Cybertron clips, the more I'm scratching my head on why they felt they had to keep the sort of robo-monsterized look of the Bay films. Bay's whole take and approach to Transformers split fandom into camps as diametrically opposed as Cat to Dog lovers. Bringing Tfs back closer to the G1 look by contrast is uniting everyone in a chorus of geeked out euphoria. Rebooting the story to reflect the comic's mythos, and pushing this G1 homage design further to it's roots will make everyone pass out. Such a film would rule the planet, lol. Come on Paramount. You surely see the writing on the wall here.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    The movies may be directed by Bay.

The movies may be directed by Knight.

The movies could be directed by anyone.

And we’ll still get fucking spoiled by the TV spots. :lol 

• Like Like x 7
  8. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Quick newsflash: Many of us have depression too, and for some of us this film is looking like what we have been wanting for a long while. Cut the bitching and instead of making yourself feel worse go watch and read G1 or any of your other favorite continuations instead.

• Like Like x 3
  9. CypherSK03

CypherSK03 Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Notice how blitzwing doesnt appear in what appears to be a 3rd act of the movie (night time, military base). Maybe Blitzwing does die at the beginning, maybe the trailer doesnt show him idk maybe he could put inside back together like bee in the last knight

10. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

I’m kind of wishing this movie was called sunstreaker. Then you have an autobot that can hold his own and the human interactions become a lot more interesting.

11. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's not a depression problem, that's an entitlement problem. You hate girls, we get it. Man up and deal with it, admit it and move on with your life.

You haven't even seen the movie and have no idea how it'll play out in terms of robot screen time.

And wow.

Dude. Take a chill pill. Calm way, way down. I think Transformers are the least of your problems and this is not the thread to bring them to.

Geez, take it to PM! Or better yet, don't saddle people with that.

Good grief.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Azuzu98

Azuzu98 Still hyped as fuck for Rise of the Beasts

News Credits:
    I said this in other thread, but I'm gonna say it again. You're wasting your time replying to him, he's like broken record at this point.

... Maybe I'm a broken record too for keep reminding people about this.

13. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

SPOILER: i almost cried during the bumblebee teaser when bernie mac started talking & bee's first transformation & im not ashamed to admit it!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

Dude you know I’d like to have an orange ark, with huffer etc. that wasn’t going to happen with this movie. I’m happy that it’s moving squarely in a g1 direction from what it started out as. I’m probably going to see it because it looks like an effort is being made to delete the bayverse shitshow. Maybe you just need to chill out a couple of days.

15. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, that was super cool and I’m glad to see the Cybertron scenes seem more polished. I honestly can not wait to see this film.

16. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think a lot of it has been added later. My guess, the last night made them realise that people wanted something different to Bayformers. They were to far along in the film making process to change things so they kept some Bayverse designs but added in more G1 style bots. That’s why the Cybertron scenes didn't look very polished to begin with and now are look more in line with what we expect

• Like Like x 1
  17. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Oh the irony.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He explains it very well while you just give a dismissive and unexplained "whatever". Kudos.

19. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

News Credits:
    Hey kindly fuck off. I have depression and I don’t use it as an excuse to whine about a fucking movie franchise not doing exactly what happens in my wet dream. They will never do a pure G1 movie, and I’m glad they won’t, because even though it’s charming and nostalgic, it’s not actually as good as everyone thinks it is. I’d rather they update with the times. Part of updating the franchise is taking what works with other iterations (bumblebee’s new look being more iconic than the original design). That’s why marvel succeeds. They never do a literal shot for shot scene from the comics, it’s always a bunch of great references to the past, respecting the source material, but creating new stories inspired by the old ones. And just because bumblebee arrived in a pod, doesn’t mean we can’t eventually get the autobots arriving on the ark. Bumblebee is a scout, he was there to scout out the situation before they go ahead and come to earth. Please never use depression as an excuse for being openly negative on these boards. That’s just disrespectful to everyone with depression. Mental illness isn’t something you just shove in to conversations when people call you out for being a prick. Be better.

• Like Like x 4
  20. TFanPage101

TFanPage101 Commander Magnus

News Credits:
    Agreed.
    I'll say and agree that the cartoon look couldn't work in a real world setting without adjustments. They cut a lot of corners, warped parts, and got away with it because it's a animated cartoon. I'm not saying I like Bays design, but there are reasons for certain things to look that way.

• Like Like x 2