New Transformers Video Game! Transformers: War for Cybertron!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Icespark, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

I'm digging the look so far. Megatron looks awesome. I like Ironhide and Soundwave...Optimus looks a little too "diesel" for my tastes though. Prime looks 2.5 times bigger then Megs.

Background plates look similar to the aliens in Halo.

Now, let's see how the story, gameplay and overall presentation comes to fruition.

I hope the makers of ths game play Batman Arkham Asylum and other games like it to incorporate story and gameplay :) 

2. DisThunder

DisThunder Just got here.

News Credits:
    I love these multi-media threats. Nothing gets me engrossed in a new universe (or sub-universe, in this case) than something like new figures to go with a new game. I'm sure there'll be some kind of IDW tie-in, so that elevates us to triple threat.
    Damn, I'm wanting to go X-Mas shopping for toy and games that don't exist yet!

3. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    I love what I'm seeing so far. I hope a few of these designs make it to the toy shelves.

4. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    *patiently waits for trailer*

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I CAN'T WAIT! :D 

5. PropagandaWar

PropagandaWar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would prefer the axe to come out oldschool energon style if possible. That or have ops leg transform into an axe and watch him hop around and fight. Now theres a thought.

6. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Could be, but I'm not convinced. (or unconvinced, for that matter) If the grey testshot is Optimus, it wouldn't seem to be a particularly faithful rendition. Also, much of the front cab appears to be one unbroken shell piece, so it's hard to imagine how you'd hide that in this bot mode design.

And to the best of my knowledge, Hasbro never asked that that image be pulled. It was pulled at the request of the person who submitted it, as it was feared there was incriminating evidence in the photo that might reveal the identity of the individual behind the leak. I have it on my harddisk.

7. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

There is no doubt at all this will feature the likes of Starscream and Bumblebee. It wouldnt be Transformers without them.

I'm gonna bring to a new concern: voices. Who's gonna do Prime? Can Soundwave haz vocoder?

And what if this thing ends up being rated M?

8. DisThunder

DisThunder Just got here.

News Credits:
    Agreed, but I do think the grille seems to have some similarities as well.
    Gah! Been staring at these pics for too long. My eyes are killing me.

9. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here, I hope for some G1 Sideswipe and Hot Rod. But if they don't make it at least I can play Optimus!

10. TigerClaw

TigerClaw Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Hope they get the original voices, Which I'm sure they will.

11. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

hope it's good.

12. samtastic

samtastic Herald of Wheelie

Okay these designs are nothing short of spectacular!!! I loved animated, but this would be a suitable replacement. Full CG characters that (unlike Bay's visual mess) you can actually tell apart from one another. I love the heroicized proportions. Great designs. Hope the new show looks like this. Or better. And toys like this would be great too!

13. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
  14. Mechafire

Mechafire Tarnished Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
  15. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    The bit they just showed there kind of feels like one of those trailers which like flicker scenes, I hope not :( 

16. Squallte

Squallte Summoner of Shiva

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Was it just me or did that not show anything!!! Was it just to get you to come back on Thursday to see the actually footage???

I agree, the graphics and character design look fantastic!!! Almost wondering if this is going to turn into what the next series will be??? I just hope we get toys of these guys sometime down the road!!! We did get a few War within, so why not!!! I really dig how them all seam to be glowing with the faction color (Red for Autobot, Purple for Decepticon!). If we DO get figures of this, I hope they use glow-in-the-dark paint!!! Amazed that hasn't been used yet!!!

17. ElBlancoDiablo

ElBlancoDiablo Half Man, Half Legend

hey havent been on this site in ages but started checking the news posts and came across this and the news on the voice casting of the new transformers cartoon.

freaking glad i came here again when i did. looking forward to the new trailer coming out this week for this game and every bit of info we can see about any characters related to either this or even the cartoon. read a couple blurbs about this maybe being turned into toys and being related to the cartoon and hell i dont think anyone could argue the awesomeness of that. heres hoping we get newer and newer sooner and sooner. glad to be back here folks and may the shwartz be with you.

18. Armada_MK

Armada_MK Emissary of Primus

News Credits:
    Ahh Space Balls, man i love that movie

The you guys talk about the TF game the more excited im getting^_^

19. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks like because of the Movie some things have shifted a bit. For instance Ironhide, Bumblebee, Prime and Ratchet being the main Autobots...

Also Blitzwing from Animated (Assuming that is Blitzwing) and Megatron looking very much like his movie, classics and Animated counterparts.

VERY pleased to see Soundwave though, I cant wait to see what they do with him.

20. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Ironhide "IS" a main character especially in the 80's Cartoon. Ratchet slightly less so but he still features plenty in the Cartoon and he's definately a main character in the 80's comics.

IDW certainly consider Ironhide & Ratchet main characters as they use them both extensively in their comics.

I'd certainly consider them a lot more "Main Characters" than even Ultra Magnus.

---------

I have notice a lot of people are a bit confused by perspective terminology in Videogames I often hear people call Portable Zelda Games "Isometric" that is completely wrong they are 3/4 elevation with a top down perspective. Isometric would be Sinclair Spectrum Attic Attack or NES Batman, or Equinox on the SNES. or even Q-Bert.

Over the Shoulder "Third Person" is games like Resident Evil 4 or Dead Space. the main difference between that and normal Third person is that the character is larger on screen and shifted to the left or right side of the screen rather than the middle. you rarely see the characters legs.

Gears of War is quite clever the combination of the cover system and cut scenes/ radio communication interuptions means you see Marcus' face more often than you otherwise would.

Dead Space gives a similar effect with it's Zero G Jumps - but you still don't see Isaac's front very often.

I think it's right to say that this game "so far" seems more traditional 3rd person with perhaps just a slight shift to the left or right of the character but with out screen shots that show the in game display it's hard to be sure.

It's quite important to get the camera right though and locking the body to the camera for the most part seems to work well most of the time gives a nice compromise between 3rd person and 1st person.

Dead Space is a good example despite that you can see your character the game actually plays quite a lot like a 1st person shooter. in a way though you character is as much used as an information bar as anything else.

I think Dead Space's illumination bar system might work well with this game as the characters already have self illumination on them.

I think the Bourne Conspiracy Game made by the same team was a bit lacking though so I hope the team involved has either hired some more staff with better skills or they can raise their game with this title.

Activision would be foolish to allow them to release a poor game though as it's a potential franshise starter and if it's poor it will just wimper into obscurity.

If it's good it can go on to make a fortune with sequel hype as sequels to Bioshock, Lost Planet, Gears of War, Half Life, Call of Duty Modern Warfare may do in the future or did already.

If they spend no money on it and do a poor job then that would be a huge missed opportunity.

-----------

As for the guns - I don't mind them being interchangable it may proove to be quite useful - especially if they give certain characters particular weaknesses and strengths related to the weapons and the Weapons have distinctive abilities.

---------

By the way is that Unicron in the back of shot of one of the images ?