new Transformers Studio Series Voyager The Transformers: The Movie 86-25 Autobot Blaster & Eject

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by legonardo1, Mar 7, 2024.

1. Pteraxadon

Pteraxadon RirFib supporting pterosaur

Bruh

2. DubV

DubV I get knocked down, but I get up again

News Credits:
    You can’t just commit retail fraud because you feel slighted by a toy manufacturer. This is “Civil Society 101” stuff.

• Like Like x 12
  3. aussiedzfan

aussiedzfan Well-Known Member

Quick question but how many people have actually had Eject/Rewind break on them? Just curious if it is a big enough problem to actually try buying the new Blaster. Since it is a Studio Series figure I think they should have skipped Eject and sold him separately. But then there would be gone the main reason people are buying this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stratosphere

Stratosphere Well-Known Member

Cool. Good thing I never got the Kingdom deco

5. St Firebringer

St Firebringer PB&J bones

Ooo ooo, I know this one! So so I just wait for the leader now…?

6. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    This deco is better enough that I'll probably buy it if I see it at my local Target, but not better enough that I feel compelled to preorder.

7. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Vernichting all over the place

Can't speak for everyone, but my Eject's elbow cracked around the ball joint while it was sitting inside Blaster's chest cavity in tape mode. Granted, I've managed to Gorilla glue it back together and now it feels like it never got broken to begin with, but it's still annnoying I had to bother with it at all. I don't regret getting my Kingdom Blaster, as both him and Eject are excellent little toys, but unless absolutely must have a silver faced Blaster I'd say it might be a good idea to go with this upcoming '86 one, especially if Eject is your main priority.

As for this release, Kingdom Blaster was already pretty great, so it's little surprise they decided to go with a straight up recolor sans translucent plastic. Bit of a missed opportunity to give him more of a Sunbow smirk, but I like the colors here enough where I'm tempted to double dip.

These news also make me wonder about the upcoming '86 Megs and Galvy toys. If Galvatron is just a re-release\slight recolor of the Kindom\Legacy one I'm skipping it, as I think the colors on that one are good enough as it is. A mostly new mold with at best some shared parts, however, could be interesting.

As for Megatron, I really hope he's a brand new toy. For a leader price point it'd be a huge bummer for it to be just the WFC mold with some new paint and accessories. Also, even if it can't officially turn into a gun, it'd be neat if its alt. mode would look close enough where you can fanmode a relatively convincing looking gun out of him, maybe sell the bits that'd make it more gunlike with separate figures. If that's what it takes to get a decent gunforming Megs post MP, I don't mind. That said, if that's unviable, at the very least it'd be neat for the toy to come with Megs' gun form as an accessory for it.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

sold out on Pulse, I missed it!

9. TotalMackerel

TotalMackerel Well-Known Member

So just woke up here on the west coast and see that I missed it. Wtf.

10. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    I'm sure the anti-clear plastic crowd will be happy. See no need to purchase as happy with Kingdom version.

It'll be fine. He'll show up at Target before Pulse ships out as with other exclusives. Don't expect him to sell out instantly like SS-102 OP.

• Like Like x 1
  11. dsprks75

dsprks75 Robot Enthusiast

News Credits:
    there was just some guy on here that said “It suck they’re doing this and there’s nothing wrong with my Legacy Blaster, but I guess I’ll buy this new one too”

Like “are you fucking serious? You’re just gonna let them do that to you? You’re gonna roll over and spend another $40 plus tax on a she’s got a new hat?!”

Have you not been reading this post? Like 2/3 of the people here are slighted by this and believe me they commit retail fraud too they just don’t admit it.

Plus I make sure the thing gets sent back to Hasbro and not out back on the shelf for some other kid or collector to pick up.

You wanna tell hasbro to stop pulling despicable stunts like this? Send their bad decisions back to them.

12. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Well I’m glad they’re acknowledging that the only difference between “Legacy/Generations/Whatever” and “86 Studio Series” is one of branding.

Anyway, annoying as this figure is, I ordered it. I want the opaque Eject. Only mildly miffed that I already put upgrade kit bits into the previous Blaster (same issue as with the Legacy 5-pack, haha).

Maybe they’ll release an opaque Rewind in a 2-pack with Chromedome. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    At least this time around Eject isn\'t translucent plastic. As for Blaster not bad. 

14. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Okay preordered on Target's site...

Really, I think I just want this for the opaque cassette.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

So true, I had him in my pile of loot for a while now and literally opened him up last week.

How did we come to an official toy can still have stock at retailers and Hasbro will still make a better looking one?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

Honestly, I almost put this guy in the cart, but I don't need another Blaster except for Marvel. Eject is great, but not $35 for a sub-core great. Especially as I'm sure that, now that we've got Steeljaw, Rumble, and Frenzy in SS 86, that we will eventually see Eject and Rewind in an upgraded core class format in the next few years.

Nice try Hasbro! Almost got me! ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  17. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As someone on the west coast, I didn’t miss these 7 am drops. Get the feeling they’re going to be pretty common over the next month.

Wish they did staggered drops for the time zones, releasing new batches of preorders every hour after 10 est.

• Like Like x 2
  18. DaveWire

DaveWire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn, what the hell are they doing putting this on preorder at 9am for? I was busy getting an eye exam! :cool:  Seriously though, that’s kind of a weird time. People on the West Coast aren’t even awake yet and it’s already sold out.​

• Like Like x 2
  19. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    SS86 puts up another W! Got my Pulse and Target preorders in! Love the updates to both!

20. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I admit I like Blaster having black toes, but I can't fault SS86 Blaster for sticking with the animation model (kinda the whole point of SS and all). He even has the red dots on his ankles (his shins?), like in the cartoon!
    Interesting theory. But I'm a bit more convinced that HasTak will find some way to release Twincast with an opaque Rewind in some manner. Maybe via PR or Generations Selects or Dramatic Capture Series? Besides, Blaster and Rewind were only together in one Marvel UK story and Blaster wasn't even conscious then. (And it hits me that Generations Selects would be great so they can release him in a 2-Pack with an Earth Mode Soundblaster! Knock two birds with one stone!)