New Transformers: Rise of the Beasts Rumors – New Characters, Background Info, Plot, and More

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mechafire, Jun 23, 2021.

1. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    But the real question is: What studio should Hasbro go to if the agreement between them and Paramount doesn't get renewed? I can't see Warner Brothers happening because they have no idea what they're doing with the DCEU. Universal, maybe?

2. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    This.

While money is great if they get it from something that's ultimately not very good.. doesn't feel like much of a win. All a bad movie succeeding does is tell the filmmakers they can get away with the bare minimum effort and still be rewarded for it.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Absolutely Universal. They already have the amusement park rides and walk around characters. And getting Transformers would be something they really could use since they're ramping up the attack on the mouse while Mickey's down.

Yup, which is why I will always say AoE is the worst film, even more than TLK.

Because that is the exact lesson that Paramount took away from AoE making a billion dollars despite being a poorly edited, excessively long disaster of a film. TLK was simply Paramount trying to repeat throwing actual shit onto the projector screen and thinking China was going to save their asses again just like with AoE.

• Like Like x 5
  4. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was thinking about the same. Paramount's unwillingness to announce a reboot has probably more to do with the fact they don't want to possibly annoy investors and other big money franchising people than audiences. The number of people that like Transformers movies but also care about "the story and continuity" is surely REALLY REALLY small. My cousin loved TLK some fucking how but he doesn't even know what happened in it. He's not gonna be driven away by the new movie being a reboot, chances are that he'll ask me what a reboot even is if I tell him, and I would never tell him, because it's embarrasing to talk about nerdy stuff to normal people.

I feel like the Bee movie not doing hot (it almost bombed before China saved it from being a money loss) has them antsy on making any announcements anchored to it in front of their investors and shareholders, so they have cold feet on screaming "reboot" before they have managed another big money-making blockbuster, but if this new film does well I imagine we will see reboot announcements happening fairly fast.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fc203

Fc203 #RestoreTheBayVerse

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I wouldn't be surprised if they didnt renew since they got entertainment one recently, maybe theyll try to make a name for themselves with e one
    Also makes sense why they still dont specify wether bumblebee and rise of the beasts are tied to bayverse just incase it fails theyll just say it is tied to bayverse

6. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    As much as I want to believe there is hope. There is another film coming in 2023, right? I doubt that if the partnership was riding on ROTB’s success, another film would be in development that’s production would extend past the end of the partnership.

7. AOEGalvatronRox

News Credits:
    I was mostly spitballing when I said Universal, but I actually forgot that they already have the TF Ride anyway. You're right. They would make a good studio.

Hard disagree. I actually came out of the theater feeling somewhat satisfied with AoE. After TLK, I came out of the theater absolutely flabbergasted as I tried to make sense of what I just watched. Granted, my opinion on AoE has soured over the years, but TLK was the final nail in the coffin for me. I think the Wahlberg films are terrible, and they should've just stopped after DOTM. I say all of that somewhat ironically because of my username, but (as much as I like TFW2005) I don't want to give $25 to change it.

THIS. People who enjoy the Bay films aren't going to be driven away, nor will they be angry, when if they announce that this movie is a reboot.

• Like Like x 1
  8. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    unicroian i like that very creative and orignal

9. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Speak of the devil... I wonder...

News Post: Gabriel Marano To Oversee Hasbro IP At eOne

• Like Like x 2
  10. Miyaren

Miyaren Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol the nerd rage at you for wishing an entire studio going under and thousands losing their jobs just becos...your franchise isn’t what you want it to be

• Like Like x 2
  11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    That depends on how much trauma is remaining from the disaster that was Hasbro Studios. It's all a game of risk management and right now Hasbro is 0-and-2 for managing media content providers properly given they also bungled The Hub.

On the contrary, having one ready to go to capitalize on success is something Paramount badly needs because of the one-two punch of TLK financially devestating the company and the recovery hadn't really happened when the pandemic hit and punished the entire entertainment industry.

I just don't expect it to actually MEET that 2023 deadline. No way Paramount would be stupid enough to have a repeat of the Bumblebee situation.

The problem with AoE, above all else, is that it doesn't really explain anything, so the plot is in fact incomplete. Why Lockdown is even involved relies knowing what the Creators are up to...which is never explained at any point in the film.

It's really a problem that had been building because without any actual way to weave in sequel hooks, you get progressive retcons in ways that wouldn't really come into conflict with the other previously established retcons (except Megatron ultimately needing to know thousands of years of shit going down on a planet he didn't even know existed before he ever even left cybertron to begin with, up to and including possibly his own death twice over). And this just goes back to the first film in general not having any real sequel hooks because...it wasn't supposed to have sequels.

I can only hope with this new franchise they actually are thinking ahead enough to leave open-ended plot threads that could be used for further movies without being so important to the current film's plot that it just becomes a repeat of AoE.

The optimism is admirable but I guarantee there are people who are going to be very vocal about bayverse getting canned. Like, holy crap the sheer amount of bitching that came from some of the pro-bayverse camp when it was announced that Bumblebee was going to have more G1-styled designs? That alone drove a lot of that crowd out of the franchise.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Revoticus

Revoticus Big Combaticon fan

Scourge sounds like a Nemesis Prime/RiDScourge fans dream, give him the edgiest role you could give and make him the central big bad for a movie.

I'm looking forward to see how they are going to pull him off, I just hope it is not a bait and switch where he gets taken out very early in the movie or replaced by the Predacon leader.

We had a lot of that in the live action movies like The Fallen, DOTM Shockwave, AOE Galvatron, TLK Megatron and Blitzwing.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    You seem to be operating under this odd assumption that fans of the Bay films are somehow different from every other type of Transformers fan. Could this be because you happen to fall into that camp and you give the bad behavior of your peers a pass?

They aren't special or somehow more enlightened, we've already seen plenty of them enraged at the idea that they'll abandon those movies like the turds they are. I genuinely wouldn't be shocked if the tribalism and bickering in the fandom increased tenfold once the new movie fans became 'integrated' back in '07.

Did you miss the collective pants-shitting that occurred when Studio Series 86' became a thing? I'm pretty sure you were there.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  14. AOEGalvatronRox

News Credits:
    Person who is regularly condescending, has openly admitted that gatekeeping is a good thing, never ceases to remind us with every comment about how much she hates the Bay films (even when no one is talking about them), and takes random potshots at movie fans wants to talk about bad behavior, tribalism, and bickering. Irony is dead.

I will say that my behavior hasn’t been any better in the past, and for that I apologize.

Having been on the receiving end of vitriolic comments from older fans, not to mention having seen them act in such a manner to other people, for the last 14 years, I doubt it.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  15. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Well-Known Member

It sounds like this is going to be either crazy fun, or worse than TLK
    no in between

• Like Like x 1
  16. I Am James

I Am James Emirate Xaaron

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I wouldn\'t be surprised if Unicron\'s appearance is interdimensional and just tossed in to give some passing explanation for it being a reboot.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    For whatever the reason this is the sort of thing I Was thinking about as well. :lolol  Not sure if that'll be the case, but still.

18. TheTornSideswipeFan

TheTornSideswipeFan Well-Known Member

Oh please, I may be complaining about them not trying to actually move forward and stand on its own, but I'm not so stupid as to believe they'd ever kill Bumblebee off for real.

It's just... Why should I watch these characters now if I know their upcoming fates from several years ago? I'll buy their toys and if the designs are good, I'll want to get them in plastic form, sure, but then why should I care for this Optimus if he'll just become the Face Taker from 5 movies ago? Why should I care about an Arcee I know will fade into obscurity and eventually die in RoTF? Why should I care about the Maximals here if they will likely never be talked about if they're debuting in a movie that if linked to 07, will mean they either die or just don't exist for the plot afterwards?

19. Optimus27

Optimus27 New Member

I don\'t trust whatever Lorenzo says, he said alot of things about TLK which didn\'t even turn out to be true.

• Like Like x 2
  20. kwanzaabot

kwanzaabot Well-Known Member

Terrorcons being aligned with Unicron seems plausible--they were in Transformers Prime, and The Last Knight seemed to be setting up Quintessa as allied with Unicron, who in turn had Terrorcons under her command. It makes sense.
    I hope they're truly freaky, I feel like a realistic Abominus shouldn't just be a two-headed dragon, he should be a scary two-headed dragon.

Excited for bike-Arcee, I really think it suits Arcee, especially when her space-convertible is pretty much just her Cybertronian form (and it seems impossible to make a toy of her without some degree of shellforming). On Earth, she needs an Earth vehicle (makes me wonder why they've never given her an Earth convertible, but I like bike-cee so I don't mind).

That "steampunk Rhinox" comment has me worried. Are they not doing organic Beast Modes?
    I won't say no to a Transmetal-inspired look for the Maximals and Predacons, but it would be a crying shame not to see their iconic organic Beast Modes on the big screen after all this time.