New Transformers: Rise of the Beasts Rumors – New Characters, Background Info, Plot, and More

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mechafire, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    Damn, stuff just keeps coming out doesn't it? :D  Many thanks to @Protoman for being such a bro and helping us out here.

Nice to hear they'll be using their usual faction symbols.

The vagueness and unwillingness to embrace it as a reboot is annoying but as long as it's being its own thing, that's definitely good. So hopefully that means the Bay films won't hold them back from doing anything.

The Terrorcons are working for someone bigger? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm ~

Arcee and Nightbird sound awesome, I can definitely see the Armada Sideways influence from how they describe Nightbird.

Scourge being an expy of G1 and Car Robots Scourge is fascinating, and I can definitely see it since G1 Scourge was a tracker / hunter as well.

Maximals sound great so far.

'Ultra-gear' eh? Hmmmmmm. ~

MORE will be coming out? Now you're just spoiling us. D:

God damn Terrorcons, so rather than working for bucket-head they may just be working for Unicron, which would be another amusing callback to G1 Scourge being one of his minions. I guess they meant 'bigger' literally.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Luke Hostad

Luke Hostad Well-Known Member

Everyone is so quick to judge. Sounds like they’ve thought this through. Whether or not it pulls through is a different story. They will never be Marvel Studio’s level of films with Di Bonaventura at the helm. I guess also some media just work better as cartoons... imagine if the G1 episode ‘Child’s Play’ was a film. How ridiculous would that be :D 

3. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

All I want to know if good ol Dinobot will show up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Judgement prime

Judgement prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If it still is cannon with the bayverse(so it flows smoothly like how optimus leaves earth then rescans once coming back in the first bay film, or megatron being on ice(literally) I\'m good with that)

5. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I don’t think they’ll ever call it a reboot as long as Bonaventura is on board, that would mean they’d have to admit the Bay+Bonaventura films finally crashed and burned in 2017?

I don’t mind Bay as a producer.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Galvatron2000

Galvatron2000 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    There are too many characters, this movie will need a long duration, at least 150 minutes.

7. TheTornSideswipeFan

TheTornSideswipeFan Well-Known Member

Honestly if they don't wanna call it a reboot and just wanna keep it linked, then just do it.

The wishy-washy nature feels like at this point the only thing keeping this Movie and Bee from standing on their own without connection, while the moment "prequel" is stated, all tension this movie has for any Autobot is out the window.
    They need to either nut up and admit that they had to kickstart the franchise with a reboot after the lukewarm to lackluster sales of TLK (Before you bring up Bumblebee, please remember that while sales are important, if in the end the movie made the money back, which Bumblebee well did with its smaller budget, then that really makes it moot since it got more than what it put in).

The nebulous nature of this only really serves to prevent any attempt to try and do something with Megatron again (Which is kind of sad when after Movie 1, he really was out of the spotlight compared to the other villains he followed and worked with, and this isn't much better).

Paramount can't have their cake and eat it forever. They will need to choose eventually between sending off the old Movieverse fans by the big reboot button, or send off the people hoping for a restart by dropping the prequel bomb.

• Like Like x 2
  8. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What a twist! They only announced it was a reboot, so when Bumblebee "dies" people will actually fall for it this time.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Novaburnhilde

News Credits:
    I've heard a few folks say the reason they're so reluctant to embrace it as a reboot is because of movie fans. I don't see why they'd care either way, they'll probably be mad for a bit the just move on to the next shallow thing after Transformers stops giving them their rush of dopamine. Not trying to be a dick but that's literally what they view these movies as, quick rushes of entertainment equivalent to a rollercoaster that you 'aren't supposed to think about'.

But then I'm not working for them so I can't say for sure, all I know is that they're just stifling their own creativity in an effort to stay 'in continuity' with a series of films that cared very little about continuity in general. At the end of the day if they decide to wimp out and just go full prequel then that'll be that, they've been making bad transformers films for a decade, what's one more? Some fans will defend it anyways because its new and makes their brains feel good rather than how well it's made and get angry at those being critical, just like they've been doing since the 2007 movie came out.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Missing out on cinema

• Like Like x 4
  11. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And all this info is... where from? \"He Tell Me\" secret source? Yeah all this sounds incredibly unrealistic. RID Scourge, Nightbird, Terrorcons? Even Bumblbee movie did not use so many references and that was a nostalgia-fest, instead it created two brand new villains.

12. The Roman Empire1977

The Roman Empire1977 Treason of the highest order

YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah really missed a masterpiece of a film

• Like Like x 2
  13. Gokai Rod

Gokai Rod Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well, I\'ll wait for the trailer to come out before I give a proper opinion on this. The rumours, leaks and announcements are good so far though, but I hope the movie won\'t have the Maximals appear during the film\'s last 20 or 30 minutes. But so far, I am a little bit excited! 

14. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    Could’ve fooled me

I still doubt they're holding off on calling this a different universe because they don't want to "upset the Bay fans". Other than two members on here (Can't drop name per the rules, but I'm sure most of y'all know who I'm talking about), I can't see why Bay fans would get mad anyway. Hell, if you look on the Movie toys appreciation thread, a bunch of folks are actually excited about this movie. I still think they just want to wait and make sure that the success, both financially and critically, of Bumblebee wasn't a fluke before they announce a new universe.

Even then, there's no way they can reconcile this movie with the Bay films. The timing (1994) and designs wouldn't fit into the timeline of the first Bay film, anyway. It's a rebooted universe guys. I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong, but it's a new universe.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Gokai Rod

Gokai Rod Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Probably Unicron will appear in a perspective told by Primal. Or maybe Unicron's appearance is a hint for future movies.

16. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    You guys are missing one very important fact here.

Hasbro-Paramount Agreement will come to an end in November 2022.

During a recent press event, I asked Brian Goldner whether he would renew it. He did not wanted to say anything upfront and gave me a sort of "We'll see" answer.

This movie has a lot of stakes in hand. Future of the agreement may depend on it.

This may explain why they are doing this with all guns blazing. Targeting a bigger box office. Need to show success.

• Like Like x 22
  17. Novaburnhilde

News Credits:
    Ahhh, so the stakes are high.

Fair enough then. If the movie turns out to be good, hopefully it succeeds and is accepted by the general audience. If it comes out and sucks it deserves to fail, like the 07 film or ROTF should have.

Similar to Protoman, thanks for all the work @SilverOptimus

• Like Like x 6
  18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Literally in the news article.

Did you miss the fact that there was a digital presentation hosted by the director and producer with multiple TF sites having staff in attendance?

And that discredits the rest of what she says... how?

• Like Like x 5
  19. Gokai Rod

Gokai Rod Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well, it was all in an earlier announcement news article.

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

"We'll see" is a complete non answer meaning there is a real chance the agreement could fail if the movie doesn't do well.

Man, Paramount losing Transformers is such a mixed bag but being rid of Lorenzo would be unquestionably a net positive that would outweigh a HELL of a lot of possible negatives.

So the only way this isn't ultimately a win is if the movie is shit but it still makes money, like Age of Excrement. I like those odds given the ghost of TLK is still lingering, because Lorenzo won't let it die.

• Like Like x 16