New Transformers Prime Clip on the Hub

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Soundwave9, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Boooo, Hisss, etc. :( 

2. OMEGA PRIME12

OMEGA PRIME12 Sentianl Order Leader

not impressive so far.......although i should wait and judge after. it looks poorly shelled so far and optimus prime doesnt look like he needs the deep voice in this

3. Prime82

Prime82 Optimus knows all

Um all I know is that face is very weird. i was hoping he had no mouth. Looks odd for his facial structure

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Psss, people with a beef about Prime's face. Check out what this Hub employee has to say about it:

"Okay so as far as Optimus's mouth goes, TRUST me the faceplate is on most of the time, the mouth comes out every now and again for emotional impact. As far as a nose goes, because primes main design is focused on and around him having his mask on, putting a nose on him would hinder the design of him with his mask on (hope that makes sense) also the nose serves the purpose for breathing, so there is no need for him to have one you know? Either way, i hope you ugys are holding out for the real thing, and once the episodes air, i can't wait to hear you alls feedback, PEACE!"

"
    He had a nose in all of those because the logic that they used is different than the Logic that we are using for our series. They are robots, and they dont need noses, and we think they look cool. As far as me not working at Hasbro Studios, with Therese Trujillo serving as our Producer, and Dave Hartman serving as our creative director with Jeff Kline serving as executive producer, at the Starz Media building on 2950 Hollywood Way in Burbank across the street from the Bob Hope airport, well if that info is still sketchy for ya, how about some photos. Arcee not having a nose would probably be explained with my reason for Optimus not having one....she's a bot.

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7449/proofvby.jpg "

Found at Tformers forum

5. Kungfu Dinobot

Kungfu Dinobot Well-Known Member

I know you did, I was just pointing how that very few people have anything bad to say about it. Probably too busy wanking over the G1 homages:rolleyes2 

6. EvaUnit-01

EvaUnit-01 Well-Known Member

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't really like Prime's "South Park" mouth and ultra smooth face...doesn't really sound good for Peter Cullen's deep voice coming out of basically Animated Prime with no nose and a silver face...but whatever I'll still watch....Also...GAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Did Hasbro or Kurtzman and Orci make it a point to never have Optimus Prime say the full "Autobots TRANSFORM and Roll out"? That always kinda ticked me off in the movies and now it is carrying over to the cartoon....I'm just bitching to bitch but I hope that Prime will say the full line in an episode down the line.

7. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't mind the WFC faces, without having the need to jizz all over G1 nostalgia, thankyouverymuch. Can't you idiots ever discuss something without resulting to dividing TF fans into two camps (pro and against G1)? There certainly are people like that, but you will often find people, although you might not agree with their opinions, have various reasons for liking/not liking something, and it's not always connected to G1.

8. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    You calling me an idiot?! Buddy, I got a degree in CHILD PSYCHOLOGY! How idiot is that for you?! HAH!

9. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The thing with the mouth; it seems very basic. Just an oval and the mouth movements didn't seem very... real? With Beast Wars and Machines they actually filmed the voice actors while they were recording their lines and modeled the faces of the CGI characters after their lip/mouth movements. That, plus the addition of lips on the BW cgi models, made them seem more normal.

Prime's mouth in this short, short clip from TFP seems almost like it was slapped on and not really integrated into the whole face. And it was weird hearing Cullen's voice coming out of such a young looking Prime. Hopefully it'll seem less jarring when he's got his face mask on.

10. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    That picture, whatever it is, isn't working for me :( 

11. Digilaut

News Credits:
    You're not missing much, so don't worry. It's a picture of an employee in his workspace, and his official Hasbro card for proof. Definitely seems legit, but no super secret new info or art for you to discover :) 

12. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, that's REALLY compelling. It couldn't be that the face design has too much blank space, nope.

Does his name tag read 'Douche' in that last picture?

...no, too easy.

13. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    :wtf: 

14. Digilaut

News Credits:
    Sprocket, you have a problem. Did somebody in the production team run over your puppy or something?

WE.

GET.

IT.

15. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    I've never known anyone to have such an appropriate user title!

16. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Well actualy, the dude does have... Douche written on his card.

Probably a nickname or something. Or maybe his parents were really mad when registering his name.

17. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    I knew it, I just knew this would happen. Let that be a lesson to all who don't include the indicator of lighthearted sarcasm, the emoticon, as it will always end up coming back to bite you in the ass.

Driving home from work, I said to myself, 'I should have included a \:) ', and I was right.

And watch your tone, Mr. Digilaut, or I'll renege on my personal goal to mail you a free Rodimus, Ironhide, and Arcee as thanks for your awesome art! \:)  (If you don't already have them, that is.)

Thanks for confirming my suspicion there, Shroob: His tag clearly says 'Douche', which is hilarious with or without context. :) 

18. Digilaut

News Credits:
    Sprocket, the problem is pretty much every thread about TF Prime has a post every 10 or so entries in which you pretty much state your great dislike over and over again..right now I'm not feeling the show either, I don't think it matters if it was sarcasm or not, I think I am accustomed to you just saying negative stuff so the joke is kind of lost to me..it's nothing personal really. Sometimes I like to type bold letters.

read: I FELL RIGHT INTO YOUR SARCASM TRAP and should have read the tag better :'-(
    Going to get my sarcasm radar fixed now, brb

19. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Thanks Digilaut. I mean, yeah, the face gets a bit of an 'eeee' from me, but it's hardly a deal breaker, even if there's a little too much blank space on the faces for my liking. But that comment was just too juicy to leave alone, what can I say? I've basically moved out of my bitter phase. Now I just want to be positive...but also hesitant.

I'm not even sure what exactly it was that cheesed you guys off. Pointing out that the faces have a little too much blank space? Or was it the Douche crack? 'Cause that photo clearly reads 'Douche', and I just thought that was funny. :) 

20. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    You guys wanna know what I think?

I think that nobody should be arguing

WHEN THEY JUST SHOWED GOOD PICS OF NEW LUGNUT OH GOD OH GOD OH GOOOOD