New Transformers Movies from Zodiac writer and Army of the Dead Writer

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Mglaighton120, Jan 27, 2020.

1. AustinLucas

AustinLucas Well-Known Member

I do. But you are not getting that the current situation with the coronavirus is being handled it will be taken care of by late June early July.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

I'd be amazed if the pandemic crisis is resolved by the end of June. The US hasn't even gone through the worst of it yet.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Galvatron2000

Galvatron2000 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    It would be very interesting,Astrotrain is a good character!

In Bumblebee 2, this time the story would have to be more serious or darker, it would be a cliche for Bumbleee to lose her memory again and become a child again,also if Charlie returns to participate in the story, she would already be a woman.

What if, this time, Bumblebee would have to be accompanied by other autobots, not necessarily Optimus Prime as always, more robots could be given more history.
    And on the decepticon side,the decepticons that are not so well known should also appear,or show us new characters like Shatter and Dropkick.But anyway strong characters like Megatron, Soundwave , Starscream, Shokwave all of them leave them for a bigger story.

4. Jochimus

Jochimus Sandwiches? Blimey, whatever did I give the wife?

Yeah, between Lorenzo's rambling, Paramount's financial woes, the fact that not only is a script for BB2 not locked down yet but they're also finally desperate enough to be clutching at doing a Beast Wars movie, and the implosion of the only two other tentpoles they have outside of Mission: Impossible (Transformers AND Star Trek), I'd already lost a lot of enthusiasm for the future of Transformers on film as a whole. This just convinces me more and more that the live-action TF franchise as we know it - and that includes "Bumblebee" as well - is already over, done, and finished.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  5. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    We might have gotten a movie next year, but any chances of that happening have been all killed.The film probably wont come out till 2022 and that's if things get better by mid late June!

• Like Like x 4
  6. Galvatross

Galvatross Dreklord of Ogremarr Veteran

Personally, I'll give any Transformers movie a shot, but I can't say I'm excited. Getting rid of the writers from the first four movies and initializing a writers' room didn't do anything for creating better written movies, imho. Actually, I think I prefer the stories of the first four movies to the writers' room stories, and I say that as someone who isn't a Kurtzman and Orci fan. Likewise, there's no indication these new writers will make better stories than what came before, although I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Terrellatron

News Credits:
    Screenshot_20200403-145045_Chrome.jpg
    Kurtzman and Orci wrote the first film and the main story of the second.As for The Last Knight it was Kurtzman and Orci who provided the main premade of the film while Bay insisted on letting the writers room fill the gaps and the three writers they picked have a underwhelming filmography.

8. Galvatross

If I didn't know that I wouldn't mention their names. I never implied they wrote all four of the first four films. I was merely saying I prefer the stories of the first four movies even accounting for the fact I don't care for K and O.

I have never heard or read such a thing, nor have I seen any evidence that would suggest this is the case. Where did you get this idea?

• Like Like x 3
  9. Terrellatron

News Credits:
    The writing credits

10. Galvatross

But Orci and Kurtzman never wrote anything in the last three Bay Transformers movies. That was either Kruger for DotM and AoE, or the writers' room writers for TLK.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Terrellatron

News Credits:
    Oh shit I misread something my apologies sir!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Galvatross

No worries. That makes a little more sense now!

13. Terrellatron

News Credits:
    I got Goldsman and Kirksman mixed up!

14. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    I think these future movies will be better than The Last Knight. I don't think the writers' room is a thing anymore. They might take some loose inspiration from those ideas, but I think overall they consider it a failed experiment. I think each project will be individually thought out.

Despite being a writers' room project, I loved Bumblebee. I'm not convinced a future Transformers movie will top it for me. Not because it's perfect by any means, but because it hits so many notes that makes a movie really enjoyable for me. For instance, I really like the lack of action during the middle act. I like it when movies have minimal action, it makes the action feel special when it finally hits. And I like the super small scale and confined setting. I don't think we'll ever see those sort of things again in a Transformers movie, judging by some of the studio's comments. Which is fine, I don't need every Transformers movie to give me the exact same experience. I just don't foresee any future movies hitting all those right notes for me again. But I am still interested to see what comes next.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Galvatross

My ideal film would be neither The Last Knight nor Bumblebee, but something smack in between. It would be nice to have something more intimate than The Last Knight, but more complex and bizarre than Bumblebee. Visual scale in between the two. An ensemble film with more robots than Bumblebee, but fewer characters robotic and human than The Last Knight.

I'm not a TLK hater either. I think it has its flaws, but it also has its good aspects that get overlooked. I think it just hit less of the "notes" that many Transformers fans were looking for and wasn't what they expected.

• Like Like x 5
  16. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    I think that would be really neat.

One thing I'm hoping future movies continue to give us is original characters. For me one of the highlights of the movie series is all the new faces that pop up. Daytrader, Shatter, Dropkick, Sqweeks, Blackout, Barricade, Nitro Zeus, etc. (A couple of these share names with G1 characters, but for all intents and purposes they're entirely new characters). Not everyone is just a straight adaptation of an existing character. You don't really see a lot of franchise movies create new characters, most of them are just based on existing characters from comics and whatnot. This has always added a bit of freshness to the Transformers movies.

• Like Like x 5
  17. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It's pretty clear that the Last Knight tanking at the box office managed to be a hard lesson for Paramount to learn about when it's time to change something one way or another which is why the Bumblebee movie got changed into being nearly a reboot to begin with. Course in the end it ended up being a reboot but still you guys get what I mean. So I wouldn't be shocked with how Bumblebee was well received by fans as well as how Sonic the Hedgehog did so well with people,Paramount is really trying hard to win people's trust when it comes to handling characters and icons this time. So while I get the concerns on how future TF movies will turn out I'm also not that nervous by those points I've brought up alone.

18. Agent Maryland

Agent Maryland Member

It’s TFW, what did you expect?

• Like Like x 2
  19. AustinLucas

AustinLucas Well-Known Member

Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman (1-2)
    Ehren Kruger (2-4)
    Art Marcum and Matt Holloway (5)
    Ken Nolan (5)
    Christina Hodson (Bumblebee)

20. Galvatross

Yes, I'm aware of who wrote each movie.

My point was I still preferred the story of the movies pre-writers' room despite the fact Orci and Kurtzman wrote Transformers and RotF, and I don't care for either of them.