New Transformers Movies from Zodiac writer and Army of the Dead Writer

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Mglaighton120, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    Are you in the year 3020? I didn't know photorealism could look dated after 8 months.tHaTs cRaZy

2. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    What's the point you're trying to make? You corrected someone on being too liberal with their description of how much time passed and then someone else explained why it seemed like a long time. What does it actually have to do with what the original point about the Lion King was?

• Like Like x 4
  3. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    Right? It’s not like we’ve seen the Transformers go through different design iterations in the past 35 years.

Oh wait...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Terrellatron

News Credits:
    The point is that I said the movie wasn't a while back as Burnout had said it is still somewhat new.SPLIT said that 8 months of ago was a while back and in terms of films.As what this has to do with Lion King I was saying that this is just the right time to make it,BEAST WARS, as we have the CGI now.

5. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    And ANY of them had staying power. Even Bayverse got tried and old before they switched it up. You aren't refuting my point, nor validating @kaijuguy19 and his point. Kiss Players was a thing, doesn't mean they have to visually mine that well or that it will be successful.

This was your Spartacus moment, do you know why? He failed as well...

6. AustinLucas

AustinLucas Well-Known Member

Did you see Bumblebee written by Christina Hodson directed by Travis Knight which was released with positive reviews?

7. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    My point still stands. The “Well this superhero has looked like this for years. Why can’t the Transformers look like G1 all the time” talking point is an absolute joke.

Bayverse got tried and old (Why are we even talking about the Bayverse? I know everyone on here likes screeching “But Bay bad. Geewun good” every time someone dares to say there’s more to this brand than just G1 but come on) but guess what? It was around for a decade before it petered out. The same thing is going to happen with G1.

Obviously those designs had staying power since they’ve been featured in Cyberverse (Cheetor, female Lugnut) and Generations (Hot Shot, Galaxy Upgrade Prime, Rhinox, Rat Trap, Armada Starscream, Armada Megatron. Despite all these toys listed, the non-G1 stuff still has yet to get it’s due in Generations but I won’t get into that). I didn’t fail at anything. The idea that this brand must be beholden to a 35 year old cartoon is ridiculous.

@kaijuguy19 still made an excellent point. I’d even add that Hasbro tried doing the same stuff with G2 and guess what? After three years, they had to end G2 and press the “Hard Reset” button which resulted in the creation of Beast Wars. I realize that people think G1 is the best thing since sliced bread because they refuse to take their nostalgia goggles off and want nothing but constant G1 rehashes. If Hasbro does nothing but G1, they’re going to have to press the “Hard Reset” button again. Getting the same stuff year after year after year after year will eventually become old and boring. Of course, I’m not sure why I typed all this. You’ll just come back with a snobby wisecracking comment and believe you’ve won the debate.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

So in other words, you're getting worked up because I used a term you misunderstood in the context of my post instead of something more direct like "several months ago"?

I think you need to understand that "a while back" is a common term used for a range of time periods.

• Like Like x 2
  9. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Oh, you mean the one where they changed the Bayverse aesthetic, one that had already been changed once with AOE because it had gotten so stale it was chasing away the Muggles, to a heavily G1 influenced design because it's more iconic?

That's called VALIDATING THE VERY POINT I WAS MAKING.

Spider-Man has had a dozen looks over the course of his publishing history. What look do they tend to gravitate towards when making new shows or movies? Go ahead, I'll wait.

Done googling that? Good. Transformers has hit that iconic stage. Do individuals automatically picture THEIR iteration of Transformers when thinking about it? Yep. The general public? You guessed it. It's the whole reason you'll still see Sunbow Optimus pajama pants selling constantly at retail stores.

And was redesigned before it even HIT a decade. Kind of my point, but you do you.

Yeah, kind of how they changed it all away from G1 with at least 8 different series' and somehow that G1 aesthetic is what the public zeitgeist identifies. We're hitting broken record time solely because one of us is of the view "My version is the super special bestest", and it's not me.

Monica Rambeau's Captain Marvel gets media attention every once in a while, that's despite Carol Danvers' version being shoved into your face 24/7. Despite all that? Mar-Vell's version STILL gets a massive amount of media exposure. Why? Iconic. You'll ignore it, but it's true.

And these designs DID get their due in Generations, all the way back when Universe 2.0 was a thing. Do you know why they didn't get full on waves of nothing but those designs? Same reason you could get Dinobot and Cheetor at your local retailer for $5. Hot Shot was a tail ender and had bad distribution, but I remember seeing him substantially more than Rachet, whom I only saw once, and it is the version sitting on my shelf as we speak.

Data wins the debate, not me. When was the last hard reset? RID 1.0? A/E/C? Bayverse? TFA? TFP? RID 2.0? Cyberverse? How many of those are simply reimaginings of G1 instead of a head to toe new concept like BW? And if things were boring and stale, why go back to G1 stylistically as Cyberverse and TFA did? Same reason that the Dini DCAU was leaning on 60's and 70's era DC comic imagery. It was and still is iconic. How many different iterations of Batman have there been? And how often do we go back to the grey jumpsuit, blue accents and the yellow chest oval? There's a reason for that.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Terrellatron

News Credits:
    I wasn't getting worked up...maybe you guys were reading it as that but I never had said or typed anything that was meant as an attack.

11. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    To the people who are using the superhero argument on how people always want the same original iconic look for it's classic characters I should point out that even when they retain the iconic general traits that still didn't stop them from making each version of them distinct in their own right for each era. For example the Tim Burton Batman is certainly not at all like the 66 Adam West version like how the MCU Spiderman isn't a lot like the Sam Raimi Spiderman much if at all despite sharing some iconic design traits. Same goes for the supporting cast and villains some to the point of being forever changed as a result by a specific series. They show that you can retain iconic imagery while also doing things to help make each version still distinct and fresh as well. Something that most people are worried that Hasbro maybe forgetting to do with Transformers in the future if it hasn't already. Which is understandably frustrating since most series like Animated and the Bumblebee movie have proven you can have G1 imagery in some aspects while also doing things distinct and different to keep fresh. G1 doesn't have to go away. It just shouldn't be THAT stuck in it.

I also understand using data to back up certain arguments on why G1 is still the most wanted in the market but the thing is though data like trends can change over time. What may be high on the charts one day can change into being low the next day so while G1 may be the most popular to do now,there's nothing stopping it's numbers going done in the future with another series taking it's place on the popularity charts like BW since even Warden himself noted that he was surprised on how vocal and passionate the BW fanbase is which implies that they're going to eventually give it more exposure in due time.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  12. AutobotAvalanche

News Credits:
    The superhero argument sucks and I say this every single time someone brings up Spiderman. All his different costumes are quick gimmicks for a couple issues or entirely different spider-themed characters. You can't really go "well Spiderman always changes and yet they loop back around to the classic suit!" because he's never REALLY stopped being the classic suit, unless you think things like Powerlinx or Allspark Power redecos are just as significant as the change between whole continuities in Transformers.

Edit: the only one that really stuck is the black symbiote suit but even then the original is still more iconic and he's moved away from the black one.

• Like Like x 8
  13. Galvatross

Galvatross Dreklord of Ogremarr Veteran

Another problem with the super hero argument is that G1 itself changed during its run. The different waves of characters over the years often had vastly different facial designs. The alternate modes became less mundane and more fictional. The faces of guys like Starscream were sometimes vastly more human in the comic books. And this doesn't even consider differences with lore and characters in between the cartoons, comics, and toy bios.

Actually, I'd say that's one of my favorite things about the movies and G1 alike: that they actually do change things over time, even if there are some other aspects that are omnipresent.

• Like Like x 8
  14. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aye there boy I wouldnt go there

15. AutobotAvalanche

News Credits:
    Care to elaborate?

• Like Like x 1
  16. snokoan

News Credits:
    I would 100 percent but knowing you and my past experience with you that says alot

17. AustinLucas

Would Astrotrain be a perfect main antagonist in BumbleBee 2?

• Like Like x 2
  18. AutobotAvalanche

News Credits:
    He's C-list at best and doesn't have a very interesting personality. Plus if he's the main villain you have to go out of the way to explain what the hell is up with his alt modes.

• Like Like x 1
  19. snokoan

News Credits:
    Shatter and dropkick didnt have to explain it. It's the word show dont tell. And the reason why it worked because they were distinguishable and the designs were overly complex and they have color and not the silver color.

20. AustinLucas

I might have heard that Joby Harold is halfway done with the script for Bumblebee 2.