New Transformers Movies from Zodiac writer and Army of the Dead Writer

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Mglaighton120, Jan 27, 2020.

1. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well if you prefer the bay esthetic then you have 5 movies 4 games 3 Nintendo games

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    G1 is not going to be the safest option for Hasbro to rely on forever and that's a clear fact. It doesn't matter how beloved and popular it is nor how much you grew up in it during the 80's because even those are only going to take a beloved IP so far Transformers or not before it WILL become stagnant and repetitive. It may be selling great now but it won't be that way forever. It's not a matter of if it'll happen but when it'll happen. So them eventually making plans to be prepare for that to happen with the BW movie is a smart move on their part. So to those saying that Hasbro will only rely on G1 from now on because of how the Bayverse faltered or how the previous attempt at a connected universe didn't work out in the long run for whatever reasons that may have happened contrary to what some people may say, you all need to be reminded of how trying to do the same thing over and over again was what killed the Bay movies to begin with so Hasbro trying to do a similar tactic with G1 across all of it's medias will end in a similar fashion if they don't shake things up again sooner or later. Disagree with me all you want but when that happens don't say I didn't tell you all so.

Also like I said before they don't need to EXACTLY like the original BW show like how the Bumblebee movie wasn't fully G1 or for that matter the Sonic movie wasn't exactly like the original games as long as it keeps the heart and passion of the original intact. That's what good adaptions are about. Making changes when needed to in order for the movie to work.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Google+:
    I do perfer the asthetic, but that is not what i was talking about. At all. I was saying them going completely g1 would back fire. If they chose to do something like fall of cybertron the game did, or even something akin to tf prime. Bumblebee was decent enough at blending the idea of g1 and the previous live action. But them just full blown g1ing the entire thing might not be the greatest idea.

• Like Like x 1
  4. snokoan

News Credits:
    Yea I was referring to that you have like 4 console games with that esthetic

5. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    I'm 110% fine with them using G1 aesthetic as long as they allow some creative freedom in the designs. By that I mean stuff like Travis Knight's Optimus (and the other Cybertron designs). They were heavily inspired by G1, but we had never seen those exact designs before. They were still artists' creative takes on the G1 characters, with a lot of new little details and whatnot. They said "how can we take the designs we love and make them work on screen?"

If the movies start going the route of the Netflix cartoon...literally just 3D modeling the toys...I'm not onboard. To be frank, I probably wouldn't even go see movies that do that. Not because I would hate them, but because I can't think of a less interesting aesthetic (no, I don't plan on watching the Netflix show either). It's worrying to me because almost all the recent Transformers fiction has used extremely toy-accurate designs. Either Generations-based or Evergreen-based. I just can't get behind that approach, it completely lacks creativity. I really hope the movies don't start doing this. I don't think they will (I just can't see Paramount putting out a movie like that), but who knows.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Godzilla Ranger

Godzilla Ranger AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

I hope the Bumblebee continuation is a full on Transformers movie, not another Bumblebee solo movie lol.

• Like Like x 8
  7. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m okay with Hasbro doing modern variations of the G1 designs, but I’d prefer it if the story/mythos took from the greatest aspects of all iterations of the franchise while also adding some fresh ideas. I don’t want a complete retread of G1.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Same, IMO they need the Autobot team dynamic in the films. 2007 and AOE barely had it, and for the most part it's just "The Optimus and Bumblebee Adventures featuring some other guys who don't matter".

• Like Like x 2
  9. ScientistSkids

ScientistSkids Well-Known Member

Zodiac is a near flawlessly written film. The script is almost perfect, so the fact that this writer is anywhere near Transformers is just incredibly lucky.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Sablebot

Sablebot #iposttomakeyouthinknotdebate

You're right about Zodiac. Plus it has pre-MCU Hulk, Iron Man & Mysterio in the same movie, LOL!

• Like Like x 2
  11. mnabiyein

mnabiyein Nabiyein Commander A Decepticon The Leader

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    There are 2 film they will make? We'll see..

12. ScientistSkids

ScientistSkids Well-Known Member

And Jake Gyllenhaal is a better actor than any of them. Come at me.

13. Sablebot

He is pretty good at acting, but beyond that, we'll have to agree to disagree. RDJ does really well in his acting gigs, too. . .

14. snokoan

News Credits:
    That's funny first movie he did out of the mcu flopped hard af was not very well received. I guess the suit didnt save him this time.

15. Sablebot

Gonna have to disagree. The first Iron Man film actually put Marvel on the map, grossing $585 million worldwide, leading to the start of the MCU. Sources:
    ‘Iron Man’ At 10: How One Film Set A Dominant Path For Marvel – Deadline

Without Iron Man, we might never have had the MCU - 10 years later, it’s easy to forget what a risk it really was | GamesRadar+

Marvel Looks Back at Iron Man—the Movie That Started It All

How 'Iron Man' and the Marvel Cinematic Universe Changed This World - InsideHook

Breaking News, Analysis, Politics, Blogs, News Photos, Video, Tech Reviews - TIME.com

And also, this:
    Marvel Studios at the Box Office: How Much Has Each Film Made?

Iron Man 2 didn't do as well as the first.

16. snokoan

News Credits:
    My guy I'm talking about the movie he did outside of the mcu dr do little. The suit didnt save him twice in a row

17. Sablebot

My mistake. Been a long day. True-I forgot that one, because I don't even acknowledge it, LOL!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    I really hope that when filming starts they are less intent on hiding who each prop vehicle is, but also I hope that they keep Brawn from the Bumblebee movie at the very least since I really want him to be a major character again

19. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    If they do the designs right they won't even be ABLE to hide who the prop vehicles are.

• Like Like x 5
  20. snokoan

News Credits:
    Well bumblebee is definitely live action so that's like a no brainer that we will see like cars or something. Beast wars on the other hand none of the most reliable sources ever said anything about beast wars being live action. Chances are it could animated