New Transformers Movies from Zodiac writer and Army of the Dead Writer

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Mglaighton120, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Oh god no. Beast Wars would be terrible.

Not because its Beast Wars, obviously, but because they WILL butcher it. Bumblebee was okay but they have yet to do a proper ensemble film. This is going to be as bad as Justice League.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Op Minor

Op Minor Well-Known Member

Wholeheartedly agree that trying to make anything even nearly as good and engaging as the original BW is an incredibly tall order. But I’ll remain open minded through what could definitely be a wild ride ahead.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Paramount will not manage Beast Wars. It's beyond their ability.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    The problem with Beast Wars is the entire reason it all goes down, though: BW Megatron goes back in time to kill the comatose G1 Optimus inside the Ark on prehistoric Earth.

Because G1 Megatron tells him to via the Voyager disc millions of years in the future so the tide of a completely different war will shift in favor of the Decepticons.

It's very nuanced and I don't think could reasonably be explained in a film that would have to introduce Maximals and Predacons.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Autobot Jamie

Autobot Jamie Well-Known Member

They're giving in to many G1 fans who want to act like G1 is all we have. I also enjoy G1 but come on.

• Like Like x 6
  6. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Why would they hire 2 people who’s work has flopped HARD for being bland , bad, or not respectful to the source material.

Get some competent people who respect the work they do on your movies you idiots.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 13
  7. DanC

DanC Delightful person

News Credits:
    (spits out drink)

• Like Like x 12
  8. Autobot Jamie

Two huh? I wonder if they\'re doing what I think is as close to fans saying fair? A G1 movie and a Bayverse style movie. By that I mean the way the transformers look, and how they wrote the stories. 

9. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    So one movie is the follow up to Bumblebee and the other is Beast Wars... Interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  10. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    I love BW but I gotta call BS on a BW live action or hybrid CGI film. I wont allow myself to be hopeful

• Like Like x 2
  11. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    The potential BW movie doesn't exactly HAVE to be like the original BW show in many areas like how the Bumblebee movie wasn't exactly like the G1 show. As long as it has the same heart and soul put into it like the BW series with enough elements from it to drawn in the right amount of nostalgia like how the Bumblebee movie did with G1 then we shouldn't worry that much.

I get people don't want to see BW tarnish and trust me I'm among the part of the BW fandom that wants a strong BW comeback the most but we also have to remember that we're not in the Bay era anymore,and Paramount is clearly going for a new direction to try to appease fans more and be more careful on what they go character and story wise. It may not be for a while but if there's one thing we do know is that what people hated about the Bay movies won't be future TF movies. Sure they can still go either way but still if we want them to listen to what we want to see in future TF movies saying things like "They'll ruin this and that!", or "They don't have enough talent to write an amazing movie!" isn't going to help matters I'm just saying.

• Like Like x 8
  12. AnnoyedRobot

AnnoyedRobot Hiatus from 3D print design. Need bigger monitor.

[Sees "Beast Wars."]

Don't give me false hope.

• Like Like x 9
  13. Autobot Jamie

Two huh? I wonder if they\'re doing what I think is as close to fans saying fair? A G1 movie and a Bayverse style movie. By that I mean the way the transformers look, and how they wrote the stories. 

• Like Like x 1
  14. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    John wick?

15. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Am I hearing this right?

A BEAST WARS MOVIE?

• Like Like x 3
  16. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Unless they make a TF movie in the style of John wick, it won't work. These guys clearly don't know how to do larger scale movies based on characters from franchises.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    A Beast Wars film is only going to end badly given you have to have the G1 Great War as an established thing to understand why BW Megatron ever comes to prehistoic Earth to kill Optimus Prime.

Specifically, you have to have Optimus Prime comatose and entombed under a volcano on prehistoric Earth. Otherwise, there's literally no point to ever come to prehistoic Earth.

The critics would absolutely mock the crap out of BW Megatron getting instructions from G1 Megatron off the Voyager 1's Golden Disc.

:lol 

You need to understand Hasbro is still in absolute panic mode - where we are now is not where the brand was projected to be back in 2017.

Remember how bad The Last Knight did? That film bombing completely ruined Hasbro's long term plans, Bumblebee was supposed to have come out soon after that (the reshoots and complete plot overhaul that saved the film didn't happen until AFTER TLK managed to make $600 million+ and still nearly bankrupt Paramount) and the TFCU would've already had its first entry in the works at this point.

This, combined with the utter failure of Prime that capsized all the Aligned plans because the idiots in charge of that show wouldn't play ball with Hasbro's plans for the continuity, has scared Hasbro from trying anything new.

You can bitch and moan about G1, I certainly wish we would get something new, too, but at the end of the day? Bayformers failed hard, and G1 is still selling well after nearly forty years. Hasbro has to rebuild the brand's stability, so what else are they going to do but the safest option? Plus, now you get to experience what it was like for everybody else who had to sit through 10+ years of bay films and wanted to move on.

• Like Like x 5
  18. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But john wick has not flopped and people seem to love the movies

• Like Like x 2
  19. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Yeah, I don’t foresee these films doing too well. Shame.

• Like Like x 3
  20. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Did prime fail? Seemed pretty dam successful and wasn’t just canceled like many other shows. There’s a reason they tried forcing future shows to reference it.

Because all 3 movies follow a specific formula, a formula that can’t be applied to TF. Just because you made 1 good movie and copy pasted it twice, doesn’t excuse how you screwed up the multiple other projects before it.

• Like Like x 3