New Transformers Movies from Zodiac writer and Army of the Dead Writer

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Mglaighton120, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

Ironically, same can be said for you.

• Like Like x 2
  2. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Seriously, though. I never asked you a question nor for your opinion anywhere in this thread. Neither did anyone else. Show me where I did.

OK, dad.

I think you're the one that needs to alter the way you reply. I always treat people with respect until they show they're not worth having it. You've been a grouch trying to put everyone down for their opinions in every thread I've ever seen you in. Get a grip, dude.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I've said it a few times, but I like this idea so I'm going to say it a bunch more!

I would love the first film to be Beast Wars: Alien World, where the first movie is an introduction and plot is largely around the Vok, but in an improved, more cohesive of than the show.

Sequel: Beast Wars: Protoform X. I feel like this could be it's own horror-type film. We could even bring Depthcharge into it, there's no reasno he has to be introduced later. Have Depthcharge show up right off the bat hunting down protoform X. He can even be the reason Rampage gets activated again when he goes to check if protoform X is still online.

Third movie: Beast Wars: Code of hero.

I think that'd be a wonderful trilogy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

While this is a cool idea for Beast Wars fans, I think it's far more likely they'll loosely tie it to the Bumblebee continuity by saying some protoform material or whatever they refer to it as in this continuity accidentally landed in some wild, uninhabited area and developed to believe the dominant life forms were animal on this planet. I have doubts they'll tie it so explicitly to existing Beast Wars continuity that the Vok will even get mentioned unless it's in a wink at the camera sort of way.

5. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Beast Wars could work as a big format movie but given the amount of major fails for Transformers over the years my confidence is low.

If they use a restrained approach like Bumblebee it could work. Character development is key this and the 'less is more' Bumblebee formula was refreshing.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm very skeptical of them doing it in this way. However, if they were smart they'd be looking at the success of Guardians of the Galaxy and realizing that off-the-walls, true-to-spirit but different take can works real well. I don't want them to tell the same story as Beast Wars, but I want them to tell the same spirit of stories. Civil War wasn't exactly like it was in the comics, but adapted for film. If they are going to do Beast Wars, they should take the stories and adapt them for film and the universe they have already set up, and improve upon the stories with the hindsight they have.

It's the smartest decision. I'm not confident they'll go that route, but it is what I'd love to see.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Well true no duh about that but for every bad out there there's also a good one. We just have to pray they find the right one.

Again also true but at the very least we can expect them to make sure the BW doesn't go off the deep end too much.

With all due respect TLK was proven to be a harsh lesson for Paramount enough to be extremely considerate to how they're going to approach the Bumblebee movie which is why they're taking the franchise to a new direction to begin with. If they see something good in one of the writers they've announced in that one good film he's done that could be a start. And I do mean could,not will.

This is just the beginning stages. There's a chance some of the people responsible for the Bee movie's success may end up coming back for the two movies along with hopefully finding new people who are just as committed and passionate.

Believe me I'm keeping my expectations realistic. I'm just saying that just giving up on a movie being good before it even has the chance to be made isn't really something we should be promoting either because what good does it really bring? All it does is to not only show no support and advice to a studio that's looking to be really trying harder now to win back people like with how they've listened to the feedback from fans on the Sonic the Hedgehog film,but it also comes across as saying never bother doing something risky at all. I get that's not what you're saying but all the same we need to sometimes take a leap of faith and see if it works out in the end or not. Like how funny enough Hasbro was willing to take a chance at something entirely different with Beast Wars back in the day.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    On a creative level it's certainly possible to tell stories about these characters. But I highly doubt Paramount would greenlight a movie about characters like Cliffjumper or Trailbreaker. Movies cost a lot more to make than comics, so they want stuff with high name recognition. Marvel has a bunch of characters that have name recognition outside of The Avengers. But with Transformers it's mostly just Optimus, Bumblebee, and Megatron. And they likely won't make a movie about Megatron because he's a villain. I don't think we'll ever get to the point where we have 3 TF movies a year for multiple years in a row.

And I'm not saying you can't do anything with Transformers. There are a lot of ideas to explore, and they can still have a very successful franchise. I just don't think it will reach Endgame-level. Marvel is a pretty one-in-a-million situation, and that success will likely never be recaptured by any studio (although DC has the potential to). Even Star Wars is struggling with that. But Marvel doesn't need to be the standard for Transformers. As long as the movies are successful (and good), that's what matters.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bigpink

bigpink Breastforce

Ebay:
    Just to be clear the writers are the guy who wrote the film that bombed so hard Sony literally begged Marvel/Disney for help to make back their losses on Spiderman.

The second is the guy who was writing the Flash so badly that it's was pushed back three whole years for massive rewrites. Something that necessitated DCEU execs to reach out to the CW execs to ask for a cameo for the Flash on their TV crossover so that people wouldn't completely lose interest.

These are going to be the best movies ever!

• Like Like x 3
  10. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    Vanderbilt only did the story for the second one, he wasn't the writer. I don't think the Amazing Spider Man movies are great, but I think they have good qualities. A lot of the character interaction (especially in the first) is solid. I feel like most of the negative aspects have Orci and Kurtzman's fingerprints on them. This writer could do fine under different direction.

11. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let's just say that the only Terminator movies in my collection are the first two. I haven't watched the latest one but I'm a bit disappointed at how a certain main character from Terminator 2 was apparently treated. I guess I'll watch Dark Fate one of these days. I might end up liking it.

Oh man. I want to be optimistic but ......:( 
    It's kind of like, after five movies Paramount accidentally hired a writer who genuinely cared about Transformers as characters, as well as good storytelling, etc. Also, Knight had the freedom to do what he wanted because the Paramount big boys kept their distance from Bumblebee after the TLK disaster. (We came really close to getting 'I Hate Humans' 'Bee'). And that turned out to be a good thing.

Bumblebee wasn't a case of tigers changing their stripes. It was more a case of the tigers keeping away because they didn't want to get their paws muddy again. But it looks like they're back. Do those stripes still look the same to anyone else?

I'm hoping that's the case, but so far I'm not too impressed by Paramount's choices involving the new TF movies (at least not in a good way). In contrast, as soon as I learned Travis Knight was directing Bumblebee, I couldn't wait. But right now I've got a nasty suspicion that someone higher up is going to try to turn the Knightverse into Bayverse 2.0. I really want to be proven wrong about this.

I guess we'll have to wait and see who's directing these movies.

I feel so much better now.......:( 

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I'm glad to see there's at least a few BW fans that have the foresight and practical wherewithal to see how a "live action" BW movie would likely do much more harm than good for that particular iteration of the franchise. Pragmatism is a rare thing to see here most of the time.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    I suppose I don't see how a Beast Wars movie would do harm. Bay's films were loosely inspired by G1. Despite not being the G1 movies a lot of fans wanted to see, just look how G1-based media is thriving today. We're going through a G1 Renaissance.

A Beast Wars movie has the potential to kickstart a Beast Wars Renaissance if it's a big hit. Even if it's not the Beast Wars movie fans want to see, it could pave the way for a Beast Wars equivalent of Generations or something like that, if it's a hit with audiences. And even if it's a complete flop, it's not like it will hurt the Beast Wars portion of the brand...it's almost nonexistent these days. In a day and age where Beast Wars content is few and far between, I'd say getting a big-budget movie is a pretty high honor.

• Like Like x 3
  14. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Exactly. If the Bay movies weren't able to kill off any chance of a G1 revival that eventually happened then neither would the BW movie with a BW revival. Having it be a giant hit and be good would certainly help though.

• Like Like x 3
  15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    This is all very true, I'm just saying it could easily go either way, and IMO I expect the worst. Not simply prepared for the worst, I honestly expect it. Anything is possible, though, I mean Bumblebee had no business being as good as it was, so miracles do happen.

• Like Like x 2
  16. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Yeah I get you . Both movies can go into either direction so the least we can do now as to wait and see what'll ultimately happen.

17. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Eh, personally, I just would rather they went to a regressed future post-Autobot/Decepticon Earth than have the movies go back to Earth's Ancient Past for the umpteenth ***damn time in as many years.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    As much as I want to like a Beast Wars movie, there's just too much going against it based on what we're hearing now. I loathe ASM2 with every fiber of my being, and while most of that is probably the result of the meddling of Sony suits like Amy Pascal and her entourage it sounds like the writer hasn't exactly seen smash hits elsewhere. And if the writing bombs the entire thing bombs because Beast Wars is renowned almost entirely for its top-notch character writing and worldbuilding. (The rest of it being the voice acting and, at least in my experience, the attention to facial animation-- sure the CG is dated as anything but by and large the way the characters move still holds up just fine.) And even that aside, Beast Wars as a live action film, even if done as faithfully as possible, would still wind up disappointing a lot of people by virtue of trying to condense the plot of three seasons of television into a single movie which would invariably be a mess. Changes would have to be made no matter what in order to streamline the thing. Best we can hope for is something that at least captures the spirit of the original Beast Wars, the intrigue and interpersonal drama that served as the bedrock of the show, but... well, this is Paramount we're talking about. I'm not saying it can't be done, Bumblebee was a glorious beacon that showed that Transformers can indeed make for a quality film if put in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing, but it wasn't exactly killing it in the box office by virtue of coming out after TLK, which was less a movie with any coherent plotline and more an assault on the senses.

I love Beast Wars. It is my favorite Transformers series by virtue of its top-tier writing and how just out there and weird it all is. And that's part of why I don't think Paramount (and, by extension, Hasbro with the whole "brand synergy" plan) wouldn't be able to do it justice.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    The writing of ASM2 wasn't its problem! It saved quite a bit when it could. Look at Peter and Gwen. I bought that couple more than any other in comic book movies. I felt it when Gwen died. Sony fucked that movie over.

20. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Kevin hart for Rattrap.

• Like Like x 1