New Transformers Movies from Zodiac writer and Army of the Dead Writer

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Mglaighton120, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Appleseed

Appleseed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cause beast war not really famous here..

But depends also.. If can find a great director for it... I personally not prefer animal transformers.

2. ScientistMan

ScientistMan Well-Known Member

They’re popular enough to keep getting Masterpiece figures. But I don’t know beyond that.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    To be fair, that's just Japan and not Asia as a whole

• Like Like x 1
  4. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ayeee Beast Wars Maximal Hound.png
    HoSHound.jpg
    HoSIronhide.jpg
    Untitled.png

GuidoGuidi-Centurion.jpg Centurion The Last Knight.png
    Strange_Visitors_-_Domitius_Major_has_the_bridge.jpg Maximal Optimus.png

• Like Like x 2
  5. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
  6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Am hyped. So much potential for both films.
     Even better if they compete w each other. 

7. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Originally they were Maximals, before a timetraveling Shockwave turned them into Autobots we are familiar with who share the same body type, it was a story from the IDW Comics.
    Maximal Centurion became Bumblebee for awhile before he got his memory back. He had a war hammer and fought WW2.
    StrangeVisitors-CenturionAmnesia.jpg

StrangeVisitors-CenturionVsFakeShockwave.jpg
    BumblebeestreetcarbodyInfestation2-1.jpeg

Centurion (IDW) - Transformers Wiki
    Here is a link to the character's history.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  8. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    I do think Infinity War/Endgame was Marvel's peak (I don't see them having another hit as big as those, meaning they can really only go downhill), but I question whether Transformers can/will ever be as big as that. Marvel was able to do all sorts of spinoffs (over 20 movies total) which really helped flesh out their universe. The problem with Transformers is that they can't do a lot of spinoff stuff outside of Optimus and Bumblebee. That's not to say "Brawn: The Movie" couldn't connect with audiences if done well, but Paramount will never greenlight that. The world of Transformers just isn't as expansive as it seems, at least in terms of potential standalone movies.

Some of Bay's movies were huge billion-dollar hits, but for very different reasons than Marvel. Marvel's success is story/character/world-based, and Transformers' was mostly spectacle-based. And spectacle-based mega hits seem to be a dying fad. As of now, I just don't see how a Transformers film could reach Endgame-level heights. At least within the current studio framework. They'd need to take some instane risks and greenlight movies about characters without public name recognition. Marvel is lucky enough to have a franchise that has a lot of characters with enough name recognition to justify their own movies.

I don't think there's anything wrong with working on two at a time. Although honestly...I kind of hope they don't release the same year. I'd be fine with a year or a year-and-a-half between them...maybe even a two years. I enjoy Marvel movies, but I don't really look forward to them. I think it's mostly just because they're so common. There's certainly an upside to getting them frequently, but I kind of hope Transformers keeps their movies as big individual events that we can wait, speculate, and get excited for.

I don't think we can jump to that conclusion yet. This article mentions nothing about the whole "1990" thing. It seems like January is a fairly common month for TF movie news. Bay was announced as the director of TF5 in January of 2016. And Bumblebee's design first leaked in January of 2018. It seems like we get a lot of news early in the year. I sort of had a gut feeling we'd get something in January, even before that article (I realize that sounds super hokey, but it's probably just because of those past trends). I guess we'll have to wait and see if we hear anything about "Transformers 1990" in the coming months.

9. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

Japan specifically and maybe Asia in general got a very different Beast Wars than here in the US, episodes were edited for length and pretty much every character was altered to comedic effect. It'd be like taking Batman TAS and turning it into SpongeBob. In the US, UK and Canada (and the rest of the world, afaik) that show has a very different perception because, after some initial backlash, it turned out to be very very good, to the point that it completely changed every Transformers series afterwards, including the movies. It's why we have small teams of named characters instead of every toy ever made getting including in the background while we focus on one or two for a story, the way G1 was done. Personally, I think the whole ragtag band thing works better for a movie, but I wouldn't be opposed to some kind of Justice League Unlimited type setup for future shows (which is apparently what Cyberverse is, but that's very distinctly for kids in a way previous shows haven't necessarily been).

I don't think they're going to do IDW's backhanded retcon that eventually sort of gave them a Beast Wars if you squint, I think they mean... Y'know, Beast Wars. Rattrap, Cheetor, Waspinator, all the characters we know and love only now most of them voiced by celebrities as they chase after some shiny object that's never been brought up before

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

Maybe it doesn't have to be all Transformers necessarily. Hasbro does have a lot of brands waiting to be adapted to film.

#HCU

• Like Like x 2
  11. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot

News Credits:
    As I perceive it, the fandom is just burned to much by the previous movies to a point where there is no trust that the franchise will be treated with respect.

Me personally, I just expect the transformers take the form of animatronic dinosaurs in a zoo and fight there in a modern world trying to cash in on Jurassic parc/world. Instead of basing it on the real thing.
    If something like that happeneds im out anyway. It will depart too much.

I liked Bumblebee, but it definitely was noticable it was changed to a reboot halfway through production. And that kind of creates this negative aftertaste for me.
    If Bumblebee 2 is being made i hope it will become a proper transformer movie, they repair B's voice and give him a proper G1 look like Prime had. That way it disconnects from Bayverse and can be his own thing.

• Like Like x 5
  12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Formerly SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    I think this is it exactly.

I mean, ten years ago I would’ve done backflips over this news. Now I’m convinced if it does happen, which I highly doubt, it’ll be so far removed and so shit it’ll be impossible to enjoy.

The problem with rebooting BW for the general audience is that it was already a soft reboot itself. The characters and setting were new, but it was still the same basic premise of alien robots waging war over resources disguised on Earth. Reimaginging a reimagining is a tall enough order as it is, but with writers on board like this I think it’s obvious they’re not up for the task.

• Like Like x 5
  13. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At this point lack of faith is what will kill the movies rather than quality or faithfulness to the source material.

• Like Like x 3
  14. BlackRazak

BlackRazak Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Way late to reply.
    Someone mentioned "human girl names centuries-old robot" referencing Bee movie.

I actually like that humans named some Transformers. They are trying to adapt to earth culture (G1) aren't they?
    And I prefer that to the alternative: actual BEES on Cybertron.

As for Scorponok or Black Arachnia, Tigertron, Wazzzpinator et all, these could be derogatory names given to underlings based on likeness to earth lifeforms.
    They names would've been similar to B127 or the like.

To see Canon naming techniques watch

PS- PLEASE don't mention Takara/Japanese naming techniques
    Especially Beast Wars

15. GabeMSzn

GabeMSzn Well-Known Member

Ima be honest here, im not a huge beastwars fan idk i rather see vehicle robots than animals /: bumblebee 2 is ok i dont mind but i was hoping for a reboot you know a fresh new start. I rather wait and let them give us a good film instead of rushing and getting it done by said date. I dont know about you guys but i feel like the last transformers movies have been rushed and missing something from previous films. Idk thats just my opinion. I guess i still miss the time period of the first three movies, heck even aoe was good comparing to tlk and bumblebee felt like its own small thing that just basically focused on one character. But hey regardless i live for this shit man so im hyped either way its something new to the live action universe.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout A face you can trust! Really!

But that lack of faith is brought on by the lack of quality and faithfulness to the source material.

Transformers is the only franchise that's gotten blockbuster adaptations in recent history and been radically altered to the point it can sometimes be hardly recognizable for what its supposed to be. Then Bumblebee switches it up by actually trying to be far more like G1 in every way and that film did incredibly well for a follow up to the utter disaster that was TLK.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd be happy with a lower budget sequel to Bumblebee that focuses on expanding and developing the Knightverse and characters. Also, I'd rather the story does not involve Charlie this time (though I'm not averse to her returning in a later movie in the franchise as an older and wiser and version of herself). Give 'Bee a chance to evolve beyond 'human sidekick' into the Autobot's guide to this new world (And I still want to see Optimus egging the usually 'logical' Shockwave in the face). At the same time we can give other Autobots (and Decepticons) to shine.

I also want the intro to show Megatron wreaking havoc on Cybertron. But don't bring him to Earth yet. Save the showdown between the two leaders for a later movie.

What I don't want is for the Knightverse to end up like the Terminator franchise.

• Like Like x 2
  18. 84OptimusPrime

84OptimusPrime Autobot

:2c: 
    The opposite of this quote please. I would prefer Original G1 designs only. I have been waiting 30 years to see a “real life” Optimus Prime and his fellow AUTOBOTS. (First 5 years cartoons were “real life” to me.)

Would love to see Superion, Omega Supreme and Metroplex. ....Imagine a real life Metroplex...
    Devastator as his true Green Giant not his over the rainbow mess.
    Megatron as a Walther P38 please not a tank or a truck or a strange jet.

I am quite sure I will buy “Beast Wars” if it is released, but I will do so with my head held low. And file the movie behind Hobbs and Shaw and Pacific Rim 2.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan The Sept of Kaon

News Credits:
    So how would people feel if Micheal Bay gets attached to one of these?

20. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Never, not a chance and no way.