New Transformers Movies from Zodiac writer and Army of the Dead Writer

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Mglaighton120, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    I disagree. G1 had a much bigger and shallower cast with little actual story. Beast Wars has a smaller, more well defined cast and a more overarching story that can be streamlined into a neat adaptation. I also saw someone suggesting a story like Skull Island for Besst Wars and I could get behind that

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sir Spookii

Sir Spookii Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, I haven't posted in a while, but I'm back on here. ;) 

I just saw the recent news regrading the movies, which detailed that we will be getting a Beast Wars movie and a sequel to Bumblebee(Bumblebee 2) that will continue the apparent reboot of the "universe."

Given some of the issues they've had in the past putting the movies together, does writing 2 at the same time seem like a good idea? They could try to connect the two of them as they write them to show that there is a continuity being laid out, but we'll have to see.

Which movie do you all think will likely be the first to come out? I personally feel that they should make the sequel to Bumblebee first before jumping into Beast Wars.

3. Venixion

Venixion Evil Dust Bunny-con

News Credits:
    Well i think two different studios or whatever are working on it, so it might be? I dunno. Hmm, has there ever been two movies from the same franchise worked on at the same time before?

4. Galvatron1998

Galvatron1998 Maximal

News Credits:
    I agree with holding off on Beast Wars for now. While I feel like the brand needs some sort of reinvention to win back audiences, I think that tackling something along the lines of a Beast Wars movie is too loaded a task. I feel like they should pursue a Bumblebee 2 first, with a modest budget so that they can make sure they turn a profit. Paramount needs more "practice" in cracking a working formula. Once they've won audiences over and proven they can make a profit, then they should pursue riskier ideas.

5. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    It's not like it's the same dude writing both. I don't see why it would be a problem.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

The other thread got deleted before I had a chance to post this so I'm sorry for ambushing these folks in another thread but;

Well each movie is being written by a different person, to be handled by different production teams, so... It's certainly not a bad idea. Multiple movies are in development from every studio at all time, no one is exactly spreading themselves thin here, they're just planning to make two separate movies based on two different versions of the same franchise simultaneously. Assuming the Beast Wars movie is in fact a Beast Wars movie, IE a photo-real animated film like the Lion King or Jungle Book and not a modern day reinvention, they would only tenuously be connected story wise. The better question is what is the relevance of prehistoric Earth to the world of Transformers in a continuity without the Ark? Wait, that's actually dumb of me, the time travel will be motivated by the recovery of some never before seen or mentioned McGuffin

Off the top of my head, Superman I and II, every Marvel Studios film ever made, Raimi's Spider-Man 2 entered pre-production during Spider-Man's post, about half the Harry Potter films were being prepped while another one was in some active stage of shooting or post (a few even sharing directors and writing teams), every Godzilla and James Bond movie was made this way before they started taking those long breaks between entries so each one would be a big deal... Yeah, it's a pretty common practice

• Like Like x 4
  7. AutobotAvalanche

News Credits:
    IIRC the Matrix sequels were actually filmed at the same time? Could be wrong

• Like Like x 1
  8. Venixion

News Credits:

Ah. Thanks for the clarification on that

9. Nagatem

Nagatem Sea sea sea sea sea sea sea sea seaconOooo

I would be cool with it, as long as scott mcneal gets to keep the role

• Like Like x 1
  10. AutobotAvalanche

News Credits:
    Ugh, this I can see. Thankfully BW understood the difference between a character annoying the audience and a character annoying the characters. One is funny, one is just... annoying.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

It's weird to me to see so many posts turned off by the idea of Beast Wars because of that series' near universal acclaim in the fandom I grew up on... But I guess we're dealing with a whole new generation of folks who didn't discover Optimus Prime dying in the '86 movie and when Dinobot dying in Code of Hero at the same time and who were never affected by both as kids. It's like we're back in the Post-G1, Pre-Beast Wars era where people just don't want to see Optimus turn into a monkey

And the Lord of the Rings sequels. And Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and 3. Once the first one is a hit it's extremely common for the rest of a makeshift trilogy to be written filmed and edited all at once (and god bless the brave souls taking that on because I could never). This case is even simpler because there shouldn't even necessarily be a shared asset amongst production teams or casts. Like I'm not a fan of splitting the robots up to get their own solo movies and making a "Cinematic Universe" that way, but having a present day and/or 80s based Autobot/Decepticon war series going on and a Beeeeast Waaaaars spinoff at the same time is totally within the realm of reason.

No problem! Reading that back it could be taken a little snippy but to be clear there's no reason anyone should be expected to know all that unless they just already happened to know all that

• Like Like x 2
  12. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    See that leak was real fr December it specifically said an announcement will happen in January and what happened

13. Venixion

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Google+:
    We are in the post Bay era, it is extremely weird. But, not terrible. I guess now this is what all of you must have felt like with the bay films releasing. Something new is upon us, very different than before, yet somewhat familiar in it's own right. Another transformation, no matter how corny that sounds.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Appleseed

Appleseed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But Beast War not a good idea, maybe it's work in US and Canada, but not in Asia.

16. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Why not Asia?

17. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    BeastWars would actually be a good fit, considering it has the same humour as Bayformers.

18. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:
    um

What?

• Like Like x 1
  19. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    So did the LotR movies.

Personally, I'm not very excited for a seventh movie starring Bumblebee.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  20. ScientistMan

ScientistMan Well-Known Member

He’s referencing that one episode that was about Rhinox farting.

• Like Like x 1