New Transformers listings at Target

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Dark_Convoy, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Elvin Pena

Elvin Pena CyberCon is #1! Veteran

News Credits:
    Thanks buddy! :) 

2. Junior

Junior Wise Beyond My Years TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    At the same time, when I posted a Toys "R" us SKN for Mega Alternators, many people jumped for joy. MEGA ALTERNATORS, MEGA ALTERNATORS! Jets are Coming! In the end, they turn out to be Mega Buy packs of Sideswipe & smokescreen.

All I'm saying is that we have no idea what they really are, so I'm certainly not getting all excited. These entries could be the missing Universe toys or "classic" paint decos of the Cybertron line for when the repaints are on the shelves.

Just being a voice of reason. Not that it works that often. :banghead: 

3. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

True, the Mega Alternators fooled many optimistic people, myself included, but it still had the line name in the listing. Were this to be something new that fell within the Cybertron line, the word Cybertron would be in there.

And while we don't know what these listings could represent, we do have a good idea, given that:

1) Hasbro displayed new molds of G1 characters and the pricepoints in the listings match what Hasbro claimed the G1 Neo line would consist of

2) While a little earlier than anticipated, the timeline for the release of these molds isn't that far off, especially given how few new toys Cybertron has left to offer

3) The use of the term 'Classic' for anything else when there will be an overlapping G1 Neo line out seems...odd

No, nothing is known, but I'd say that it's almost certainly not a Cybertron line, and that the odds are pretty damn good that it's the G1 Neo line.

4. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    I do think this is the Neo-G1 line(for many of your reasons), but I still think there's a chance it's not and agree with Junior's advice.

However on #3 you say "there will be", we don't know that it definitely will be yet. At Botcon it was presented as Archer's proposal. So no matter how likely it is(I do think it's highly likely, just not a full 100%), nothing is truly confirmed yet. Assuming confirmation of the line to argue for confirmation of the line is obviously circular logic.

5. butz

butz slippery when wet

It sounds pretty likely that its neo-G1, given that theres only the two pricepoints which happen to be the same two as neo-G1, the "transformers classic" implies that they'll be older characters, the beast wars 10th listings that appeared (in Target computers, too) 6 monthes ahead of time, etc. but I guess time will tell.
    Too bad they don't have any UPC numbers, or I could check and see if they're listed at my store.

6. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's all speculation at this point but I too thought of the new G1 line, so who knows?

7. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    That's true... but I also think that if Hasbro went ahead and showed that proposal, it was because it has an enormous probability of seeing the light of day.

I think 'TF: Classics' will be the filler Neo-G1 line. At least I hope so. :D 

-airfox

8. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's right. And I suggest the following priorities -- they've worked for me:

1. TFs
    2. Other toys
    3. DVDs
    4. Comics
    5. Video Games
    6. Food
    7. Shelter
    8. Transportation
    9. Health care
    10. Clothing

Any questions? :D 

9. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    No time for love, Dr. Jones?

10. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Fair enough, but keep in mind also that Hasbro showed molds for the neo G1 line last summer, and as best I can rememeber larger size alts have only been mentioned in a "we'd like to make them" state, not a "we're working on them, take a look at this proto" state.

11. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

It depends on what the strategy is.

If this is a G1 revisited line, perhaps there will also be a new cartoon show to go along with it. Don't forget that the G1 show started after the toys were out. (If I remember correctly it originally aired on Sundays).(in the tri state are on channel 11 they would show the jackson five, then voltron, then the transformers)
    This would mean that Takara/Hasbro are banking on the toys hitting big, with a subsequent show hitting big, and finally the live action movie to top it off.
    I doubt this is what is going on. Why did I post this?

12. Junior

News Credits:
    Yeah, I understand all that. Just because my post count is not 3,000+ does not mean I do not have a clue of what Hasbro has shown at the Convention, online, and beyond.

The bottom line is that fans have and still do make ASSUMPTIONS based on the smallest piece of evidence. Mouth04 has not even stated that these are "Neo G1", the new molds, or whatever the fans want to call them. All he stated was that he is going to check into the listings and that we could make what we wanted of them till then. Plenty of mockups, prototypes, and decos have NEVER seen the light of day. Anyone seen the Seacons, the Armada g1 Smokecreen & G2 Deludge repaints lately. How long was it till we finally got Supreme Optimus Primal and Megabolt Megatron?

Till someone has more concrete information, we can banter back and forth all day long on this subject. If it turns out to be DPCIs for this new line, fine. In fact, I will be estatic because that means they are coming sooner than expected.

If you want to get hyped up, then go ahead. I was only trying to help be a voice reason and remind people not to get so excited before we have some hard facts.

I tried & it didn't work.

Oh well. :thumbs2: 

13. butz

butz slippery when wet

Could someone ask him if he could get actual UPC numbers? I really want to check to see if the listings exist at my store, and those whacky Target numbers he has listed aren't going to be of any use.

14. Foster

News Credits:
    You know what I say? If your post count is higher than your toy count, you have some screwed up priorities! A high post count can also indicate you're trying to compensate for a smaller something else. :huh

15. Junior

News Credits:
    Guess, I am safe with 1,400 figures then. :ev: 

16. Junior

News Credits:
    Depending on where he is getting the numbers from, he may not have that option. There use to be a book up at Guest Service when I worked for target that had all the DPCI numbers & a shortened name of the product. I don't remember that book having UPCs in it.

At TRU, we can look through the computer system and see all the SKNs for product by looking under the World and Classification. It is a lot easier at TRU than the old Target system to look up upcoming items, IMO.

:confused2  Better watch my post count.

17. butz

butz slippery when wet

I hoping he has access to the UPCs...

18. Foster

News Credits:
    Just don't rest on your laurels and you'll be fine! 1400, I commend thee! :thumb  Are they all TFs?

19. Junior

News Credits:
    Yep, unfortunately they are not all display. I have quite a bit of Batman & Superman stuff too. I have some pics over in the Collection Thread.

Here

20. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Y'know I didn't even notice your post count till you said that, don't assume I thought you were a noob cause you don't post much. All I'm saying is I think it's more likely that this will be something we've seen physical evidence of (the neo G1s) than something we haven't (larger alts).