New Transformers Game - Transformers: VR Battle Arena

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by B u m b l e b e e, Nov 4, 2019.

1. B u m b l e b e e

B u m b l e b e e Bumblebee

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    DISCLAIMER: This isn't the same Transformers title Certain Affinity is working on.

So, it looks like we have a surprise announcement with a new Transformers game and in the form form of VR! Here's a bit from the article:

A new and exciting way to interact and engage with the TRANSFORMERS franchise is about to open thanks to global play and entertainment company, Hasbro Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) and upstart game studio, Minority Media. The two have collaborated to bring the TRANSFORMERS franchise to life through an immersive, virtual reality, 4-person, player vs. player game “TRANSFORMERS: VR BATTLE ARENA.”

“An out-of-home multiplayer virtual reality game is an exciting way to put fans right into the middle of the larger-than-life action associated with the TRANSFORMERS franchise,” notes Casey Collins, GM & SVP of Entertainment and Licensing at Hasbro. “Now anyone can become the heroic Autobots Optimus Prime or Bumblebee, or unleash their inner Decepticon by stepping into the role of Megatron or Soundwave for a massively fun battle on the epic scale fans have come to expect.”

“There are generations of fans who will now be able to experience actually becoming one of the huge TRANSFORMERS bots,” states Vander Caballero, CEO of Minority Media, the award-winning game studio that created the popular location based entertainment multiplayer VR game Chaos Jump. “Minority Media and Hasbro have come together to craft a heart-pounding player versus player battle – a truly fun and immersive TRANSFORMERS adventure that delivers the awe-inspiring thrill of being and seeing building-sized TRANSFORMERS robots as you chase and fight your way through this game.”

The game begins following the shattering of the powerful Allspark that scatters pieces of it across the world. Players collect Allspark shard power-ups found traversing the environments by defeating other Cybertronians in order to collect theirs. Whoever has the most shards at the end wins. The experience initially features three different epic-scale environments that has players crashing through a downtown cityscape, slugging it out in a refinery, and taking the fight to the docks.

“VR is getting traction and becoming more ubiquitous in out of home entertainment locations, but until now the big brand experiences have only been offered in tourist venues and big cities as standalone destinations,” says Michael Zaidan, VP Business Development and Sales at Minority Media. “We are excited to bring a blockbuster brand like TRANSFORMERS to locations everywhere so fans can have a chance to enjoy this incredible experience in their hometown.”

Hasbro and Minority Media will continue to expand game offerings after the title launches so returning players will have the opportunity to experience new TRANSFORMERS adventures with different characters, new team play modes, additional battle arenas, more powerups, and new weapons.

Here's the link to the article if anyone is interested: Play as a Transformers Bot with “Transformers: VR Battle Arena”

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mod edit: Pormotional image and logo added.

Transformers VR Battle Arena Logo and Game Rig.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper green

News Credits:
    More transformers Games!!!!! Best Monday ever! It's been like 4 years but now we have more

• Like Like x 2
  3. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    At last! No mobile games! Yay!

• Like Like x 5
  4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    So you just stand in a box and shoot a gun... while the Transformer you control stands in a box and shoots a gun?

• Like Like x 5
  5. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    PvP = boooo
    "Location based" (at an arcade) = boooo

Let me put on my damn VR headset in the privacy of my own home and do some PvE like the anti-social recluse I am.

• Like Like x 8
  6. Capperclawed

Capperclawed ~~ Head-ON! ~~

while i too like hiding in the cool darkness of my basement, i don't think VR is mainstream enough to bank on it for an entire audience, personally im stoked there's an arcade element to this! I just sold my Vive because i wasn't happy with the lack of mainline software coming out for it.

While i would have liked a more intensive story driven experience, lets save that budget and time for a proper console game. Also big ass rifle controllers, looks like its going to be built with proprietary hardware in mind which, i think, leads to a more immersive experience than say, slugging your vive controllers into a wii zapper.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Endertrot

Endertrot Well-Known Member

Hmmm
    It uses stylized versions of the Cyberverse designs as far as I can tell, so, thats neat. inb4 this game is actually set in the time jump between seasons 1 and 2 of Cyberverse.
    As for being an arcade cabinet instead of a normal VR title, I'm torn. On the one hand, this means people without a Vive or Occulus or whatever else can actually play this without shelling out for a headset. On the other hand, this means it'll be limited to only people with an arcade nearby, and if their arcade even wants to carry it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. octobotimus

octobotimus Lost in space

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Couldn’t care any less about this. Bring on the real games!!

9. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    how to not hold a rifle:
    upload_2019-11-4_16-40-28.png

• Like Like x 7
  10. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Welp, at least it's an upgrade from mobile games...In a way....

• Like Like x 3
  11. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

Sucks that it’s arcade based, all the screaming sprogs will hog this and you’ll be waiting a decent while to get a turn. No thanks.

Still holding out for the other TF game.

12. RoboW4rrior298

Seconded!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Fc203

Fc203 #RestoreTheBayVerse

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    How? People have a lesser chance to play this unless they go to an arcade

• Like Like x 1
  14. RoboW4rrior298

Even less likely outside the US and maybe Canada. Any UK arcades these days barely have working pinball machines and what not. I highly doubt I’ll ever see this.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Michael Kenney

Michael Kenney Well-Known Member

Will this be released for PS VR or Is this another arcade game like Human Alliance and Shadows Rising that I\'ll never be able to play?

16. Sideswipe523

Sideswipe523 Well-Known Member

Dumb! Console game G1 based please, kinda like devastation but better. G1 4 Life

• Like Like x 1
  17. RoboW4rrior298

We got that with Devastation. Let other continuities breathe a bit.

• Like Like x 3
  18. RoboW4rrior298

It won’t be on PS VR. I hoped that it would be.

19. weevil

weevil Let's dance!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I hope they will make more Transformers games for PS4 or Switch.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm...

On one hand, a Transformers VR game does sound quite interesting. It might be a lot of fun, especially if they plan to add content.

On the other hand, it’s not a mobile or PlayStation or PC VR experience, but rather a dedicated VR set, which means a lot of people won’t be able to experience it, which is unfortunate.

Personally, I wish it was a mobile VR experience, since I have it, and some do others. Heck, even if it was an mobile AR experience, I would try it out as well.

Alas, it looks like I’ll have to wait a bit longer to experience a new Transformers game.

• Like Like x 1