New Transformers Classics Info - Price and Release Dates

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Joe Moore, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!

2. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just because it says ETA 8/4/06 doesn't mean the stores will definitely have them by then. Also, the planogram might not be set by then, so even if the stores have them, they might not be out on the floor, so I'm assuming 8/4/06 is when they'll start shipping from DCs to the stores. Remember, it's an ESTIMATED time of arrival.

Then it would be like rebelscum.com forums. "OMG, I hate Target soooo much. They suck, blah blah blah."

3. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow, that's a lot earlier than I expected. Cool though. I guess it makes sense since the movie line will most likely hit around April/May 07 (guess based on SW e3 release dates) so that give this line about 8 months on shelves.

4. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

So bring on the leaked test shots already! :D 

5. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, that does seem a little early for the holiday reset. Then again, the Christmas stuff seems to come out earlier and earlier every year.

I remember there was a rumor that Cybertron toys would hit stores on a certain date similar to the Star Wars launch. A number of people I know when to Walmart that morning looking for the toys. Did they find any? Nope.

6. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

My thoughts exactly. :D 

7. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Wow. August? I wasn't expecting anything concrete till.... well about this time next year.

I hope we see something at Toyfair... then i can see how much [if anything] I need to save up.

8. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I can't wait that long :cry 

Ditto! :D 

9. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!

Neo G1 for my Birthday! How frickin' cool is that?!?!?!

Moroni Prime was born on Thursday, August 4th, 1983.

Here's hoping they bring back the Technobots. ( I know they won't, but I can dream, can't I?)

10. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

I'm not an avid news follower, so this is the first I've heard of this.

What exactly is this line? Are they simply re-releasing the original G1 line? Remolds? Or will it be a glorified repaint line like Universe?

SB

11. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    New molds altogether. They showed two off at Botcon (Starscream and Megatron) but we've not seen or heard not much until now.

12. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Not the Neo line. As of a couple of weeks ago, the thing is still "planning" and not even a "GO" ... so I doubt they could design, approve, rehash, mold, rehash, remold, finalize, color scheme, box art, licensing, marketing, within the next 7 months and have it on the shelf.

Remember, it takes anywhere up to 2 years + for a toy to reach Aaron Archer's mind to the shelf. And Cybertron is slated to the END of 2006.

13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm curious but what's the Megatron design? Gun? Tank?

14. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gun. Vaguely sci-fi, with a large revolver chamber up front near the barrel.

15. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

They showed pictures at bot con and there is one floating around of him being a Gun. So WOO HOO!

Could this be what happened to our ALT Jets? I really hope they are modern day style with ALT detail and size!

16. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Define "modern day style" for jets. The F-15 is still in service with the U.S. military, as well as other militaries around the world. And, it looks a hell of a lot better than the F-22.

YF-23 would be cool, but it wouldn't be a very good disguise.

17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm To Infinity - and Your Mom TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No fair crappin' on the cornflakes, man. :) 

Prior, the talk was of the proposed Neo-G1 line being out in the early-2007-gap between Cybertron and whatever the hell the movie toyline. Assuming like most lines the toys appear around Nov/Dec 2006, that's only an extra 4 months give or take from the August. So it seems to me either an August release is semi-feasible, or a December release is not as feasible.

And if not 'THE' Neo-G1 line, then what, especially when the price structure seems to match up with what we've heard would be used for 'the' line?

18. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    They might be starting the line with remolds and/or repaints to extend the line and build it up before they introduce the new molds into it after Cybertron is done, get the name and line out there before laying in the good stuff. Like if they could release some Robot Masters first along with G1 repaints from Armada, Energon, and Cybertron molds, Cybertron Landmine as a Constructicon, Energon Inferno as Hot Spot, Armada Wheeljack as Sideswipe, that kind of thing. The Robot Masters molds seem likely to me seeing the price for Deluxes, they're an odd size of toy, between basic and deluxe, a couple two packs released at that lower price point would make sense, new molds in the US with classic characters to tide us over until the real thing is ready.

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm To Infinity - and Your Mom TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Seems possible the development cycle for this line could be shorter if a significant portion of the toys in it were remolds or repaints. (given that it's said to be a 'filler' line, it seems likely too)

Though since it's Kickback that made the statement, there's probably more information behind it than just an educated guess.

20. DoctorJoe

DoctorJoe who?

Didn't Aaron already say that robotmasters were poor products and he wouldn't be bringing them over?