New Transformers Case Breakdowns/Listings - Generations Devastator & RID Products

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mechafire, Jan 12, 2015.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It's a joke he's making from a line Venkeman said in Ghostbusters 2.

How do you know IDW didn't have much of a choice when he was killed off? For all we know Hasbro might have told them to kill him off. Also they could have tried to call him Sling at least but weren't able to. From what I've heard trying to reclaim or trying to make up for lost copyrighted names aren't easy at all.

2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    $150 for a repaint of leader brawl is a bit much

3. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prowl as an add-on would be (to me) a mistake. If Prowl is designed as an add-on, they would have to release Hook so that he can form both the shoulders and head of Devastator as well as scramble into a leg/foot. Has/Tak's track record with scramble city designs aren't the greatest and this was involving limbs being interchangeable with each other. Imagine just how much of a compromise a limb into a shoulder head piece? I get a headache with the thought.

If they do a Prowlestator, they should do it as a separate release, possibly a short term exclusive. This way people get what they want: A Devastator with the original six Constructicons and the IDW version where Prowl is the sixth member.

4. scrapmetaru

scrapmetaru Well-Known Member

1: what does Alpha Bravo have to do with this? this is about devastator and p2rid2. you failed to even MENTION either of them.
    2: you have no right to claim that no one will ever care about something just because YOU can't wrap your geewun-only brain around it.
    3: is slingshot really so important that any alternatives must be spat on for eternity? i have never ONCE heard anyone sling of singshots infinite perfection prior to finding out that he was getting replaced. but suddenly, AB is revealed, and instantly everybody rushes to protect the poor, innocent, beaten angel from the demon helicopter.
    just get over it. changes have been made, and you only look silly trying to fight them like this. it's not like they made prime into a green and white boat who hates everything and is only seen murdering everything that isn't from HIS new continuity. if that happened, i would stand right there with you in hating it.

if they wanted to do a new guy too, that's one thing. but to force the return of a character that frankly no one ever did or will care about on us because of their personal policy of classics only for no tangible benefit is just strange, ignorant, and obtuse.

5. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally, I just want to add a decent sized Devastator to my collection. I'm not too fussed about the identities of his individual components as long as they're all green and purple Constructicons.

I wasn't that interested in the individual G1 Constructicons as characters (though it's a different story with their Animated and IDW counterparts). For me, they were just a group of interchangeable 'Cons who turned into a giant robot.

I wouldn't mind us getting Prowl that could turn Devy into Prowlestator, but for the main release, I'm hoping Generations Devastator is an all-Constructicon combiner.

6. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    You have no right to claim that Alpha Bravo is somehow perfect and better than what WE like. You keep on doing this with every post I see you do. What's it matter to you that we want Slingshot? You've got Alpha Bravo. Why do you keep insisting on forcing it down our throats?

We don't want Alpha Bravo. We want Slingshot. We want G1 team compositions.

If you don't like it, if you don't get it, THEN DON'T POST IN RESPONSE. It's as easy as that. I've seen more people go "Oh it sucks you guys don't get Slingshot but I hope you guys do", which is a pretty okay thing to do, but you seem to be the only one thinking that we don't deserve anything.

We're not going anywhere, and we're gonna keep posting about it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2015
  7. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No one is asking any of the G1'ers to go anywhere. But you're not the only type here. There are those that like strict g1 and those that care little for it. You (and replace "you" for ever "we" in your post above :p  hehe) want Slingshot. Alas, it's not happening this time around. Maybe Hasbro will get the opportunity to change it later on, perhaps not and people will have a problem it or won't.

It really comes down to this: Are you letting it stop you from enjoying the figs just because the name and some aesthetics got changed around, especially due to legal reasons? If you do, well, there's not much anyone can do for you then.

8. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    my 6 year old boy only wants characters from the tv show. When he sees a new transformer in toy form, he ask me "Is he on tv "? If I say yes, he wants it, If I say no, he passes on it. So he is letting the Alpha Bravo guy, based on the different alternate mode, pass his radar, but the other Airialbots he immediately recognized and wanted.

I dont think he really cares about names at this point but if its not on tv he is not interested and I get it.

Im happy for the IDW fans out there though , good for them. just not what my boy or I want.

9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Can we knock off the Slingshot for/against argument thanks

10. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

Good job mate. You said it as if we care, bully for you.

11. scrapmetaru

scrapmetaru Well-Known Member

i never said AB the parking lot maker was perfect. i simply implied that flingtot was much farther from perfect and not for a second worth whining about. it's not like i'm saying that a legitimately valuable boot or arm, like swindle, should be tossed and forgotten in favor of delta conman. nor am i suggesting that every aerialbot should be replaced, i am merely agreeing with those who say that superion needed some component variety, and a helicopter accomplishes that goal superbly.
    getting back on topic, i can't wait to see who the new constructicon will be. i personally hope for a steamroller, but what do i know? not sure who's gonna be canned, though... maybe the left arm.

EDIT: oh, and don't say "we" like you're speaking for the whole fandom.your opinion is not the only opinion, nor is it even the most common opinion.

12. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    This is a really great post brings everyone up to speed on the IDW Combiner War mythology in a nice concise way. Nicely done very informative:thumb