New toys-What are your opinions so far?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ORIO, Jul 11, 2010.

1. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    New stuff is hitting the shelves and a lot of us have picked up new toys. So far, what have been your favorites, dissapointments, unexpected badasses etc...

So far I have picked up Seaspray, Drift, Hubcap, WFC Prime and Bumblebee and Wave 1 PCC.

Total wins - Drift, Seaspray, Hubcap and Scout PCC's.
    Drift above all just blows me away. I can't wait for Blurr now. This is one of those molds I will have to get every version of!

Kinda wins - PCC 5 packs and WFC Prime. The commanders in the five packs don't compare to the single packs and some of my drones are a little funky. My only complaint with Prime is that he's too small!

FAIL - WFC BB. I dunno what it is, I usually can overlook tiny issues with figures. I like his transformation and I love his gun (gave it to classics Bee) but he suffers from the same problem Animated BB did. As in, he's too big compared to other figures. If he'd been just a little bit smaller I'd like him a lot more. But next to Prime he just looks odd. I also don't care for his tiny shoulders

What about you? I know most of these products haven't hit saturation yet, but for those of you who have been lucky... what'd ya get and what'd ya think?

2. CheetahDC

CheetahDC Well-Known Member

Of PCC, HFTD, and Generations, I just got HFTD Legends Rampage so far. I'm amazed he can stand up in jackhammer mode without support, but a small breeze will knock him over.[​IMG]

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Actually, most if not everything I've bought so far has been great, save for the PCC 5 Packs, due to the fiddly nature of the drones. The best of them has got to be Leader SS. He's completely blown me away.

4. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^he's next on my list. As well as Legends Ravage. Whom I didn't even know was wave 1 legends until today. I didn't even bother flipping through the legends.

5. CheetahDC

CheetahDC Well-Known Member

Ravage, Rampage, Fireburst Optimus Prime, and Cyberfire Bumblebee are wave ones, IIRC.

6. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You're right. For some reason I didn't think Ravage was wave 1. So, I totally didn't think to check the massive amount of legends figures both of my TRU's have stocked... oh well, I'll hopefully get him sometime this week :) 

7. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    PCCs - Actually like them, thought I would hate them. The arm drones are pathetic though, and that's why my first ones will be my last ones (though I will probably grab the dinobots one).

Leader Starscream- Already one of my favorite TFs ever, right next to ROTF Prime.

Seaspray, WFC Prime and Bee, Thrust and Drift- Seaspray is awesome, Drift is my favorite right after Leader SS, Prime is awesome. Bee is too tall. they should have made his legs shorter. Good design tho. Thrust is more seeker mold, and now I only have one more needed to complete my classics seekers. The fact that he was only 11 versus the money I was about to shell out on Henkei exclusives makes him even sweeter.

Legends Ravage - Perfect. He's great and hope Hasbro has a voyager Soundwave that this ravage can be loaded into and ejected.

8. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have about 5 items left so far for SW and THEN I am done but that also includes the BEAST which is the walker. Then in TF's I have the WFC figures and Ghost of scream MP which I've already paid for coming. Plus some of the G1 stuff that is coming out for events and I love those. He-man I LOVE those figures cause they are 10X better then the 80's figures. Alll in all you can keep ALL the rest of the crap SW figures and ALL the crap animated TF's besides arcee which is awesome as well Seaspray too. Combiners on the TF's, those are ALOT of fun and I am REALLY into those quit a bit. So I am about 70% happy with what is coming out or soon to come out and the rest you can keep cause its crap. Fanproject add-ons for G1's oh yeah, lov'em ALOT. All he-man figures cause I havn't been disappointed yet since even though I failed on a battlecat from back in Feb. SW clone wars is starting to get rehashed AGAIN and I am just about tired of those items.

9. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    As the UK usually gets things late (if at all), I've only had a chance to get hold of Drift - who is all kinds of awesome! While the transformation is quite simple, the toy is highly poseable. Aside from yet another big shelf-warming Bumblebee nothing from HFTD has shown up yet. :( 

10. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    This wave is amazing. The only ones I'm not impressed with are the repainted Legends and Scouts. How many versions of Knock Out are there now anyway?

11. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

I've been pretty impressed with just about everything I've bought:

Legends - Ravage is just perfect in this size, I like to keep him sitting in Deluxe Ironhide's truck bed, peering over the roof. Rampage is also great, he reminds me a lot of the Neue Ziel from Gundam 0083, haha.

Scout - Hubcap's got a good novelty alt mode, but his robot mode is the winner here. Good proportions & poseability. Brimstone's got great maniacal poseability, but could use a good paint wash over all that light grey plastic.

Deluxe - Ironhide's really well done & has a far more movie-accurate bot mode than his Voyager versions. WFC Optimus is just rock-solid, a "prime" example of what a Deluxe figure should be. Thrust is fantastic in both modes. Drift is reeeeeally good, but those feet of his are a big minus. No Deluxe figure should be without ball-jointed or hinged feet.

PCC - Only bought Bombshock, and I like it a lot overall. But I AM disappointed to see there's already repaints in the next wave.

12. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    I love both HFTD Leaders. Starscream is every bit the match for Optimus.
    I like the idea of the PCC figures. Bombshock is neat although the drone limbs are kind of pathetic. Huffer and Smolder are cool...Searchlight is ok. Their minicons are ok for what they are.
    I love WFC Bumblebee...like WFC Prime (hate the vehicle mode).
    Sea Attack Ravage is good for Ravage fans...but...
    Legends Ravage is f*cking adorably awesome and cuddly and prickly. Best legends class I have.

...and I might just have to add Yoda to my collection, too....I love Yoda.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  13. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Having owned most of the 'new' stuff for several months (because Australia is totally awesome like that), here's my breakdown of it.

Top end

Leader Starscream: Masterpiece quality. Vehicle mode is kind of fat (compared to the voyager anyway) but the robot mode is amazing.

Drift: Sexually good. Car mode has a few flaws but the bot mode makes up for them. It poses extremely well. Can't wait for Blurr.

PCC Huffer: Not the best as homage, but it is a cracking little figure.

PCC Bombshock/Combaticons: A nice set. If you can get it for the price of a Deluxe, as I did, it is definitely worth it.

Brimstone: Killer alt mode, really evil looking robot mode.

Middle of the road

WFC Optimus: Looks nice in vehicle mode, complex and involving transformation, but increasingly in robot mode looks like a fat person weary a puffy parka.

HA Barricade: Will probably not get another HA figure to be honest - they feel too much like oversized deluxes. Nice figure though, although it irks me slightly that the deluxe version of this character has Frenzy doing more.

HftD Ironhide: Feel that it was done better at the Voyager level. It isn't so much suffering from comparison as one of those figures where you think 'this would be much better if it was at a larger sizeclass' - except that it is actually at a larger size class.

HftD Seaspray: Vehicle mode is nice, robot mode and transformation a bit too simple for my liking. That said I do have a fondness for it.

Thrust: Enough. Please for the love of god stop using what is one of the most overrated molds ever. That said, nice deco. Fortunately the concept of all of the seekers being more or less the same mold isn't something I buy into, and thus I only own three iterations of this mold (original Starscream, Ramjet, Thrust).

Hubcap: Nice vehicle mode, bleh transformation, bleh robot.

DO NOT WANT

Skyburst w/Aerialbots: Is it not actually possible to create a modern set of aerialbots that is stable and clips together well?

PCC Searchlight: Shoulders not locking in is fatal, and is something that shouldn't be an issue in this day and age.

Didn't buy Forest Battle OP, Battle Blade BB (or whatever the deluxe was called), Jetblade, Sea Attack Ravage, or WFC BB.

14. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

As all the new stuff hasn't had an official release over here and knowing Hasbro UK probably won't even get one I've had to go the import route and have got the following via Kapow Toys,

Generations wave 1 Drift
    ( When I first saw pics I was concerned that the kibble would restrict the poseability but it's not too bad and overall I think the mold is great. I'm looking forward to the Blurr version even more as I'm more familiar with him as a character. )

Generations wave 1 WFC Bumblebee
    ( I like both modes but the fiddly transformation reminds me of Movie toys which is a shame. I think the scale is fine and that Prime should have been a Voyager. )

I got this from friends as a birthday present,

HFD Seaspray
    ( Can't speak highly enough about this mold. Fits perfectly with the Classics and is an awesome upgrade of a G1 Minibot. )

I also have the following on pre-order,

Generations wave 1 Thrust
    ( Yet another Seeker but I skipped the Henkei version as I didn't like the deco on the wings so this one will go nicely alongside Henkei Ramjet and the forthcoming Generations Dirge. )

Human Alliance Jazz w/Lennox
    ( Aside from Sideswipe I think this line has been the best of the Bayformers from both movies and if Jazz is the last then HA is going out with a bang as he looks like being the best one. )

15. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Hook prime and pcc5 pk are losers for me. All the others are total win. Ldr SS tops it off.

16. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Legends Ravage is fantastic. I was going to buy Sea Attack repaint of the deluxe, but after getting the legends I see no need of another version of the character. I love Drift, too.

The others I got (Hubcap, PCC Smoulder) are also fine. Not getting anything I am not very keen on, I'm trying to be good.

17. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    The most disappointing thing is that it's probably going to be a long time before anything at the level of Leader Starscream is produced again.

Normally, i get bored with a TF after..... 20 minutes. Nearly a week later, and the novelty is only just starting to wear off maybe a little.

18. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    I haven't been able to get my hands on any PCC toys yet, but the HTFD and WFC ones I have gotten rock my world. Right now I've been able to get Leader Starscream and Hook Prime, Seaspray, Ironhide, Blade Bee and the two game figures. The design team really outdid themselves with Starscream and I can definitely see why it's being considered for MP status in Japan. Seaspray is simplicity turned fine art and the deluxe guys are just fun to fiddle around with.

19. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

So far I've bought the PCCs (most), WFCs (both), Seaspray, and Jetblade. The only 3 items that I've really been disappointed with so far are:

PCC Arialbots - suck
    WFC op and bb - just not for me, hate the plastic, that will be the end of my WFC purchases

20. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

So far, the only new toys I got are Generations Drift and Thrust.

I absolutely love Drift!

Thrust is okay. I'll just leave it at that.