New to the Forums...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autobot Meister, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Autobot Meister

Autobot Meister Well-Known Member

Hi

I am new to the forums and somewhat new to collecting G1 figures.
    I had a very small head start with the figures that i have kept since my childhood.
    This seems like a really incredible website.

I was wondering if there is a good resource on the web for "proper sticker placement".
    I sometimes struggle with the instructions when it comes to sticker placement.
    For example, Smokescreen. It says to apply an Autobot symbol on the front part of his hood, however there is a huge #38 there. What do you do in cases like that?
    Thanks for any help.
    AM

2. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

Welcome.

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    look in our resource section, we have instruction book scans, which show where the stickers all go. For Smokescreen, the autobot logo goes over the numbers (or you can just place it slightly in front). You can also go to Reprolabels.com as they have nice images of sticker placements too.

4. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Welcome to the boards. Another thing you can do is not put a sticker on a figure if you don't like the placement or put it somewhere else. For example I (and I'm sure many others) didn't put the eye stickers on the G1 Seekers because they tend to fall off and are a pain to put on. I just left them and Smokescreen's Autobot sticker on their stickersheets.

5. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Welcome, I'm fairly new here myself but I've found this to be the best of the boards (lurked around a few for ages before settling on here), very active, informative, supportive, other-ives community :) 

I'm quite selective as to which stickers I apply, I've never deliberately (or accidentally!) misplaced any, but I frequently leave a couple off. Usually the faction symbols for some reason, I think it stems from when, in the Marvel comic, the G1 Autobot cars use the blanking plates that slide over their Autobot symbols. I always thought they were a bit of a giveaway, without them ,they were just cars. Although, perhaps I never had enough of them to sticker up my stand-ins (Go-bots etc.), and they subsequently stood out? If only Reprolabels had been around during my childhood!

Wavering back on topic, I echo Redlines' advice, and would also suggest checking out the galleries for each figure to get an idea of the best placing of each sticker. This is a good way to see the before/after for the figure.

Hope you have a good time here.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally, I put Smokescreen's further back on his hood, right over his head.

7. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  8. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

Yes use that link above helps me all the time, also welcome aboard Autobot Meister.

9. Autobot Meister

Autobot Meister Well-Known Member

wow, thanks for the awesome welcome!
    ...and thanks for all the great answers.
    i look forward to being an active member on this site.

AM