New Titan Wars Listing Confirmations: Krok, Kup, and more!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mr. Chaos, Aug 9, 2016.

1. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    Aw, I was hoping they'd do a full sized Repugnus. I guess it doesn't necessarily stop them from doing one later on, but it'll be disappointing if Doublecross is the only full sized Monsterbot update.

Already knew about Krok, but always good to concrete confirmation. It's still a weird-but-also-makes-sense-in-a-weird-way choice for a redeco, but I think that mould will look awesome in black, luminous yellow, and purple.

Interested to see what Kup and Perceptor turn out like. It would be nice to have a Perceptor that isn't a god damn nightmare to transform like the RTS one.

Top Spin has me intrigued as well, if there's a Twin Twist announced then I may be tempted to replace my Mech Ideas Apex and Geminus.

2. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We may still get a full size Repugnus. Like like we may get a full size Nightbeat and Siren. We don't know what they're planning for the back end of the line. Maybe all of these heads will get bodies and they just wanted to get some heads out now. For all we know Squezeplay and Repugnus will share parts, and Grimlock, Fangry, and Doublecross will share parts. Horribull and Slag/Sludge/Snarl could share parts as well.

3. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Perceptor is getting a new mold, it really should be a voyager-sized one. The triple-changer gimmick would be great for him, a tank and microscope style battle station would be a sweet combo. But for a deluxe they could really get by with a Hardhead remold, as long as they changed both weapons. Kup should be interesting, but I think he makes a new headmaster Cyclonus a must, since he'd be the only major movie character not to be updated in this line.

+-MWG-+

4. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro have 3 new deluxe from wave 3 to bring to NYCC: they've not officially unveiled Getaway/Breakaway, Triggerhappy & Doublecross yet.

5. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Yeay for the deluxe Quake, Topspin, Perceptor and Sergeant Kup but frankly a titanmaster Repugnus when we are getting a deluxe Doublecross makes no sense. Hopefully Repugnus will get a deluxe body and this is some sign that all titanmasters who normally have full scale bodies will get a deluxe.

6. denebian

denebian I've got better things to do tonight...

News Credits:
    I have a feeling they will just slightly retool/repaint Blaster's head. Have you seen what Blaster's head looks like under the helmet? All they really need to do is add some yellow and fix the chin, and they have Perceptor's head.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is hopefully the case. It could be they're trying to get us to buy the heads twice, the second time with a body attached.

8. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

Shuffler is a welcome addition after getting Lione. I'll probably be passing on the rest.

9. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    So do you think Nijika will be Perceptor's head? And also, will this release drop the price of Magnificus as well? Or better yet, if the mold is good, maybe GET a retail Magnificus?

10. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    All of that sounds great...except Repungus. Sigh... Guess I'll keep my Universe 1.0 in there a little longer.

11. Rewbot12

Rewbot12 Well-Known Member

Since Quake's body might be a redeco of Hardhead's. I hope there's some retooling as well.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  12. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    I'm eager to see that new Kup. The other Generstions one with the earth pick up alt mode doesn't look right in my Wreckers display.

13. Louise Belcher

Louise Belcher Autobot loves Android

News Credits:
    I agree with everyone, it's kinda suck that Repugnus got titan master instead of delux. I hope his titan master will be good enough, at least.

I'm really disappointed with the decepticons selection of this line, it's pretty lame. I need someone awesome to fight against my delux autobot (Blurr) and balance the number of evil guys against the good guys. I wish there will be Starscream/Skywarp* in the titans return line. I would also like to have "Diaclone" Dinobots (mini-me Grimlock king!).

* Yes, I know Blurr didn't fight against Starscream in the G1 cartoon.

I also think Shuffler is going to be fun:D !

14. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    So which of these will be new molds?
    Granted that we already know about Getaway, so Sergeant Kup could be new...
    Perceptor will likely get Hardhead's mold.
    Krok could be new or likely he's a Skullsmasher remold.
    Quake could be a Hardhead remold as well.
    Topspin could borrow from Highbrow or Triggerhappy maybe?

I don't see this line getting a lot of new molds but if they continue to hide the similarities better than what they've done with the CW line I'm on board.

15. God Ginrai

God Ginrai Energon Enthusiast

According to the Transmissions Podcast Kup and Perceptor are new molds while Krok and Quake are repaints/retools of Skullcruncher and Hardhead. Topspin could go eithet way, I guess.

16. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would prefer that Perceptor be Voyager class triple changer... bot, microscope, tank.

Being a deluxe, he'll only have two modes, and I highly doubt Hasbro is going to go with bot and microscope.

Whatever happens, with this new Kup and Perceptor, I can move my existing ones to my Wreckers display and put the new ones on my Movie display.

Also... why are Topspin (and probably Twintwist) deluxe? Those should be legends :/ But well... also going on my wreckers display!

17. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    I was never a huge fan of the generations release of KUP. I hope with this new release we get a version that is much closer to the original mold.

18. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Oh, okay. (I've gotta start listening to those Podcast more often)

In any case these new molds would have to be exceptional to make me wanna replace the current Kup and Perceptor. Especially since I wouldn't want them as Headmasters.

Krok I'm really on board for and maybe we could get the other IDW Scavengers in this line as well.

Highbrow = Spinister
    Triggerhappy = Missfire
    Chromedome = Crankcase
    Fulcrum = Scourge
    Leaderclass Overlord = Flywheels.

So the potential is there, it's only up to Hasbro to have already seen it.

19. shellformer

shellformer @

It would be funny if Topspin's head is Twin Twist.

I really do wonder why they're doing obscure characters like targetmasters and monsterbots instead of the headmaster jr crew.

20. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    What I REALLY want Perceptor repainted into is Magnificus. Give him an actual retail release, I don't want to pay a bunch of money for that exclusive.