New Titan Wars Listing Confirmations: Krok, Kup, and more!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mr. Chaos, Aug 9, 2016.

1. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    After the nightmare of dealing with only getting the G1 Tiny Titans, I have nothing positive and mostly vulgar things to say about that idea...

2. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Oh the recent Triple changer reissue really hurt. Those color were too much for me. I just couldn't do it. LOL

That would be fun but I think unlikely. Takara probably would have done it already or at least by now if that were going to happen.

3. Black Omega

Ebay:
    Facebook:

I was pretty sure that was Hasbro's pitch when asked at a Botcon that followed the Classics 1.0 releases or 2.0 releases

While I have enjoyed the modern update or modern take on G1 with the Classics line I have greatly appreciated the faithfulness to the G1 look too. The seekers, Hot Rod and quite a few of the Autobot cars come to my mind for that. Whatever way Classics is pitched to us by Hasbro I think each fan will get what they want, what they like and collect the ones that fit the collection they are trying to build. For me I'm just thoroughly enjoying the fact we got scramble city style combiners and now Headmasters in our Classics line up of figures.

4. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Honestly, I wonder if people are taking that "reimaginings" line too far. I mean, even if CHUG were strictly "G1-updated," it would have to be a reimagining, wouldn't it?

5. Black Omega

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Dang, that's deep! And rather well said.

6. gothsaurus

gothsaurus Evil Overlord of Doom

Ebay:
    as for G1 reissues, I've been off-the-chart excited when they've created new characters (including Diaclone redux characters). Overcharge, Road Rage, and others were a great addition. I hope these keep coming. I only wish they had a way to bring down the price a little on those reissues.

7. Black Omega

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I've always treated Classics as an updated G1. Neo-G1, reimaging, G1 with more articulation, poor man's MP's, call it what you will but everyone's approach is different and suited to their tastes. I have enjoyed CHUG for what is is. I have a small healthy collection of G1 figures. I think roughly about 90 or so. And I have about 160 or so CHUG figures which cover from Classics 1.0 up to Titan Returns. What I've done that has given me alot of joy in my collecting is showcasing where TF's started (my G1 display) and where they are going (my CHUG display). And just for fun I have what I call a Cybertronian display which covers one off figures I have acquired like FoC, Cybertron, Energon and Armada figures totaling about 18 or so in number.

We all keep trying to establish rules or guidelines around collecting or how a particular TF line is defined but ultimately all of us are buying what we want, what peaks our interests and designing our collections based on our preferences. I myself am having a grand time with Classics in general because that collection is my strongest and most abundant representation of G1 characters. I don't replace every character that gets redone in CHUG (looking at Henkei Ironhide vs CW Ironhide) but I will replace ones where the newer interpretation appeals to me more (looking at IDW Classics Blurr vs TR Blurr).

So I say pffffft to any rules, guidelines or definitions and just have fun buying what you like and what you want to have in your collection!

8. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Well said.

9. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Really?

I sold my G1 Perceptor as soon as I got the RTS version. Guess that's just an opinion.

10. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'd be all about blind bags. Especially if they came with the Japanese heads for Skullsmasher, Brainstorm, etc...

11. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Quite the opposite for me but thats just how I've been. Perceptor was the first G1 figure I got back in 2008 with that reissue. 2011 & 2013 I got Trailbreaker & Cosmos.

For me any figure in the CHUG line put out will always out class and out do anything G1 or MP did. But thats just because the aesthetic and quality of those lines are an acquired taste that I don't have. For me CHUG Perceptor is the best Perceptor out there (Not saying much as we only had three others released before then) but it isn't the best. Hoping TR Perceptor out does it. Cause for me CHUG is the definitive G1 line. Whether they're going for G1 before Thrilling 30, IDW with Thrilling 30, or best of all straight up redoing G1 with articulation with CW & TR.

12. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Well, Takara hasn't had Shockwave yet and they don't always remold toys.

13. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    If this was the case, I'd be on board.

14. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know that there's some inevitable Japanese promo ones going to happen down the line!

15. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Meh. Give me the EZ Collection Gashpon style. This line is ripe for it.

16. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess because I absolutely hate the RTS mold. And when I went back to my G1 figure (one of the few I still have from my childhood) I was shocked at how much better I thought the figure was.

This coming from a guy that really doesn't care too much for the brick-y old G1 figs. G1 Perceptor actually looks like a robot, proportions are good, and has surprisingly decent articulation for the era. Contrast that with the horrendous transformation, ugly proportions and bland alt mode of the RTS figure.

17. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Excited for this. What other possibility do we have to get another version of Quake? I don't think that Takara will even bother to release it (Krok probably will have more possibilities though, I hope they start releasing the full Scavengers team).

I will get both Perceptor and Kup despite that I already have the United versions of them (which are much more solid and fix some of the problems with each figure) mostly because I want them for my '86 movie display while the last toys will remain in my IDW/Wreckers team.

18. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Any time there is a tank mold. Any tank would do. But we had to wait until now before Hasbro finally remembered he exists.

19. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    A shame that Krok is a repaint of Skullmasher most likely, considering how he was a space ship in the old comics. (I think)

20. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I want Krok's Action Master partner Gatoraider to be repainted from Skullsmasher with Krok being the Titan Master companion with his own head (since Gatoraider doesn't previously have a head).