New third party original mold Ultra Magnus under way!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Yeah, I will take your word for it, and I will be waiting for the reveal. This changes my plan in a bad way. I wasn't planning on any MP-10 at all.

2. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I'm going to laugh my ass off when this gets KO'd.... by CHMS....

Anyways, the new image is looking good. Much better than the first image, that's for sure.

He kinda has to partsform. Having a separate cab and trailer combine into one robot inherently means a bit of partsforming. Now, if you want the trailer all be one piece that the cab/bot jumps into, then I suppose I can understand.

I, frankly, couldn't care less if it partsforms or not as long as it looks good when it is done. UM gets a lot of forgiveness for doing it this way.

3. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    6" Titanium Ultra Magnus would like to have a word with you.

4. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Was it confirmed though? With so much shit going back and forth, I don't recall if it was just speculation or if the insiders really confirmed that.

You know you have the ability to turn your words into "fact", so I just want to confirm.

I actually thought the same thing myself, but I want to make sure. In either case, that won't be out for like 3 years and will probably be like $350.

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    From what I recall. They said that MP 10 was designed with UM or PM already in mind. I think that was expanded to mean that he already has connection points. They also said that they are testing out the $250 MP price point. Those sales will determine if they will continue with it. I take that to mean that UM will be at the $250 price point.

So no nothing confirmed because TT needs more RnD before committing. So I heard, so I say.

I can't recall the exact thread but it was an MP10 or 11 speculation thread. I remember it started off as every other spec thread and was about to die until some insiders stopped on by and then a ton of info was eluded to. So it went from lame thread to megathread.

6. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I won't pay $250 for a new MP Prime, but for a new MP Magnus with armor...?
    I hate hate, hate to say this, but there's a good chance I would. He's one of my favorites, and my willpower is not strong.

7. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    oooo, I'm interested.

8. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I wouldn't pay $250 for the Prime but that is because I find the G1 trailer nothing more than a riser to display figures on, one hell of an expensive riser lol) I will get the eventual NA Prime release sans trailer.

$250 for an MP Ultra Magnus though? Easy buy, Wasn't MP Hotrod
    $200 and a bit? And that came with a lame trailer.

9. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    If he is going to try and argue that he is indeed a separate cab and trailer in alt-mode, then I'd love to hear how that conversation would go.

10. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Nope he will just argue that a combined cab and trailer mode can turn into a bot with no partsforming or no cab jumping into anything. Just the way he does :) 

11. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I am thinking $350 because if someone is willing to pay $250 for Rodimus and Optimus, and their trailers barely do anything, it will be $350 if the trailer actually connects to the figure and break apart. Etc, etc.

I really don't want to see that QC thread for that figure. I could already see the my paint chipped thread on that one.

12. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    So he'll throw out argument that has nothing to do with what I was talking about?

You must have missed the part where I specifically mentioned separate cab and trailer. :inquisiti 

13. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I must have. But in the end, who is to say they need to be two seperate peices with attachable armour. MP UM will be but that is just because they are still looking at the figure in the same way. White Prime + armour.

14. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    See now this actually looks like Ultra Magnus and not a nu-anime knock-off. But yeah, the face.

15. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Necro'ing an old thread due to interest in said topic...

BTW, there's a link to the video on youtube: CHMS Ultra Magnus - YouTube

Gotta say he look interesting. Wonder if they'll have any prototypes up soon....

16. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is it just me (maybe mentioned already) but the Prime mold looks like MP-10 to me.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I just can not get over how silly the proportions are. He's got these huge arms and huge calves and tiny thighs and a short torso.

18. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Jeebus, that looks a lot more involved to transform than I had imagined. Definitely has a lot of promise.. hopefully they can pull it off well when it becomes a physical creation.

19. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    It hasn't been mentioned but while watching the video I thought the same thing. That's too complex for 3rd party and not MP01 Prime. They must have obtained the mould like iGear scored the Seeker mould.

20. Stryker055

Stryker055 Embrace your contradictions

Ebay:
    I was just about to point that out. Between the proportions, the face, and the fact that most people are content with City Commander, I can't see this being too successful. The design and transformation does look pretty impressive, however.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.