New third party G1 Skyfire?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by AutobotMirage, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Yeah, instead of some of you talking shit how about you state what you don't like and what you'd like to see changed? I mean you have a group of people trying to make a Skyfire for us and actually want to know what we think of the project so far. I don't know about some of you but I think its pretty awesome when a company just straight out asks for our criticism and input. If you've ever wanted a G1 Skyfire then this is your chance. Tell them what you want, what you like, hat you don't like..

2. malcontentman

malcontentman Cybertronian James Cagney

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I like the effort and I am glad that third party companies are constantly trying to produce stuff that we as fans want to see. Engineering toys like these are not easy especially when they are trying to incorporate specificly recognizable elements from the cartoon design into the figure and some companies are obviously better at this than others. This Skyfire surly needs work, but it is a start. It does need improved sculpting and better proportions. If they can at least make him look good in Robot mode though, I think the work on the Alt mode in this case should come a little bit easier for them.

3. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah...that thing looks butt ugly. Definitely sticking to Classics Jetfire, who didn't need a 3rd party replacement in the first place.

4. tq04q5k

tq04q5k Member

News Credits:
    Ladies and gentlemen, look at the proportion of products[​IMG]

5. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice! Size-wise, it'd be a good fit with the Classics figs.

BTW, before the inevitable next round of "This sucks!" and "The proportions suck!" consider that as far as bodily proportions, the Henkei Skyfire is actually worse:
    http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/toys/henkei/jetfire/1557/1/91/

Like, a lot worse:
    http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/toys/henkei/jetfire/1557/1/114/

Hey, I love my Henkei Skyfire, but if people prefer that to what we're seeing here, then I question the judgement.

6. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, well constructive feedback... the arms would look better bulkier, and the jet mode looks too boxy. Lot's of people have stated this. Let's see the magical changes! I just have a good feeling what we are seeing is what wer're gonna get.

That being said, some people can say bad things about Classics Jetfire if they want- people who like it aren't saying it's flawless, but a lot of us got it when it was new, so we're talking $20-$50 depending on weather you got Takara or Hasbro's. So, 5 years later, if a 3rd party company wants to make a new one then that's great, but we already know the price is gonna be over $100 at that size. So the point I'm just trying to make is that while it might be cool, it's gotta blow every aspect of the classics toy out of the water to warrant the price. That is unless, as I posted in my previous posting, all you want is a figure that's more accurate solely to the cartoon version of the character.

7. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    As an avid hater of the Classics Jetfire mold, I applaud this 3rd party effort.

Despite the elongated chest panels, the botmode looks very nice imo.

Jetmode remains problematic, with the legs sticking out to the rear too much ;
    the sliding shinleg concept just can't compact the legs enough. Personally,
    I'd say a legtransformation schematic similar to DOTM Deluxe Starscream could work for a SKyfire, in
    order to shorten the jet.

8. RodimusGar

RodimusGar Autobot Leader

He is just too wide and rounded, I know who ever did this tried to make the best Jetfire/Skyfire they could and I respect them for that. I have always wanted a skyfire that could carry another bot... "hint hint" its def going to need a gimmick though. In conclusion, with...

Smaller body
    bigger arms
    re-worked head/ wings

it would be awesome! We have to remember, the reason we love the CHUG stuff is because it RESEMBLES the G1 characters, not because they are exactly the same. If that was the case then everyone would be mad at G1 jetfire.

9. tq04q5k

tq04q5k Member

News Credits:
    HI everyone, this is only the original model, the released test items intended to draw comments.
    We have begun to modify the head and wing carving. More importantly, I will add more detail.

I was afraid of the height of the product reach the planned,
    At the same time, I will try to improve the quality of products.

You can send e-mail comments to me:[email protected]

Look forward to your reply.

10. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow,same size as MP Starscream,it sure is big enough for this Jetfire.

11. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Everyone keeps saying the proportions are off... and they're not.

The torso's a bit much on width is all. Thin him out in the chest and gut, and everything fixes itself. Then everyone won't wait to throw their money at it.

Might want to throw a hinge there and lose the mecha-dong too.

12. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Overall I like it, but I find the torso rather thick and I actually don't like his face all that much. I don't know, I think I'll just stay with my kitbashed Cybertron Leader version, sorry.
    I am worried about them putting the molded symbol on though, that just seems like a bad idea with HasTak and all...

13. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Length to width ratio looks good, so do the limbs.

I think they needed to keep the chest panels that big, to accomodate space for hiding the arms in jetmode.

14. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

So it's something that could either work with a Classics or MP display (scale be damned).

15. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

sometimes sticking too close to 'show accurate g1' design isn't a good thing, body/limbs are way too bulky/boxy and wings too small to look flight capable, heck, even broadside has more convincing wings. i guess it's ok if it's a space-only vehicle, but then you don't even need wings in space.

16. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Defensive much are we?

17. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I brought up the bricky look as a negative. It should be relatively easy for people, who aren't searching for something in other people's opinions to complain about, to get something constructive out of this.
    Let me help you:
    If bricky is bad, then maybe less bricky is good?

I don't know, makes sense to me.

I could bring up the proportions, the chest/gut that is too large and protruding, or the eyes that look... kinda creepy, the head that seems too small, the alt mode that looks like a brick with insect wings, but I chose to keep it short and wish them the best. Enough people have brought up those issues already.
    But who knows? maybe the paint job will cancel out the weird looking proportions. Proper color applications can do wonders.

18. AUTOBOT215

AUTOBOT215 Well-Known Member

Thats a ridiculous statement! ITS G1, Skyfire is waaayyy Bigger than Optimus Pime for HEAVENS! Im impress because its perfect for the actual G1 Transformer FAN for once!!

19. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm confused... you said the proportions aren't off, and then listed the proportions that were off, and the fixes?

If you're meaning that it's not as big as everyone's making it out to be, then yea dude, I agree, but even outside of proportions, I'm hoping that something's done with that waist area just for the overall shape of the toy. It's like a classics styled head and limbs, all attached to a big block.

20. AUTOBOT215

AUTOBOT215 Well-Known Member

The classics Skyfire is to terribly small and that makes it absolutely difficult to really enjoy the figure. Most of you will complain about this figure and buy it anyway! Its amazing how its the same for the Not- Devy arguments too. Devastator and Skyfire MUST TOWER OVER their peers not be their height. I do believe the figure's head needs work required.