New Theory on Dinobots evolution.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tonyformer, Jun 15, 2014.

1. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Being this is a theory an not fact or an "I know this will happen" thread, I'm not going to call it a spoilers thread. This thread will be used as both my Dinobot (potential) origins thread and a (oh this could be another plot hole thread). So here goes.

1st. If these ships that come during prehistoric Earth happen to be The Fallens, it would tie up lose ends on just how early The Fallen and his followers came to Earth. Maybe he wanted to wipe Earth of all life so he would not be breaking the "prime directive". Which is that no planets with life nor their suns be harvested for Energon. So exterminate all life (explains how Dinos died out) then come back and set up the harvester and continue. So this may not be a Cyberforming but just a general total extermination. Only it looks like life still found a way to survive. Makes sense right? But that still does not explain the Dinobots being on Earth.

2nd. The Fallen would not try to cyberform Earth in prehistoric times to just come back later to kill our sun with the harvester and kill the planet anyway. That makes no sense, so if its The Fallen, my first explanation makes more sense. Now, if by chance those ships belong to liege Maximo and his Cybertronain faction (G2 Decepticons) it very well could be those ships are not only exterminating organic life on the planet but also Cyberforming the planet and its life. Maybe the Cyberforming of the planet did work but to an extent. Could be that the Cyberforming has taken hold but not on the surface? And while the extermination of the Dinos and other life did happen, what if the Cyberforming is what evolves the Dinos into Dinobots? If this happens, it could be a good way later to introduce other Cyberformed Earth creatures that may have also went through the process.

3rd. It could be a mixture of both and maybe both Liege Maximo and The Fallen had their own agenda for Earth and had no idea the other had plans for Earth lol.
    And it could still be that the Dinobots are truely from Cybertron and Guardions of "something" on Earth. Could also be that the Dinobots came to Earth to hide something they were tasked to take and hide. And someone tracked them to Earth and said fine if we can't find you down on the planet, we will exterminate the whole planet and kill everything to find you.

2. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    if they make any reference to ROTF's storyline I'll eat my hat.

3. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Lol. Like I said it would be a good way to tie up the lose ends with just how far back did The Fallen come to Earth for the first time but it would then still leave other questions like the Dinobots being there.

4. Dinobot Scorn

Dinobot Scorn Banned

I like the idea having The Fallen connected to the dinosaur extinction to use the sun harvester. It would add more to his character and the ancient primes origins. But, I'm certain The Fallen won't have anything to do with this.

Just imagine Lockdown is after Optimus for killing The Fallen, that would be kinda interesting knowing someone/something is out there that had connections with The Fallen.

5. Dillatron

Dillatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That would be interesting.

6. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why do I get the feeling that the 'Cyberforming' method used by Lockdown actually gives birth to the Dinobots... :L

Starting to feel like its becoming more of an option - maybe the Cyberforming is not perfected and creates the Wolves accidentally when used - maybe some animals survive and are mutated by the Cyberforming... I don't know

7. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Who said Lockdown cyberformed anything? Lockdown adapts new tech into himself as he goes along but that's different from Cyberforming. I don't thin lockdown has anything to do with any cyberforming (if there is any). Also if the Dinobots are somehow created by Cyberforming, it does not explain how Slug has a form of Autobot logo in his head.

8. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In the newest trailer the 'snail ships' (As I will now refer to them) are shown Cyber-forming part of a Dinosaur populated area - literally turning the ground into molten metal.

We have not seen detail on the film versions of the alternate modes - we have no confirmation they actually have any Autobot symbols on them in the film. The only film symbols they have are Cybertronian and we only see them in present day.

Their is also the possibility that the Dinobots were created via the method I explained and were captured by Lockdown as trophies - or were given the Autobot symbol later in the time span between their creation and present day.

Remember how they stated the opening scene would show the evolution of the Dinobots? Would'nt it make sense that a Cyberformed animal might not accurately represent the true Dinosaurs and mishaps such as a mutated two-headed flying beast could happen?

9. tonyformer

News Credits:
    I'm not disagreeing that the Dinobots "could be" a product of whoever "may" be Cyberforming Earth. But my point is, we don't have anything connecting lockdown and his ship to those ships. They may be something TOTALY different altogether. And its already been shown that Slug does have a form of Autobot logo on top of his head in the shot where we see Drift riding him down the street in Hong Kong. So the Dinobots (or at least) Slug does.

And if lockdown does somehow Chapture some of them, it would make no sense at all for slug to gain an Autobot logo while in captivity would it?

Now while I'm not disagreeing with you on the Cyberforming of earth as its one of my theories too as I explained in my opening post in this thread. We don't know that there is any Cyberforming going on there. You said it looks like liquid metal is shown? What if those things the ships are releasing are more or less bombs that dig into the earth to releass explosions and magma to to surface to burn and kill everything? Magma cooling would look like metal too.

10. tonyformer

News Credits:

Attached Files:

11. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

The Fallen wipes out the Dinosaurs but waits millions of years to built the Sun Harvester???

12. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    My guess is it is Unicron who sends soldiers to cyberform prehistoric earth and the soldiers maybe rebelled and decided to stay as dinobots. Unicron is trying to cyberform earth again so Optimus decides to recruit the dinobots.

13. jle1076

jle1076 Well-Known Member

There is no dinosaur in the cyber forming clip at all..

14. tonyformer

News Credits:
  15. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

This.

Maybe some one holds a grudge on the Dinobots, who where hiding on earth.
    And destroyed the planet to get rid of them.
    But instead of destroying them, they went into stasis, and was forgotten.
    Until Lockdown came to earth.
    For the twist the one or ones who sent Lockdown shows up to be the same that in the past wanted to get rid of the Dinobots

16. Dinobot Scorn

Dinobot Scorn Banned

Maybe The Fallen needed the other Primes to help build it and then use the matrix? Or, it took The Fallen millions of years to get here (dinosaur age) and to get back to Cybertron, and when he finally came back he didn't expect there would be new life (humans, tigers, etc) so he flipped out and decided to kill humans which leads to the other Primes stopping him? Also maybe the Dinobots were guardians for the primes and The Fallen brought some with him when he explored earth around the dinosaur years, and the Dinobots had to stay behind and guard earth to make sure there is no life, but they went into stasis.

Just a theory

17. tonyformer

News Credits:
    that could be too.

18. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

I may be wrong but the two sets of ships are not related Imo lockdowns ship is very aggressive looking and more of a one man army look to it. The fleet is more peaceful looking and not looking like they are designed for war like lockdowns....design aesthetic is always linked to plots in movies lol. I agree the fallen would tie up loose ends but i do think that scene is a cyberforming scene that maybe goes wrong for some reason and like was mentioned doesn't complete but does indeed engulf some life forms creating the dinobots....which if right explains nothing about how they get their spark.....

19. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Ok don't mean to spam up this page here but i just had an idea.......what if what we are seeing with those ships is not earth but a similar planet.........and also earth.......here me out and they were both cyberformed and we are witnessing not just the birth of the dinobots but the birth of cybertronian life

20. HMB3

HMB3 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking the Dinobots are meant to be some sort of defensive measure against the mystery threat's extinction agenda. Perhaps they can only be activated by a Prime, and that is the reason Lockdown has been sent to capture Optimus.... to keep him from awakening the Dinobots and preventing planetary extinction. Or perhaps the Dinobots were part of a task force established to fight off the invaders and for whatever reason, were abandoned on Earth. It's obvious from the trailers Grimlock has beef with Prime.... it may be lack of recognition or it could be past interactions with one of Prime's predecessors. It's fun to speculate.