New TFs Revealed at SDCC - Also 3rd Arcee Bike's name is Flareup!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by kwickstrike, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

Oh my word...Bludgeon...Mindwipe...Dirge...HA Barricade...HA Mudflap...Brawn...
    :bowdown: 
    They look WONDERFUL! Hasbro I want to have your babies. And good to see even MORE HA figures on the way. Dare I hope that this line could become the new Alternators (in a good way, not the hard to find, poor selling kind of way.)

2. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    I think the addition of human characters and more importantly fun will hopefully solve that problem. Being well known characters doesn't hurt either.

3. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
  4. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    :popcorn  bludgeon rocks!

5. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    right now my eye's have only 1% of life left after seeing that and so far i want:
    lockdown
    ironhide
    scattershot
    legends wheelie and soundwave.

and from animated just wingblade prime and rodimus minor.

6. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From someone like me who doesn't like the Bayformer aesthetics - it means a lot that almost ALL these designs look ACE! :)  Especially the Scouts - as the previous Movie's Real Gears, these too are excellent and look more like Classics/Universe toys.

My comments:

-Legends: Don't care for these (except for Springer and Devastator I ain't interested in any of them)

-Scouts:

-Breakdown: Pleasantly surprised, I expected him to look Bayformerish like the ROTF game Stunticons. The way he looks, with a humanoid head and mostly armored look, he will work excellent as a Universe Breakdown! Now if we could only have Motormaster... ;) 
    -Skystalker: Love the alt. mode, and the robot mode looks very innovative for a scout. Not even the one-eye bothers me. I think I'll call him Spy-Eye like that Gobot Blackbird.
    -Scattershot: I loved the Cybertron version, and this one's just as good. Head is a bit... weird but otherwise the whole thing looks great.

-Deluxes

-Ratchet: Don't care for Bayformer Ratchet's weird moustachio-head and origami-legs, this doesn't look anny better then the voyager. Not even the (invitably coming) red-white repaint will make me buy this.
    -Lockdown: I can't believe they made his face more human-like! His old face would have fitted the Bayformer Aesthetics better. I don't like him that much - but he's obviously mistransformed. Will wait for better pics.
    -Dirge: Great plane mode (reminds me of G2 Deftwing). Robot mode is... OK I guess. The conehead isn't that good as I expected - too many exposed panels. I will wait for closer shots. Since I have Henkei Dirge, won't need him for my Classics, but he might work as Classics Deftwing...
    -Brawn: Awesome alt mode and bulky robot mode - but that damn "horse hooves" feet ruins the whole thing for me. Head doesn't scream Brawn also. I will look into which G1/G2 character I could repaint this guy into (Roadbuster comes to mind, but the already released HotShot repaint is better).

Voyagers:

-Ironhide: Pass. I just got Offroad Ironhide, but only to repaint him into G2 Clench/Colossus. The mold will never be Ironhide for me. Accessories are neat (Rambo-like), though.
    -Bludgeon: LOVE HIM!!!! :D  I have been waiting since Classics appeared for a good Bludgeon toy, this fits the bill. Tank mode is sort of like G1 Brawl in the cartoon (a Tiger I. tank hommage, I think). Robot mode rocks, the hidden weapons are ACE. Only thing I don't like is the face - looks more like a samurai mask then an actual skull. But I ain't complaining, after all, he's Bludgeon.
    -Mindwipe: A really neat toy, even with chicken legs. I just don't see why he's Mindwipe - nothing reminds me of the G1 bat headmaster in this guy. He would have worked better as Soundwave's earth mode, IMHO. Or Skywarp. The daggers are nice. And it's nice G2/G1 Predator Skyquake hommage that you can attach the smaller Skystalker plane to it!

Human Alliance:

-Barricade/Frenzy: I was exteremly dissapointed in Deluxe Barricade in 2007 - bought him and sold him in a week. The rubber head, the lack of articulation, useless Frenzy accessory... I have been waiting for just THIS figure - because, due to his car-chest, Barricade (and Jazz) were probably the most G1-like Bots in the first movie. I love that they included the tire-mace weapon, wonder where the spikes go... Don't really care for Frenzy, but he's OK. Wonder if he has his pistols. Now hasbro - please DO SIDEWAYS WITH ALICE!
    Mudflap with Chromia and Simmons: KILL IT. Please. Mudflap's ugly, sad face is almost like the (Marvel comics) merged Ratchet-Megatron, only needs the "Help uz!" sign... Plus, I don't think the world is ready for a John Turturro action figure... It's a sign of the apocalypse.

Exclusives: Been there, seen them. Only interested in Hot Zone as my Classics Hot Spot. Oh and MP Skywarp. Time has shown I was right to wait with getting him, just as with Starscream. Hope we see TC too in a year or so.

Animated

THIS is what I have been waiting for, and I'm not disappointed!

-Soundwave/Ratbat: Instant buy, even if I hate repaints. Ratbat's lovely. I just hope they get rid of that weird hole in his forehead... must by prototype issue.

-Arcee: I have waited like, 23 years for this. Love the design, the swords are a nice nod to IDW's version (can't see the Animated's teacher-bot using them, though, but I guess it helps to sell a pink toy to boys)

-Rodimus MInor: Again, great toy. Great weapon too! Mistransformed, engine should be flipped out in car mode.

-Cybertronian Ratchet: Since I saw Transform and Roll Out, I wanted a cybertron mode Ratchet, and finally we have him! Apart from the different windscreen, perfect. Colors are ace too. Defibrillators are a neat touch!

-Ironhide: Major KUDOS to Eric for getting hasbro do a new head! That mohawk and the chin, they give him so much character. Hope they give him some other accessory then the defibrillators, though.

-Wasp: Even though I don't usually buy repaints, this one is a must. I'm already working with a friend on custom-3D made Starscream heads to print, will try to do Wasp too.

-Goldfire (NOT GOLFIRE! KNEW IT) Grimlock: Sorry, pass. Would have bought him if repainted into G2 colors, but this is... not great at all.

-Hydrodrive BB: Another instant buy. Not that Deluxe BB is bad, but this version is better in some aspects. Rare case when I have two versions of the same character...

-Blackout: LOVE the big guy! Don't see why the "boo!"s. The disk-launcher is a necessary evil, otherwise he'd have a huge backpack like his movie friend. Head is spot on animation model, copter mode is nice. Armed to the teeth - rockets on wings, at least 4 gatling guns... Awesome. I think the disklauncher is removable, I wonder if the shield with the dual gatlings is, too.

-Wingblade Prime: Awesome, now I have a reason to by the Deluxe Earth mold too (didn't like the battle damage on the first). Accessories are real neat (wonder how they'll fit for the voyager). Hammer lacks paint, though - hope that's fixed later.

Infos:

-Big "BOOO!" on no more Animated. They should do a few more characters for Universe later. Omega would be a HIT in stores, instead of the already shelfwarmer ROTF (Fisher Price) Devastator.

-Don't care for the Arcee sisters, but for those who bought the first two, this STINKS - really should have thought on this, Hasbro.

-Glad someone actually asked about the brutality of OP! Big turning off point for me in the movie (I was actually glad when Megs offed him.)

-No words on the Universe Ultra repaints... hope they come out this year, I want Powerglide, waited long for this paintjob (missed him on purpose).

7. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, so after seeing all of the pics I think I know which ones I will deffinitley get, although it probablt wont be till next year.

Movie:Lockdown, Dirge, Brawn and Jungle Ironhide

Animated:Arcee, Rodimus, Ironhide, Fugitive Wasp and Blackout

8. Fort Max

News Credits:
    I've gotta be honest, I wasn't blown away by Blackout last night from just the thumbnail pic, I liked it but it wa shard to see what was going on with the toy.
    Tformers have put up this nice large clear pic though and now I have no doubt, he is not only a must have he could be my favourite toy from the line when all's said and done. :bay 

Transformers Toys News and Reviews G1 to Movie - TFormers.com

9. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

I'm not the biggest fan of either the movie or animated toys but when I saw all these I was blown away. they look so cool. I might have to start buying into these lines now. awesome awesome toys

10. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, what a surprise! A lot of homage's to G1 in the movie line, I'm actually tempted to buy a lot fo these guys... Bludgeon looks epic, Lockdown and Ratchet are very well done, and the other Deluxes are very sweet looking so far!

Nice to see the rest of the Animated line on display as well... Wingblade Prime WILL be mine for certain, and the rest look fantastic!

11. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    HA Barricade and Mudflap, ROTF Bludgeon and Lockdown look...........

AMAZING!!!

Damn u Hasbro!!! I'm running outta room in my house and $$$$ for all of this amazing stuff that you keep coming out with.

12. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

OMFG.

Bludgeon, Mindwipe, Dirge, Brawn (pwnaging Brawn!), and... and...

*gets the paper bag out again*

I will have them all. All of them. You hear?

13. Grimlock_king

Grimlock_king Banned

I find it funny that my idea that I had was almost exact to hasbro's except mine is more thinner in the arm sections and it sadly doesn't transform into a trailer for him.

14. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    My wallet is in the corner, weaping..

15. Rodimus666

Rodimus666 Member

Bludgeon, Mindwipe, Wingstalker and Breakdown are friggin' awesome! They will be mine.

Dirge and Lockdown are maybes. I'm not entirely sold on them.

The rest are passes unless I win the lottery, or my wallet suddenly has money magically appear within it.

16. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd love to see WHERE exactly Hasbro confirmed that.

Loving ALL of this stuff.

17. Fort Max

News Credits:
    They were conspicuous in their absence.

18. Cloudraker

Cloudraker on auto-pilot

Thanks for the coverage though I find most of these underwhelming and dissapointing due largely to the movie aesthetic. Time to put my resources into other areas.

19. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

anyone get the feeling the 3rd bike isnt coming because they dont combine into an alt mode. Maybe it was supposed to turn into a some super weapon.

Either way no 3rd bike is a bit suspicious.

20. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

They aid they have no plans for Overload, so I'm assuming they have no plans for Scrapper and they most definitely have none for Hightower.