New TFs Revealed at SDCC - Also 3rd Arcee Bike's name is Flareup!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by kwickstrike, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Flarglenoogin

Flarglenoogin Arrgh me matey!

I think you can detach the back of the helicopter and use it as a weapon or leave it on. I don't know but that's what it looks like in the picture.

2. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

Holy crap! The new Ironhide looks so friggin sick! He's got 3 freakin guns! WITH A BAYONET!

3. Flarglenoogin

for Blackout, I mean

4. Flarglenoogin

He's so much better than the one that's out now! I like his crossbow, although it's not as cool as my crossbow.

5. Simsplayer9

Simsplayer9 Wowza!

Ratchet looks awesome! I might end up getting the deluxe one and keeping him in my story because I disliked the voyager (legs were totally off!). Barricade looks very cool, but it's a maybe for him. I already have the figures of the other Human Alliances but I'm happy with them. Blackout's tailarm looks like it has a feature because it looks like the fin on top can slide down or something........

6. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    It must be said, that was about the only thing missing, was hoping for a scrapper at the very least but ho hum, it could still happen. They never show absolutely everything.

7. bluecatcinema

bluecatcinema Member

Not bad. Lockdown being in the Movie line seems kinda out of place to me, and I'm a little disappointed that Blackout doesn't have his cybertronian alt mode, but otherwise, those are some pretty solid toys.

8. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wow all that movie stuff is pretty sweet.

animated blackout to me is a disappointment. whats with the lazy job of the rotor arm and those chicken legs? does not have that beefyness he should have.

9. tfan123

tfan123 Well-Known Member

Wait, wasn't Cybertron Animated Ratchet supposed to be an Activator

10. Luxor

Luxor Office Ninja

I like ratchet too

11. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Animated Blackout is TERRIBLE. I just don't understand the design. It's just UGLY.

Anyway, Wingblade OP is AWESOME, and so is Rodimus, but we already knew that.

The HA line is quite possibly the best thing that could have come from ROTF. The Twins are AMAZING, and Barricade just looks cool.

Bludgeon is cool, but Mindwipe is quite possibly my favorite movie figure that was revealed. He just oozes of awesomeness. :drool: 

So, I can say I have been the least bit dissappointed in this years presentation. Now I can't wait for Star Wars.

12. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

Cybertronian Ratchet and Animated Ironhide need hands. They look like they got amputated and deported to a stamping factory or something. :( 

13. Goatboy

Goatboy Well-Known Member

Good stuff. Looks like my meanwhile verse for the second movie is going to be a lot bigger than the first one.

14. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

*Sees Human Alliance Barricade*

OMG, I will absolutely not rest until I have that Human Alliance Barricade in my collection!

15. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So HA Mudflap has a biker chick that has Arcee's transformation but the one that comes with HA Skids has Chromia's transformation but is painted pink? God, even Hasbro are confused by the bikes!

Speaking of which, when are we going to see the purple one's toy?! I really hope she isn't just a straight repaint given that in the movie she has a wheel hand/sheild unlike the other two...

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Let's see here...

-Bludgeon- This guy looks extremely awesome. Both tank and bot-mode are awesome. There is absolutely no question as to who it is. He's a movie toy, but he'll definitley be joining my Classics Decepticons. I'd love to see what they could do with a repaint of the mold, but I have absolutley no idea who they could turn him into. Warpath and Yoketron are really the only two that come to mind, and even then the head would need to be replaced for either one to make sense. Definite, on-the-spot, buy.

-Brakedown- He actually looks really cool. Actually almost looks like a Deluxe class figure. He also looks somewhat similar to Barricade, imo. I'm completely sure I'll get him, but theres a good chance.

-Skystalker- This guy looks really cool too. Bot-mode is slightly odd at first, but the more I look at it, the better it looks. The alt-mode looks kinda like a mini B-2 bomber, imo. I'll most likely be getting this guy.

-Scattorshot- This guy ain't too bad looking. A bit odd, but not too bad. Not sure I'll get him. I'll wait to see more pictures of him. Anybody else getting an Animated Sentinel Prime vibe from his alt-mode?

-Ratchet- For what I was expecting, this guy isn't all that bad afterall. Not sure I'll replace my Voyager Ratchet with him (if I do, VR will be redone as Bulkhead, or someone similar), or if I'll just wait for the inevitable repaint/retool as Rollbar. Either way, I'll probably end up owning the mold.

-Lockdown- This guy looks really good. Kind of odd at first, but like Skystalker, he looks better the more I look at him. This is most likely an instant-buy for me.

-Dirge- This guy's kinda odd, but I like him. The alt-mode is a little cartoonish, but the bot-mode makes up for it. I'll most likely get this guy, along with Thrust, and hopefully a Deluxe Rampage at some point (though I may end up kitbashing that myself).

-Brawn- This is a nice little surprise, and he looks awesome to boot. I'll most likely be getting this guy. He looks too cool to pass up. Not sure why, but I'm getting a Rhinox vibe from his bot-mode. Something about his proportions remind me of Rhinox. It'll be interesting to see what repaints this mold gets.

-JA Ironhide- Wow...just wow. This guy sounded awesome from the start, but he's even greater once seen. Not sure what I'll name him when I get him, but he's definitely getting a spot in my collection. Trailbreaker or X-Brawn seem to fit, imo. This way I can keep my current Ironhide, and also be able to have this awesome guy on the same shelf. As awesome as this guy is, there are two things that would make him perfect. A red paintjob, and his arm-cannons.

-Mindwipe- Like Brawn, this guy is a really nice surprise. I'll own this mold one way or another, if not more than one copy. With the right head replacment, and added purple paint apps, this guy would make a great RotF Skywarp. It's really nice to see the F-117 Nighthawk get a decent Movie mold. I like how his head and overal bot-mode have the look of a bat. Acts as a nice homage to the original, but without forcing in a bat-mode.

-HA Barricade w/Frenzy- This guy actually looks pretty cool, Though I'm going to wait for more/better pictures before making a final decision. Something about the angle seems off in this picture. Though I do have a feeling that I'll get him when he comes out.

-HA Mudflap w/Chromia/w Simmons- This is by far the best surprise of all. This set will definitely be mine, along with the Skids set. Even as a gray prototype, Mudflap looks full of win. I can't wait to see what they look like once painted. On a side note, anybody else find it hilarious that Arcee and Chromia are sort of switched? Arcee has her proper colors, but has Chromias bot-mode, while Chromia has Arcee's bot-mode, and most likley will have her proper colors. I may end up painting Arcee into Chromia's colors, and then painting Chromia into Arcee's colors. No matter what, this set is mine.

-Arcee, Rodimus, Ratchet, GFGrimlock, & HD Bumblebee- All three of these figures look great. Lumping them together as there really isn't much else to say about them till they get released.

-Ironhide- I really like the new head sculpt on this guy. It'll be nice to see what he looks like all painted up. It'll be interesting to see what name they give the defibulators.

-F Waspinator- it's nice to finally see this figure. I'll definitely be getting him. It's nice to finally know what faction symbol he has. This way I won't need to get an extra faction symbol to put on him. He'll fit in with the rest of my Animated Decepticons as-is :D 

-Blackout- Wow, just pure epic win here. Ok, he's not perfect, but he's better than expected. Especially with a copter alt-mode. The disk-launching gimmick being built into the arm like that doesn't bother me. At the very least he still has one other hand. He also has at least four machine guns on him, if not more. This guy is definitely an instant-buy for me. I might even buy a second one to kitbash :D 

-WB Prime- Another great figure here. I already have the Deluxe Cybertronian Prime figure, but I'll definitely be getting this guy too. I'm curious to see what his bot-mode looks like without the added armor and stuff. It'll mostly be just like the 2-pack Pirme, but without the battle damage, but I'm curious to see how the additional connectors affect it, if they affect it at all. The hammer looks really good. Not as detailed as I was hoping, but definitely good enough to buy. It'll be interesting to see how the package him.

Loooongest post I've written in a while, lol.

17. DECEPTIKONBRAWL

DECEPTIKONBRAWL Autocepticon

Woah!!!! Deluxe ratchet looks sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the ha mudflap!!!!!!!!!! These are all epic wins!!!!!!!!!!

18. Roook

Roook Well-Known Member

gah I must own that Mindwipe figure. Awesome

19. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I was really, really, REALLY hoping that we'd eventually see some sort of Deluxe repaint of Brawn that could fit into Universe the same way the repaint of Hoist does... but this certainly is not what I had in mind. I'm not closing the book on it until I see better pics, but so far I'm definitely not excited.

Animated Blackout is a massive letdown. It honestly looks like someone was told to base the model off the Movie version and make it work in this line - and this POS is the best they could come up with. That disc hand thing is beyond awful.

Animated Wasp will be a buy ONLY if one of these custom companies like TF Toys, iGear, etc. make a proper Wasp head sculpt that we can swap out.

Pretty much sold on the rest of the new Animated stuff, especially Ironhide, Thundercracker, Rodimus, Arcee and maybe even that HD Bumblebee. No interest in Cyb Ratchet or the repaints of Grimlock & Soundwave.

Movie stuff = meh as usual. If I ever cared about Bludgeon I'd probably share some of the excitement, but that character never did anything for me. Looks like he could fit in reasonably well with the Universe line, but he'll subsequently make the sizes of figs like Galvatron look even more ridiculous by comparison... which is pretty bad.

20. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dead on is a stretch. I need to see more robot pics before deciding.

Tend to agree. They really killed off what made him so cool in the cartoon. And besides that, how the hell does he even stand straight?

I really wanted this guy, but now I don't know.