New TFCToys - Project Uranos Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by aniline, May 16, 2012.

1. ss4steve

ss4steve Rogue Phase Sixer

Uranos is, imo, one of the best offerings TFC put out there. So many collectors/Fans decried such bitter hatred for this toy over it not being g1 enough, not realistic enough in alt mode, or, god help me on this one, Silverbolt was a robot with a plane on his back and not a real transformer....

Enough time has gone by and now ......now we have the Hasbro combiner Wars lineup........my god... those toys fail so miserably in comparison it is embarrassing. Whats worse, the issues people complained about are literally magnified significantly in the Hasbro toys.

Oh well. Uranos is still the best Superion on the block! I am glad I own him :) 

2. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

I think I pretty much stated the same sentiments in my vid...anyway, there is really no comparison...[​IMG]

3. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Agreed and agreed. Not-Silverbolt is the only "let down" out of the whole group - ironically he's the one that costs the most as well.

After noticing no other 3P's were coming out with a Superion and after seeing Hasbro's ... Attempt ... Yeaaaaah ... This guy all the way. And he looks fantastic with some reprolabels applied and other small upgrades.

4. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And now for the rebuttal:

Uranos is pretty decent, but suffers greatly from it's central figure. All of the limb bots are amazing, and some of the best jet transformers i've ever seen. But Silverbolt sucks, no two ways about it.

I'm not even talking about him being a robot with a plane on his back. The problem is that nothing pegs in properly with him. All of his back wings and kibble flop around, and those parts that are supposed to peg in to each other unlock with the slightest touch. If it weren't for the Wings of Uranos set, the gestalt wouldn't be able to move its arms without unpegging.

This set could have been near perfection if they had just done a bit more work with Silverbolt.

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I still don't regret owning him and Hasbro's version looks... mediocre at best. But Uranos still isn't amazing to me. Yeah I like him but I'm still looking at MMC and Make Toys and longing...

6. tempy

tempy Well-Known Member

CybertronianFan wow thank you so much. The F-15 looks amazing with those labels on him.
    So does Blackbird as Silverbolt being my favourite TF.

I think you have convinced me to buy the full set!! It really does make him look a lot better and the thing with these labels, you dont have to put everything on. Just pick what you like.

Thanks again CybertronianFan that really did help me! :) 

7. Dashdragon

Dashdragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just wish Repro had discounted 'basic' label set versions as generally they end up being too busy. I know you can leave off whatever you don't want to use and they aren't really all that pricey, but it still feels like a waste to buy a whole sheet if you only want maybe 4 of the stickers out of like 20.

But yea, Uranos is currently sitting on my new display setup with the CW figures individually standing around at his feet. I had them combined as well initially, but eh...just didn't feel right, especially with Dragstrip mixed in.

And Monari, I wouldn't consider that really a rebuttal as I don't think many of us would disagree that Blackbird is the weak link of the set. Just that, as far as weak links go, it still turns out to be a pretty great combiner.

8. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:

This is more in line with my opinion as well. Also there is something about the CW Silverbolt, I know he's not a perfect toy, but I love it. It's really weird. There are obvious flaws, but I think it's one of the best figures to come out in years. Same thing with all the limbs. Again I can't tell you why, maybe it's the ease of transformation or just the style. As far as Uranos, I like all the limbs a lot, wish the heads were different and Phantom Ray for me literally had the metal pins in the legs falling out. I think the set is "ok" until you add the WOU set to him which elevates the overall team. Silverbolt, yeah mine was a mess. Had to do the leg ratchet fix and even then I can never get him into a pose I am happy with. Bunch of stuff doesn't peg together very well in torso mode. Was disappointed with him when I got him and really haven't warmed over time.

9. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Also no comparison on the price...one costs less than $100 while the other costs about $500. Clearly TFC's is better, but is it THAT much better? If I were doing it all over today, I'd just go with the Takara one for around $125. Anyone wanna buy Uranos with 'wings' set for $400?

10. Honesty

News Credits:
    Actually brand new sets can be found for $450.00 or under meow.

And in my opinion, yes, is much better/superior. Especially with optional upgrade kits.

Taller. Better hands and feet. Non-lol worthy looking thighs. Canopies that open. Little Missiles that can detach and aren't one bland color of plastic.

Hasbro's attempt I would possibly consider getting for my 3 year old daughter (honestly, no offense intended!) but it does not belong in my personal collection.

11. jspags15

jspags15 Well-Known Member

Uranos is a planned future buy for me, I wish there was a better Menasor to go with him. I have 3 of the CW figures, they are good individually but combined the waist and thighs are very thin. It would have been nice for PE to add in some parts for that as well. And the hand/foot piece is just plain stupid and a waste of engineering.

12. Honesty

News Credits:
    Good man. If you already haven't, take a look at a few pictures in this thread ... Let the power of Uranos consume you!! :D ! Lol

There is an amazing looking not-Menasor. It's just too bad he's midget scaled/FP-MT scaled. I don't collect tiny bots of that size unfortunately. Everything in my Chug/IDW case scales very well with Orion.

13. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Including the Wings set? And shipped?

14. TheGrognard

TheGrognard Well-Known Member

FP-MT scale is exactly Hasbro scale. Like Hasbro Superion is exactly the height of GG/M3/Quantron.

Meanwhile, people constantly complain that the arms of Superion/Ultra Prime are way too long.

Meanwhile, people complain the the FP/MT arm bots are too small.

People are never happy with anything.

15. Honesty

News Credits:
    Not with wings, and not shipped of course. But again this goes with something we were talking about a few pages back when someone else mentioned wanting to sell his set. For a few dollars more (and without WoU) you can have the peace of mind of getting from BBTS and getting replacements if anything were to go wrong.

What happens if a seller on here (can happen to anyone!) has a few hairline fractures that they may have missed/not seen. Or some pretty decent stress marks in places? What happens if something breaks off pretty easily that the seller didn't notice (like the hairline fractures I mentioned above)?

The only way I would ever buy an expensive set of anything off a fellow board member would be something under a 100 dollars or so. I would never, and no offense meant, buy a 300+ from someone on here. Maybe though, if it was through eBay or something and and dispute could be used if anything were to go hairy.

I'm plenty happy with my collection. No complaints here. I don't collect the small MT/FP scaled bots, or Hasbro's combiner stuff; so I'm good to go.

16. chip1123

chip1123 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I bought Echo's Uranos upgrades on Shapeways today. Looking forward to getting them and making Uranos an even better figure. Just hate that it'll take a week or two to have them made and shipped, lol.

17. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Including Wings set? Yes.

Shipping included? No

Where?
    Toyer City - Uranos + WoU set

18. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

And shipping is $60...so like I said, about $500. It's not an all-out insult. I bought the thing.

19. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just saw the "Wings of Uranos" Add On set while surfing the 'net, are the pegs close to Hasbro's 5mm?

If they are, my Combiner Wars Superion might get some firepower.

20. Honesty

News Credits:
    I am not sure. Best bet would be to check the comparison thread and find the pictures of people comparing Uranos to Hasbro's version - that way you know the person posting the pictures have both - they can probably check for you :)