New TF5 listings in toys r us computer, including multiple masterpieces AND planet cybertron!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Prime135, Jan 11, 2017.

1. clydegoobler

clydegoobler Autobot

News Credits:
    I'm a little concerned about the lack of leader class in all of this news that is breaking. I'll be pretty disappointed if we don't get a leader class TLK Megatron.

And I know I'm in the minority, but I hope the MP Prime is the knight design. We have so many great figures already with the design from the first 3 movies.

2. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land" TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    When I found those listings last night, Titans return deluxes were listed at $19.99 farther down the page

Those are also legion two packs at $15.99

3. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Maybe it's like this fan video?

• Like Like x 2
  4. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    Oh lol

5. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Optimal Opthanos

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm talking about US prices too. Specifically the prices at the few TRU's I'm able to get to on a regular basis here in Minnesota. Unless they cut their prices in the last few weeks since I was last able to go.

So maybe Minnesota TRU's just suck.

6. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Optimal Opthanos

News Credits:
    That leg transformation would snap into bits the moment you put any pressure on the tabs holding truck mode together.

Considering you could still find leader figures on the shelves two years later in some stores it's probably wise of them *not* to release more. Having two (and only two) murdered that price point dead for most of the year. I'd rather if they stick with what's been mostly working this year and fill it with non-movie characters.

7. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

All except mp10. Will be interesting to see how it gets repainted

8. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto pull Me under

News Credits:
    I got mine the other day

• Like Like x 2
  9. netkid

News Credits:
    It's fan made dude. It's not gonna be perfect but it might be close to the actual transformation.

10. w1n1fred

w1n1fred Banned

News Credits:
    You got proof of that MSRP?

Because the MSRP is 19.99 and upwards on toysrus.com:

Toys"R"Us/Babies"R"Us

Regardless of what your TRU sells it, the MSRP of these listed deluxes is $19.99 and that has been the MSRP for the past 2 years. There is no price increase.

And those legions are 2 packs.

11. w1n1fred

w1n1fred Banned

News Credits:
    You'll let me know if I am wrong, but it seems US stores are still very aprehnsive about stocking and odering leaders even in the Generations line. I never find any i the storesI visit and i think its because everyone still has that bad AOE taste in their mouth.

12. netkid

News Credits:
    More like everyone still has AOE on their shelves. I can still walk into a store and find $40 leader glint'lock warming the shelves behind Skywarps. Especially at Targets.

I think their weirdly applied Henkei-esk chrome jobs did more to turn customers away than attract them like kiwis to a bottle cap.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  13. Lord Black Cat

Lord Black Cat Combat Hero Shadow

I'm not sure why but I'm most excited to see what exactly Cybertron is. I'm not expecting a new Titan mold (but oh man that would be amazing) and figure it'll probably be a Primus repaint. If it's different enough, I might bite on that. I might also be tempted if it winds up being a giant base for legion sized transformers.

14. netkid

News Credits:
    Total pulled-out-of-my-ass guessing:

Cybertron may be like the DOTM ark playset except it may also have a robot mode. So planet -> play environment -> robot. And it'll probably come with a legion class just so kids have something to play with the planet.

It'd be neat if the legions have that little metal pin again in their feet and there are magnetic gimmick activators all over the cybertron toy so when you play with it in environment mode, the figure activate stuff around the planet when placed over the magnetic triggers.

^nothing I said is factual. Just all wild guesses.

• Like Like x 1
  15. AndroidAnchovy

AndroidAnchovy "The" Big Cantuna

So, I'm going to bet 100% of my life blood that the video above is exactly what this Voyager OP figure will transform like. It makes far too much sense and the parts are exactly the same, even if the motions might not be final. I am certain.

It does look to resemble Galvatron in some ways. I really enjoy this "designs based on previous engineering" thing. It gives me hope for the other characters that perhaps got totally shafted last time. Crosshairs, Drift's triple-changing ability, and ESPECIALLY Lockdown, though I suspect it would probably be a new character this time around, for obvious reasons!

Megatron is already shrouded in mystery for me. He either IS that three headed dragon we saw, which would be hella rad, and totally would sate my BW Transmetal craving, OR he is some sort of weapon. I dunno. Either way, we're getting a dragon transformer or it wouldn't be so prominent in the first trailer.

16. netkid

News Credits:
    I don't have any faith that lockdown will get a better toy. He is the airachnid of AOE. Lacks obvious features and has untapped potential.

A good lockdown would have a better transformation, a flip out hook, flip out head cannon, flip out shoulder cannons, and battle mask. Basically it'll be the Battle Blades Bumblebees of lockdowns.

17. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    I swear some of you here hang out in the movie sub-forum. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Idk if it can be, but, maybe saturn it's megatron and optimus it's more priced because he comes with the TRAILER.

19. IamaMeatRabbit

IamaMeatRabbit Well-Known Member

Shit, I just realized that this was at Toys R Us and not everywhere. Gosh, I f-ed that one up lol. I never shop at Toys R Us anyway, so I'm just being an idiot.

20. Ceric Neesh

Ceric Neesh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it weren't for the fact that it's also a Wave 3 Deluxe, I'd guess that Saturn was Jazz, since the Movie Masterpiece Bumblebee is his TF1 design and I'd bet Optimus is going to be the same. Jazz would make sense, being Bumblebee-sized, Ironhide and Ratchet, if made, will likely come in at a $89.99 price point (though Ratchet *might* be able to hit $79.99). Given that he's a TF5 figure as well as a MMP figure, hitting the same rough price point as Bumblebee, I'd guess Crosshairs. Fan-favorite design that wasn't really done justice in its Deluxe price point on a character returning in TF5. Feels like it'd be pretty risky to do a MMP of a new character, or even Drift, given that he's changing color schemes drastically between 4 and 5.