New TF Animated clip

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Da_Razorsaw, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You're not looking in the right place. It's there.

Oddly, it's not as directly connected to the "I don't like it, so therefore it's trash/lazy/poor/gay/Playskool/neon/terrorism/anime/stupid/lumpy/wierd" arguments as one might expect.

2. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    And most posts come from posters who come and go.:rolleyes2 

3. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

:lolol 

Its the circle of transformers-online-fandom-life!!1!

teehee

4. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    *sigh* So funny... This time, last year, photos of the movie characters were trickling online, and people were whining... nay... screaming... about their childhoods being molested for a lack of faithfulness to the "core" of Transformers... Sure, all the characters had nods to their original designs (those that were based on previous bots) but did that please the fans? Nope. Then the movie comes out, and the same people who previously whined ignore the crappy plot and paper-thin story and sing praises to Bay and Co for the best thing since cybertronian sliced bread (I still hate the movie, less coz of the aluminum foil designs, but because of the worse storyline since "Mario Bros the Movie").

Enter this cartoon... This cartoon has more nods to the classic 80's than all the previous cartoons and movie combined, yet people (again) are whining. What will it take to pacify you from the start? Is there some fanboy genetic programming to whine about everything first (to show your "true fandom") but then the second the show/movie comes out, you bow before it and collect everything with the TF logo on it?

C'mon... get it out of your system. Admit it, everyone, that the second the show is on, you'll be quoting it at all your relatives, you'll camp out at Wal-Mart waiting for them to open the latest shipments, and probably 1/2 of you will buy the undies too.

The cartoon looks good, will appeal to the PROPER AUDIENCE (children 4 to 8 - the ones playing with toys and not obsessed with game systems). Hasbro, contrary to what the fanboys think, is not in existance to please the 30 year old living in his mother's basement. They want to hook the $ of the parents of children. The G1 cartoon doesn't identify with today's kids. The action is too slow, the stories too boring. This cartoon looks to be in line with what today's kids watch (such as the new Batman, Superman, and Teen Titans cartoons). Vibrant pastel colors, sleek curves, and an anime quality are the "in" thing. It has enough nods to G1 so that when the kids tell Daddy to pick up Prime at Wal-Mart, he can go to the store, and recognize Prime by sight. It blends the generations of TF fans better than the previous cartoon attempts.

It's 3:30am, and I noticed I'm rambling... but I hope some of this makes sense to those who think Hasbro is "abandoning them" or "offending" them, etc

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Well said, Webz.

6. CapnScumbone

CapnScumbone Ruiner of mirth

I can't see how this wouldn't be a VAST improvement over Armada/Energon/Cybertron. No crude English overdubs, with the VAs spastically inserting dialog to keep up with Japanese-speed mouth movements. If the animators can maintain enough discipline to avoid cartoony anime spit-takes, (Characters getting humongous heads when they yell or other such stupid crap) this'll be highly watchable. And who doesn't like the idea of a rookie Prime getting his bearings?
    I'm cautiously optimistic. If that makes me a bad TF fan, so be it. After all, look how the movie turned out.

7. zeale99

zeale99 Active Member

Um..Surely thats the sign of a good voice artist. You know when you can't spot similarites
    between characters.

The show looks nice. Loved Prowls 'Not this speech again!'

8. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hear, hear.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron G1 doesn't sound like Scooby Doo either. Nothin' but love for this show. And let's not forget, it's starting with a short movie (hopefully more than just episodes strung together like previously)

10. Nightslyr

Nightslyr Active Member

Scourge says: "Facial hair is the right of all sentient beings."

[​IMG]

After seeing this clip, my curiosity is definitely piqued. Here are my impressions:

I'm not a fan of Bulkhead at all. Looks like a green version of Crunch of The Mighty Orbots to me:

[​IMG]

Prime is interesting. I don't mind that he has a mouth. His waist is a bit too skinny, though, and his Cybertronian vehicle mode leaves much to be desired.

The others all look good. In particular, Prowl, in my eyes, works even though the proportions are all wrong (that chin!). He seems one half ninja, one half skeleton, which is a combination I can enjoy.

The action scene was interesting. Like others, I definitely got a Batman vibe from it. I don't mind, but YMMV.

I liked all of the G1 nods. The transformation noise, the Matrix, Prime's axe -- remember the first episode of G1 with Prime, wielding an energy axe, vs. Megatron, wielding an energy morningstar? That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw this clip.

While I'm still not sure if I like this show's style in an overall sense, I do think that it's a refreshing change of pace from all of those warmed-over anime versions we've been subjected to over the last few years. Specifically, I'm thankful that it's not another CG/traditional anime hybrid abomination.

Above all else, this iteration of the Transformers has potential. The Prowl/Bulkhead interaction, in particular, gives me hope that these characters will have something of a personality.

Are there any links to other Animated images/clips that I should know about? Like I said above, my curiosity is piqued.

11. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Do you think Prime will do the "I'm a lumberjack" Monty Python skit?

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    He better.

13. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Your opinion is valid, and you have a right to it, but are you crazy!?

The whole point of comic books and cartoons are the art. If the story is good, but you don't care about the artwork, it might as well just be a novel, or book on tape/CD. The whole point in watching it, is for what it looks like.

I won't touch a comic or watch a cartoon if I can't stand the art/animation. There's just no point.

Good story is important, and helps more than people realize, but if you can't stand to look at it, what's the point in wasting your time!?

14. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Ah, it doesnt look that bad. I like the fact that Prime is not the brave leader we all know. But where did he get the axe? XD Thats a nice G1 reference, if it is a reference.^^
    too bad the clip end before the Decepticons show up.
    BTW: whats the deal with the thing they found? and the gate? Sorry but my speakers are not working today.

15. xviolent_philx

xviolent_philx Batman

i think i heard block head say "the all spark-..." and something else after that. either it's a reference to the movie, or the thing they found was the all spark. but it looked like the matrix, except the thing in the middle was a cube, not a sphere.

maybe a hint to the sequel of the movie? maybe they'll use the rest of the allspark to create the matrix.

16. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't wait. According to David Kaye, it's being done in a "roundtable" like Beast Wars and G1, so the acting should be great. As for the story, it's going to be individual episodes, but a recurring plot that runs the entire season. LIKE BEAST WARS. I can definitely look past the weird designs for BW quality stories and acting!

17. TENIME_art

Ebay:
    No, you're not wrong. JL & Titans ended before the show got stupid and stale. Unlike other cartoons...*cough*Simpsons*cough*

I think it's funny he spelled "******ed" with two "T"s, instead of two "D"s... :lolol 

:lolol 

It's true, though...

Those statements are made, just not about Prime's lips...

Brilliance.

He shouldn't. Frank Welker was Megatron. Don Messick (G1 Ratchet) was Scooby Doo.

18. TENIME_art

Ebay:
    (double post)

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You think Rocky and Bullwinkle (and all the other Jay Ward stuff) gained such a following because they looked good? :) 

This has been another installment of "my opinion must equal fact" theatre.

20. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought I posted in this already. :lol 

The interplay between characters in that (at least from what I could hear) sounds quite promising. Personally don't mind the use of the G1 sound, as well...I like it. :D 

Looking good, but the clip certainly wasn't something to judge the series on as far as I'm concerned. No action, and it was taped in the middle of a crowded convention floor with people standing in front of the camera at times. Going to wait and see the actual show (on my computer since I'm Canadian).