New TF Animated clip

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Da_Razorsaw, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    I am also really dissapointed with these new series, these looks too "superdeformed" I know that kids will love this series but it does not get my love in anyway.

I like Teen Titans, but these robots does not look like robots! I can't believe how people who complain about the movie designs now say BRAVO to this.

After looking at the first figures I like them even less.

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I hope the cartoon comes out soon. I wonder if cartoon network will bump it up with the success of the movie. For all the people complaining about the designs, I'm more conserned about the plot. I don't care if it looks as good as the movie, if the plot and voice acting is like previous series, it wouldn't be worth watching. A good story and good voice acting can make up for less than stellar animation. This series appears to have potential.

3. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Looks very good to me.

Ratchet seems to be G1 Ironhide with medical skills.

4. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still think they look stupid... but it looks SO much better in motion....

Okay... I'll bite. I'll take a lok at this.

5. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    You seriously have to be kidding. Style is one thing, but the actual animation here blows away G1 (and Armada through Cybertron for that matter).

6. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

The dude in the hat must die. And everyone in the room talking.

Otherwise, awesome!

The battle scenes might not be the best, but at least it look more real.

...At times.

7. TheLastAutobot

TheLastAutobot the guy behind the shades

Ebay:
    I completely agree. I do have a felling that the story will be much better than the past 3 series and closer to BW or BM. (Cross our fingers)

But the toys look great and the fact that we get the transformation sound is so Fucking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    Well, I wasn't sure the real thing would stand up to the preview I saw yesterday, but this is GREAT! The G1 sound, Cybertronian bodies, and at long last a Prime that is not stiff or who acts like, pardon the pun, a ROBOT! This Prime seems like the first since Primal to be a little rough around the edges. I guess kind of like the original Optimus was just after he got the Matrix and had to lead a new army. Reminds me some of Big Convoy, the way that his troops don't quite respect him. Prowl reminds me of Corada in that regard. But yeah, TFA looks fantastic so far. Bring on more clips!!

9. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Looks awesome. Not feeling Prime's voice too much but its servicable.

10. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If the look was something new and not sommething recycled over and over, I would liek it more. I hope the story is good.

11. StefanXPrime

StefanXPrime Hater of all things G1

i hope this ends up like Teen Titans and gets cancelled because that has to be the most retarted thing I've ever seen. No Transformers shows have been good since beast wars and Beast machines IMO. This is just the tip of the crap cake. Bumblee bee's voice was ass. But hey this is geared for kids and even my 11 year old brother laughed his ass of when he saw it.

12. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:

Funny you mentioned this twice.

Teen Titans was canceled at the creator's request. It had no more stories to tell, and the team wanted to work on something new. (They moved onto Legion, and other shows, and eventually some to this.) Also DC wanted to use Robin in the batman, and it would have been confusing (in their eyes at least, never made sense to me) for viewers if he was in both.

DCAU does not include Titans, so the Bruce Timiverse had no worries of ever being 'cartoony'. The update they were planning is what you see in the batman, a retelling with somewhat new characters, and designs. While still maintaining the essence of the characters. The Batman GA does look extremely a lot like the JLU one, and the batman has no SD characters, it also has again some rather adult oriented stories.

JLU was done after it's run, same reasons. No more stories to tell in this universe, not to mention likenesses needed to go to new toons anyway (the batman will be doing a JL spread that needed free licenses for, and people who know of the bat embargo understand this). Neither had this alleged crappy ratings you speak of. Both were some of the highest CN ratings they've had. So again how did Titans get 5 seasons, if it was such 'ass', or Justice league the combined 5 or 6 it had? Oh that's right, because you're either being ironic, or don't know what you're talking about. No transformers series has had 5 consecutive seasons without changes and keeping continuity so well. So hands down, your examples proves they are going in the right direction for this show. If they can pull anywhere near as much of the weight of story telling either had, we are in for a treat.

If I'm wrong, please by all means provide me with links that aren't postes that have proof to otherwise. It being not your taste does not equal crap or half assed or not well done. By all means, you can dislike this show, anyone can, but please people, let's give GOOD reasons, and not stuff pulled from people's asses that's not even true.

While I will concur that beast wars was good, but beast machines with skir's "I am transformed" *shudders* Well, lets just say I'm glad the movie wasn't transmorphers ^^;; Organics is not an excuse to be lazy and just give us flashy images. Transmetal II's were organic and didn't 'morph in a ball of light'. While I could tolerate it if it was used as a small aspect, this was in EVERY episode. At least animated has a nice a mesh of varied types of transformations so far.

13. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

No, I'm not kidding. In terms of hand drawn animation, this looks sloppy, when compared to *some* of the stuff from G1. Call of Primitives had some fantastic animation that was hand drawn. Some of the scenes from the intro to season 3 (particularly the Head and Target masters bits) look far superior to this. Yeah, the vehicles look cool, but the robots don't really look like robots. Just JLU characters in suits. It works great for humans. I liked JLU, but Teen Titans was just american cartoonists trying imitate a Japanese style that has been around for decades, and a pretty bad job at it. If they resort to that crud with this show, it'll be a shame.

The animation in Armada was trash, but I have to say, the although the shows themselves were silly, the CGI in Energon and Armada was actually pretty well done, but that was CGI, and I really don't think you can compare that hand drawn animation.

To me, this style seems like a step backwards.

However, none of that matters, because if the stories are good and the kids love it (obviously who this show is aiming for) then who cares?

14. StefanXPrime

I never said that teen titans sucked, it got cancelled ok. I didn't say it got cancelled because it sucked I said it got cancelled because it got cancelled. They don't even show re-runs for the show anymore. Every saturday night i can see a re-run of Dragon ball Z and that show is old as hell. But not of teen titans a show that you say was one of the best shows they had?

15. Deadend

News Credits:
    At least you said season 3 episodes, can't argue there. Although IMHO this is on par if not better, but at least you quoted the good G1 episodes lol. (animation wise, story is often very debatable.)

16. Deadend

News Credits:
    Two words.

Bat Embargo.

Robin on the batman, means titans had to be pulled.
    They haven't done reruns since, barring the initial trouble in tokyo movie. And possibly Judas Contract coming up.

The real question should be, why is it Ben 10 instead of Dial H for Hero. CN decision for self created characters over license issues like above. Similiar to Hasbro movie figs, and paramount. How they can do whatever they please color wise, but can't swap heads as has been stated before.

Did you know original JL had Robin and Impulse planned to be included? But they thought it would become too confusing with titans. Instead they eventually cameoed Speedy instead. Then JLU and Titans ends, as the batman gets robin, and cw gets legion with superman. Didn't you ever wonder where Joker was in JLU? Especially that third season with all the villians? The licensing world in comic books is hell, is all I'll say.

At worst, my fear right now is more, CN will love the ratings boom, but can the show for a self made 'gobots'-esque toon that they can claim full rights on, or buy cheaper to use.

But considering they have a hefty hand involved, I hope that won't happen.

17. StefanXPrime

See I didn't know about all the licensing and what not between the batman and teen titans. But for the sake of being on topic even my brother an avid CN watcher said he would watch the first episode of the new show and never watch the other episodes. He said this and I qoute " The transformer shows all suck anyway, they should stop making cartoons and just make toys because whoever comes up with shows like this is stupid" out of his mouth not mine.

18. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

Your brother sounds like a 3 year old that doesn't know dick about quite anything anyway...so why are you following his lead?

19. Cy-Kill

Cy-Kill Slackers unite...tomorrow

Personally, I'm REALLY looking forward to this. I very much enjoyed the G1 nods, and the fact that they can do a transforming sequence without the character flying through the air or have to scream out some trademarkable word to fire their weapon (although the other clip did have some of this, but I can live with a bit).

I'm just so much looking forward to a TF show with decent plots and perhaps some continuity that extends beyond a set amount of episodes (Armada's, Energon's, & Cybertron's 52 episode runs), and from the snippets I've seen this looks like it could do it.

It's hurting me a great deal to have to wait so long for the toys and show to premiere. From the bits of everything shown, it looks as though Animated was ready to go this fall, not this spring, and that KILLS ME.

20. Deadend

News Credits:
    After A/E/C I tend to agree sadly. But again that's why I love this. This shows an attempt at originality, and an attempt at cohesive writing without being shoehorned into pre animated lip syncs. This has life to the characters, whereas IMHO A/E/C while having cool moments, was lacking character believability and life to the persona's. Not mindless drone gestalts -_-.

It still can go either way, but so far I personally think Animated will surprise those that see past the sleak rounded off stylings. And heavy old school toon influences. (There's one clip with a guy and a bazooka who reminds me of people from astro boy lol. The god father of anime, who was influenced by betty boop, and steam boat willie.)

In this, I could see the gestalt limbs arguing or being antsy, or uncooperative, in another anime season, I doubt they'd even have voices.