New TF Animated clip

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Da_Razorsaw, Jul 30, 2007.

1. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    I don't know about you guys, but after watching this latest clip I was instantly reminded of the dynamic of the Axalon crew from Beast Wars. That can't be a bad thing.

Agree on the SD heads comment. It's good that it's not there ... so far.

And for once, I've seen an Optimus Prime with a mouth that looks actually cool.

:lol  :lol  :lol 

-airfox

2. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    ...it's G1 for a more hippier generation!

Not bad, even though the animation is not my overall preference, I really like the interaction between the characters.

3. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    I thought they all looked different, at least in robot mode...

Bulkhead definitely had more white on him, than his Earth mode.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Couldn't have put it better, and yeah I know which JLU episode you're talking about. That was one great show. And we'll be getting a straight-to-DVD movie soon.

Speaking of DVD. I wish TF Animated was out on DVD along with 300 tomorrow, :D 

5. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    hmm, I've noticed something.

The clip presented here comes prior to the nemesis attack we saw Earlier. The last thing in this clip is 'teletran' picking up a signal from an unknown ship approaching. The approaching ship has a decepticon energy signature for a warship. Nemesis anyone? I'm guessing we're missing a bit about getting back to the ship, and somehow grabbing that relic too. Then what saw in the hasbro panel at sdcc, then a scene of the space bridge acting up and taking both near earth or something to do with the space bridge. (It's too convenient to just be in the background, why even include it if not to be used more?)

Also, Prime is an Academy bot? Many comments of why an academy bot is on a back water assignment on this all spark forsaken rock. His training came from the academy.

Cybertron Elite Guard... Like the potential this gives for later use. (not autobot, not decepticon, Cybertron Elite guard... Hmm, and the decepticons are a more militiristic system at that...)

And prowl is just AWESOME. "Not this speach again." when prime goes on about the autobot team as a well oiled machine.

So much love, so much tender loving care was used. So many nuances already to explore.

Boss bot and big-bot ftw!

Oh and yeah, Ratchet's Cybertron form is different in vehicle too. Lots of sharp edges in the rear and sides.

6. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

Awesome can't wait....Love the bit with "ninja" prowl.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's funny that we are so used to bad cartoons, that we even take notice of the simple things that shows like JLU have on an episode basis.

Cybertron lingered on having some of those nuances (Landmine complaining about getting crappy asignments), but they were still railed in by whatever the story was in Japan, to an extreme, so they couldn't explore different possibilities. I love that Prime is some badass out on a seemingly crappy mission with a couple of rag-tab bots at his side. The chemistry between them will be the likes of Beast Wars. Granted this is all based on a clip or two, and the rest of the show could prove fatal, but for some reason, in this case, I doubt it. Transformers is in good hands, or chins, this time.

8. ThomasMaximus2

ThomasMaximus2 Well-Known Member

For sure ill watch the show and for sure i wont get the toys. They look very weird but the show looks fukin awesome

9. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Looking good so far. The more I see the more my fear this show would suck disappears, although it was mostly gone when I saw the first video. One thing that stands out about this clip to me other than the numerous G1 references in only a few minutes is the variations in the transformation sound. We have the normal one used over and over again in R.I.D. and the fast one that Bumblebee used that sounded like the quick transformations form G1. Prime's even played a little longer than Ratchet's in the first part of the clip so I'm happy it isn't just the same one over and over again like they did for R.I.D., although that may have been all they had to work with. Spring 2008 should be great.

10. Uni-En

Uni-En Well-Known Member

wow it looks pretty horrible.

11. Agent_ravage

Agent_ravage Saboteur

I like the backgrounds and scenery but the character designs totally ruin it for me. If i wanted to watch some rip off of Japanese culture I'd watch Teen Titans. On the other hand it should target the kids Hasbro is looking to target, its just not something I could watch. Oh well, another lame current series means I get to catch up on past toylines :) 

12. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Love the Bulkhead-mouth-open, Prowl-closing-mouth action. Very good stuff, here.

13. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I can't wait for this to start. The cartoon's going to get CN's full backing, which makes it a hit before it's started, and the toys match the cartoon.

14. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

Con clip Please.

15. enoch144

enoch144 CliffJumper

Prime looks too "Thundercatish" Other than the colors doesn't feel like Prime to me, more Orion Pax, but then that is pre-earth mode right. Animation looks good overall. I will defintely watch it because my son will love the show.

16. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :thumbdown 

I'm all for refreshing new changes, but That was almost painful. That teen titans style sh*t was the reason that Justic League got canceled, cuz the creators didn't want to sacrifice the integrity by going even more cartoony. So Transformers gets to be victimized instead.
    Damn.

One extreme to the next.
    Movie hits we get super realistic,junky, jagged ugly bots.
    Toon hits we get super cartoony, goofy, long-faced ugly bots.

I hope we get a middle ground somewhere at some point.
    oh well... at least Hasbro is giving star wars & GI Joe fans what THEY want...:redface2: 

Looks forward to classics 2.0 & future IDW comics.

17. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    You know, seeing how the producers are obviously G1 fans it wouldn't surprise me if the Orion Pax homage is deliberate.

18. vincheng2k5

vincheng2k5 Beast Wars movie = dream come true

Nice clip! I think Ratchet's stomach makes more sense now having seen him in this clip. The "belly" looks more like a pouch to store stuff in.

19. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Put me to sleep.

20. StefanXPrime

StefanXPrime Hater of all things G1

That sucked all kinds of ass and it made me want to watch G1 and I hate G1.