New Target Listings (TM2 Megatron, Soundwave, Energon Monster & Many, Many More)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Voltrace, Aug 11, 2021.

1. IronWaveJRG

IronWaveJRG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Arcee is not the only Prime character being done, Bulkhead is also listed. Rumors say, we are getting Knockout and Optimus as well

• Like Like x 5
  2. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    This is what I always imagined combiner teams should be. Not just the core 5, but up to a handful of backups as well.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Since this new one is voyager priced, I don't think so.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Z20

Z20 Well-Known Member

It was rumored to specifically be the Prime incarnation of Arcee alongisde Bulkhead and Knock Out, though Airachnid needs a good toy unlike that disastrous deluxe from the Prime toyline

• Like Like x 2
  5. transgeek2345

transgeek2345 Well-Known Member

I suppose you make a fair comparison. It probably echoes alongside other commenters on the wackiness of making SS a HasLab project as well, but I guess we’ll see how it turns out. Hopefully their stretch goal isn’t anything like 20.000 preorders or something like that

• Like Like x 2
  6. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You missed Bulkhead in there huh?

And there's more Prime stuff like Optimus and Knockout others in the next line as well.

7. ChaoticDarkness

ChaoticDarkness TFW2005 Supporter

I think that would still be too big for a modern day CHUG Armada Megatron IMO even if we were to get a Megatron as tall as SS86 Grimlock I just don’t see how that would work. There’s also the weight to keep in mind as well.

8. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    If we get a New God Ginrai, it should be a Titan. I got reasons...

• Like Like x 5
  9. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I mean, if he had the engineering of a commander class figure but was inside a Titan class price point I would A-OKAY with that.

But if he was just a huge chunk of plastic with simplified engineering, then no, I’ll pass on that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    I think there are different ways combiner teams could be portrayed. A team like you describe is one option, but would have potential weaknesses (example, the extra guy is vulnerable without being combiner...how many torsos do you have available?)

Compare that to a team of five where each person has one roll (Predaking) or a team of interchangeable limbs (Scramble) or even the Seacons dynamic.

It's why I was hoping CW would explore those more in depth. A limited series focused on the dynamics of a combiner team could be fascinating. What do they do to train in new members? How do they handle the loss of a component? Is there any mental toll to combining or any potential team dynamics that could mess up the gestalt?

Think of it like Voltron but there aren't pilots.

• Like Like x 3
  11. SonicConvoy05

SonicConvoy05 Well-Known Member

Same, but I feel anything above big Leader (think Grimlock) would make the combined mode too heavy.

12. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Attached Files:

13. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    Bulkhead is probably Prime though, right? (could be Animated I guess)

plus there's that standalone Armada Starscream by his lonesome

14. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    The original Tidal Wave was a beast compared to Megatron, but he managed to hold it pretty steadily. And given Armada Megs specifically has a pretty basic transformation, there's a TON of room to beef him up with sturdy ratchet joints. If you've held either SS Grimlock or Slug in hand you know what I'm talking about. They both have ratchets in both the hips and knees and I believe the shoulders are as well. That'd go a long way holding up a bulkier armor bot. Especially if they leverage Tidal Wave's price point to improve the combination aspect so the connections are sturdier.

Also, Tidal Wave himself wasn't all that complex. As a Titan, he'd just be *big* with no real benefit to it. He'd be more like the Ark in the sense he'd turn in to a big bot but wouldn't have much of a third mode. I'd rather they put him at Commander so he can be the big battle ship that would scale well with a Titan city bot.

Thought of an additional thing in response to this. If a combiner team is more than the Core 5, you beg the question "Okay, you've got multiple limbs...what if they take out the torso?" At which point you'd likely suggest "the team includes at least one additional torso bot."

But by that point, you've effectively described what Scramble City already is. A number of combiners on each side with interchangeable limbs and torsos. Your "backups" aren't really thought of as such because you've got so many "backups" they're busy forming their own gestalt and if any particular team member gets injured there's an opportunity to mix/match with another team who's down a member.

Funny enough, CW touched on this briefly and PotP leaned in to it fully. The latter only had official combos for the Terrorcons and Dinobots, and later the Elite Guard...but beyond that you had an assortment of torsos and limbs and no official configuration. That sold the idea that these combiners were just "literally everybody" so in a combat situation you've got your trained teams but in a pinch anyone could hop in and form an arm or torso if needed.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Assuming Arcee and Bulkhead are prime characters as rumored…

I want a prime Arcee that doesn’t have half a motorcycle glued onto the back side of her, and doesn’t have wings that are obscenely huge. I’d like for Bulkhead to be impressive too.

FE Arcee had clever tricks like the splitting wheel and fairing that I hope are reused. The PRID deluxe Arcee was passable at the time, but nothing impressive. The FE Bulkhead wowed with use of compressing parts, but was very inaccurate in many areas like the shoulders and legs.

I’m probably hoping for too much, but I’d really like for an Arcee and Bulkhead that become known to the wider fandom for having a creative transformation and solid, kibble free modes all around.

I remember the hype around their clever engineering and masterful sculpts when Generations Springer and PRID Vehicon came out (and apparently they are almost a decade old now holy heck I’ve been here a while), and Studio Series Hot Rod has captured similar praise recently. Here’s to hoping Hasbro and Takara can capture that design energy again for these tricky Prime designs.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Good point, but remember Bulkhead is a fairly new character in the Transformers universe. Id bet thats gonna be Generations style representation of the character similar to what they did Lugnut 5-6 years ago. With that being said, wouldnt Arcee be labeled "TF Prime Arcee" the same way they labeled Starscream "Armada Starscream" ? They did that with the TF Prime figures in the RED line I believe. Why wouldnt they make that distinction here ? (Same for Bulkhead) While that presumption might not signal Energon Arcee either, it definitely hints that it wont be TF Prime unless its a pretool for Energon Arcee which is also a motorcycle. Thats my opinion. Ive been wrong before, but ive also been right before. If I was making the decisions in Hasbro, im not gonna do an updated mold of a 10 year old character just to give ankle tilt and wrist swivel. Theres too many other pre-2010 characters that paid their dues and are victims of outdated engineering.

17. orangeitis

News Credits:
    I'd sure as hell love to see that kind of story.

18. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    Energon Monster.......wut, I was kind of hoping for Kremzeek but he's energy based not Energon, no clue.

Oooo ho a voyager Armada Screamer you say. Give me a blue repaint and we're talking.

Bulkhead, really hoping that's animated, Hasbro is going to have to do some work to top the Prime FE. Much prefer an updated Animated version.

Blaster it's about bloody time is all I can say.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Spartan0996

Spartan0996 Island Devil

• Like Like x 2
  20. orangeitis

News Credits:
    That's true. But I don't see the whole combiner thing being the only aspect of the unit that would be considered for reasons to have a larger team. The combiner would probably be intended for a last resort(whether the team uses it as such or not), and their unit would normally function as just a normal group of soldiers most of the time. The groups would just have a better cooperative function than mixed teams. Protectobots coordinate easier with their rescue missions, and Stunticons coordinate better in car chases, for instance. Extra limbs/torsos for the combiner would be a bonus.

I never watched those series, so I'll take your word for it.