New Target Listings (TM2 Megatron, Soundwave, Energon Monster & Many, Many More)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Voltrace, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Alienmorph

Alienmorph Well-Known Member

There could be ways to make that work. Something I could see happen is if they do a Bulkhead with a beefier, more truck-like altmode, ala Transformers Animated, and then retool it in the Beast Hunters TFP Optimus. Would make more sense than redesigning Bulkhead to retcon him into the G1 look.

And that's just Bulkhead... how would you justify a G1-style Aligned Optimus? Or a G1-style TFP Arcee? I'm not saying it's something impossible to pull off, but again... what would be the point? G1 fans won't want them because it's not pure GeeWun, and fans of the Prime/Aligned designs won't want them either because they don't look like the version of the character thei're supposed to rapresent. Seems like an even more niche and risky proposal than the RED figures.

2. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who confirmed that? Just out of curiosity.

• Like Like x 4
  3. GrandPrix

GrandPrix Active Member

Have we heard anything more about Terrorsaur? Couple months back he was as rumored for another Amazon double pack, but we haven’t heard anything since. Hope he’s still coming since he’d be the only original cast member of S1 BW left out.

4. CactusReporter

CactusReporter Semi-Recognizable Leaker

News Credits:
    What a time to live in, we're getting G1, JG1, BW, UT, and TFP. Jeez, I knew Mark was gonna make some crazy stuff but this is absurd. Generations really feels like Generations again.

• Like Like x 29
  5. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Finally some deserved diversity.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Dinocon93

Dinocon93 Dinobot Warrior

There from a different reality, that doesn’t mean they should or shouldn’t share the same designs as long as Aligned Prime is physically different from G1. And these versions of Bulkhead and Arcee are going to be different entities from the originals, just like how Kingdom Maximals are different from the 90s counterparts.

If this is a way to get characters from Prime that got bad toys then ok but I’m going to pass on Bulkhead and Arcee if they aren’t going to be any better looking than the originals.

7. Alienmorph

Alienmorph Well-Known Member

The BW cast still looks like the BW cast, just with more detailed/realisitc beast modes. They haven't been redesigned to fit some other series' aestetic. So much so they kinda stick out like a sore thumb when appearing besides the Siege 'bots in the Netflix show... and I say this as a BW fan.

Sounds like you just wants more G1 stuff even when we're not doing G1, frankly. To each their own, but I really hope that's not the direction we're going, sorry.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

"LEGACY" sounds like a good concept for the next line of the franchise.. remake everything that works and finish making the figures that were obviously planned for the WfC line that were too late for the final waves. This might even be the loophole to make a "LEGACY" Snarl to make up for the one that's likely to be absent from the Studio Series '86 line.

Hopefully they'll revisit the first IDW-Verse designs. maybe even give us a new Star Saber based on the Milne design too. LEADER CLASS!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  9. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    >Armada Starscream
    >Voyager

NEEDNEEDNEEDNEEDNEEDNEED

• Like Like x 6
  10. Voytash78

Voytash78 Well-Known Member

Hmm so they are bringing Core Class to Studio Series. Also Voyager Inferno, noice, hopefully it is Beast Wars and they aren't once again putting bunch of toys from previous toyline.

• Like Like x 4
  11. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Not if the rumor that it took the place of a new Leader class Straxus is true (in the Speculation thread). If so then to h3ll with that.

I am glad to finally see a Voyager class Blaster listed. While saddened to see there's no new Dinobot names listed. But that's Hasbro for you..

So besides Blaster everything else listed is a wait and see for me...

12. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

I edited my earlier post to include this thought: but I have a feeling this is an amalgam of the scrapped ideas for both Studio Series and WfC that weren't made in time for the current line.

I'm curious to see if this is brought up in tomorrow's Fan First Friday.

13. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

Man, there are some great things coming. I can't wait.

14. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    It won't. They're not going to wrap Kingdom and launch an entire new trilogy in the same stream.

I think one of the leakers had mentioned a lower price point for Studio. It makes sense as a place to put them if the next trilogy has it's own thing going at the 9.99 point.

Though if Core is selling well enough they may want to put a price point in Studio to support it as a way of flooding the zone. Similar to how Studio/WfC split the work of covering the 86 movie cast.

Once I heard Mark was in charge I knew there were fun times ahead. I hope they let him really run with it and we get some new things mixed in with the throwbacks.

• Like Like x 7
  15. Gokai Rod

Gokai Rod Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    To be honest the only one I\'m excited to see is Dragstrip. I\'m NOT being a Geewunner, I\'m just a fan of the Stunticons.

• Like Like x 4
  16. The Roman Empire1977

The Roman Empire1977 I succeeded where Megatron failed

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Cant WAIT to see tm2 megan!! Also hope bulkie and menasor look good

17. Dinocon93

Dinocon93 Dinobot Warrior

I just want more post-Unicron Trilogy characters in the og look, not more of the same G1 characters.

I’d rather have less G1 stuff in studio series.

And considering the listings the direction is pretty much gonna be mostly still G1 with some other stuff sprinkled on. Don’t get mad at me for making me out to sound like the mass-majority of this fanbase.

18. Dmharper80

Dmharper80 Squeegee

Not so much said but when they said the new slammer is designed to be a turrent with the generations Metroplex, it indicates they aren't bringing in a new one.

19. Lore Keeper

Lore Keeper Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Aside from Rust Dust, all the of the Torchbearers were significantly retooled to give them more feminine features and set them apart from their mold mates.

20. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    You know, if they show another concept art of everyone in the Legacy line, like we saw with Kingdom, that would be wonderful!