New Target Listings (TM2 Megatron, Soundwave, Energon Monster & Many, Many More)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Voltrace, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He might as well be a new mold. With just how different OP and Motormaster transform, the fact the trailer limbs have gaps in them for the car bots or just lack areas that they fill up, and the size Menasor will be will also call a retool into question.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Well-Known Member

Exactly this. That being said, I'd be down for a Commander class Powermaster Optimus. Hasbro has to know that there's an audience for that.

• Like Like x 3
  3. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, if they are going to go with a g1 toon style, they will have to do fake cab feet. And to not do g1 toon style with that Dragstrip makes no sense at all.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Legacy Motormaster could basically be a Powermaster Optimus premold with attachments for Stunticon addons. And, for that matter, I suspect there's also potential for reuse as Armada and Energon Optimus Prime.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. PloverNutter

PloverNutter TFW2005: We're buying them but we don't like them.

News Credits:
    The only thing non-cartoon about Legacy Dragstrip are those shoulder pylons which seem unavoidable since in the cartoon the front of the car just disappeared.
    A Super Ginrai selects Takara retooling is possible with enough work. Armada or Energon Prime though, you must be on something to think that could work.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    &

Oh, they do. They hate it with a passion. A lot of it has to do with how much the owner is willing to kiss Hasbro's @$$ and the whole "notice me, senpai!" thing. Can't confirm but I've heard from reliable sources that the whole Orson/Aaron Archer thing really chapped their collective @$$es.

Honestly, the first thing that comes up when looking for TF info is TFW. That alone angers them to no end. It doesn't help that the board/site just isn't inviting and flashy. It's very bland and boring on the surface. TFW has always had flair.

They've never had what TFW has. It's only gotten worse. Why do you think I choose to be here than anywhere else? The rest are pale imitations, plain and simple. I can't tell you how many times TFormers will use other people's news as their own, and Seibertron just refuses to do anything 3rd party, thereby ignoring a large part of the fandom. Heck, they'll go out of their way to ignore (and not report) news because it has a touch of 3rd party in it.

It's kind of weird, honestly.

It sucks that this news of Menasor, by one of our most respected sources, is stolen away by the competition and credit isn't even given. That's incredibly unprofessional. I shouldn't be surprised, though... I mean, that site owner is a scalper, and goes hardcore into it. The eBay listings are eye-opening and stomach-churning.

Anyway, Menasor sounds awesome and I for one cannot wait! (I'll have the OSKO of Magic Square to tide me over.)

• Like Like x 4
  7. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No way that would ever happen at all unless it's another CW Armada Megatron situation.

Their looks and transformations are so much different compared to PMOP it's not even funny.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Hanzkaz

News Credits:
    (My idea, copied from another thread)

I'm starting to wonder if Legacy Motormaster will turn out to be a premold of Armada Optimus (based on some sort of remold of Laser Prime and Motormaster's trailer), Energon Optimus (based on Siege/Earthrise Optimus with a Motormaster trailer retaining the former Stunticon car connector ports for his drone vehicles) , AND Powermaster Optimus Prime (based on Siege/Earthrise Optimus and the Motormaster trailer.)..
    1. There's apparently already a base mode, so that's already taken care of. Of course the cab may also be based on the WFC Ultra Magnuses or Galaxy Convoy.

At a guess, I'd say we'd get Powermaster Optimus first (to 'correct their mistake' with the previous CHUG version) , then Armada Optimus (once we start getting more UT-based CHUG figures) and finally Energon Prime (and yes, we need a version where he finally did get to the gymn) .

• Like Like x 1
  9. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    Yall are missing the obvious. Motormaster's best possible retool is Thunderclash and/or Machine Wars Optimus.

• Like Like x 11
  10. PloverNutter

News Credits:
    The only thing non-cartoon about Legacy Dragstrip are those shoulder pylons which seem unavoidable since in the cartoon the front of the car just disappeared.
    A Super Ginrai selects Takara retooling is possible with enough work. Armada or Energon Prime though, you must be on something to think that could work.
    There already is an armada Prime mold that exists so it doesn't make sense to scrap that one to retool a figure that won't work as well. Armada Prime's super mode works that the trailer becomes just his lower half. At least with PMOP all they have to do is flip Menasor's torso around, fill in the limbs, and rearrange the cab connections so that the cab front is on the chest.
    [​IMG]

11. Hanzkaz

News Credits:
    I'm wondering about that Armada Prime from years back as well. But I'm thinking, if Hasbro finds that reusing an existing mold works out cheaper, they might pick that option.

Incidentally, I'm also assuming they'll remold the trailer to suit the design they're aiming for. If they can remold Springer into Sandstorm, they can definitely remold a rectangular box on wheels into another type of rectangular box on wheels that works a bit differently ( Anyone who's played with Lego knows how creative you can get with different combinations of similar parts.)

12. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

Guys I have this crazy wild insane idea, what if Motormaster, like the commanders before him...isn't retooled into someone else??? I know crazy right

• Like Like x 14
  13. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    He’s obviously retooled into Needlenose

• Like Like x 8
  14. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    Jetfire is the only commander that’s gotten a reuse right?

15. Hanzkaz

News Credits:
    One day, I'm expecting a purple griffin... to go with my purple Jetfire, which is just a repaint.

16. PloverNutter

News Credits:
    To be fair we only have had 3 commander figures total so far and just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it can't. The other commanders don't really have any other characters their molds/engineering could work with while this is the first commander where a retool into another character is conceivable based on the info we know right now. Fort Max was only the 3rd Titan and he was a (poor) remold of Metroplex and we also have Black Zarack next year that is the 2nd Titan figure of 2022 (or first depending on the release schedule). Would I prefer that PMOP/Super Ginrai get his own mold? Yes. Can I also see Takara retooling Motormaster into Super Ginrai in the Selects line to go with Black Zarack since they are enemies, as they did really well with Star Convoy and Super Megatron before? Definitely a possibility.

17. Hanzkaz

News Credits:
    So far.

• Like Like x 3
  18. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

News Credits:
    As Jetfire again, but yeah, so far he's the only one.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Hanzkaz

News Credits:
    It's not a purple griffin but I'll take it upload_2021-10-28_18-7-4.png

• Like Like x 6
  20. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Well-Known Member

I have no idea what you're smoking, but I'd love some.

• Like Like x 2