New Target Listings (TM2 Megatron, Soundwave, Energon Monster & Many, Many More)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Voltrace, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    Sky Lynx's bottom half was also just a slab of plastic lying down, with a shuttle that clipped on top with an extending neck.

Could he be possible at just commander class, maybe, but we all know Hasbro will have to make him come with the matrix, Sparkplug, a shit load of effect parts, his guns, and the base mode cause there's no yeah they wouldn't include it, just like they wouldn't not include a base mode for PMOP, in order for all of it to increases in play value.

2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With Victory Saber slowing down now, just like every other Haslab project in the past has, I'm just waiting for the "OH NO....HE IS A HUGE FAILURE....HASBRO SHOULD'VE CHOSEN SOMETHING ELSE" comments to start anytime now, as this probably will only crawl upwards from here on out until the very last week now.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Jhund

Jhund Screws>Pins

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Wouldn’t doubt that at all , I believe Armada took second place after Starsaber? Back when they were voting for who is gonna be Mp-24 in the Takara polls. And it’s also popular in the states from what I can tell , so both bases are covered .

• Like Like x 1
  4. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    No, they don’t have to. A transformer in of itself is play value. Blast effects are pointless, get them outa here, They melt plastic anyways. Mini con, sell it separately. Basemode can be like skylynx, simplify it. I’m saying it’s easily possible to fit into commander class, and all I’m hearing is random shit being thrown in that doesn’t need to be, to make up a reason for it not being possible. If Hasbro wanted to, it’d easily fit. The real reason you guys seem to ignore is they most likely don’t think it would sell. As BS as it is, That’s Hasbro for you.

Also skylynx’s “slab” had chunks of it transform, as well as 4 legs. It had engineering and wasn’t just an empty box.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
  5. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    exactly , everyone is forgetting that we got perfectly fine deluxe robots with super mode on the prime wars trilogy which include matrix, does everyone is forgetting about potp optimus. star convoy, optimal optimus and rodimus, just make the cab deluxe like those, i honestly would not like to see an haslab armada prime, it would increase considerably the price, just see star saber a commander figure, by itself, victory leo is a leader , commanders are 85 and leader 55 that makes 140 , and we are paying 180 for star saber so no, making everything that isnt the precious g1 a haslab project is not a good idea just see how kingdom end up it was great, the customers would end up paying 40 dolars more just for it been an haslab project no thanks

6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I really have a hard time believing that the idea of us getting a new Armada Optimus Prime wonderfest mold or not isn't possible when we've seen Hasbro pull off figures and repaints no one thought would be possible years ago. Not to mention this is Optimus Prime we're talking about and has a design that evokes the original design enough to work. He's basically going to be in every line or at least many of them in some form or another. I'd be more surprised if Hasbro DOESN'T eventually touch on it especially if they're looking to give Armada some major attention again like what the Beast Wars era is getting.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    I'm arguing that the Optimus portion won't be as cheap as that and I don't think a good trailer can come out of the remaining budget with the Commander Price point. I'd love to be wrong but Armada Prime's trailer is, for lack of a better term, fucking bullshit. It's a box that inverts itself into a slightly wider box and they have to make solid, articulate legs out of that to support the weight of the Optimus cab and (ideally) another Leader in Overload. Sure it may be possible, but I think throwing the Magna Convoy set into Haslab would give us a better, more stable alternative and iron out any compromises the restrictive commander price point may entail. His trailer was massive, complex, and he has Sparkplug and a big ass gun to factor in as well. I recall rumors of a potential price hike to $100 for Commander and I could potentially see that covering all their bases, but I think $80 is going to be too slim for the full package. You'd have to make an INCREDIBLY simple Cab and strip away the gun and minicon for the trailer to be up to snuff

• Like Like x 1
  8. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah…. Looking at Haslab star saber’s hollowness, no. That wouldn’t make them iron out anything. They would just sell us the same thing but at $200 with extras. I would prefer retail (even if a little simpler) instead of shoving everything not G1 into haslab. Armada optimus’s transformation is way simpler than Rodimus anyways so that’s already saving on cost for prime.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    What hollowness? The guns? Victory Leo's tiny ass thighs? Saber's forearms that EVERY physical toy failed to remedy? I'd prefer retail too, which is why i'd push for Magna Convoy for Haslab and a Leader Jetfire to complement the figure like the supposed 2023 Deathsaurus. Also this would hypothetically bu the first non-G1 Haslab and far from the only non-G1 representation at all. We know Armada Starscream is coming to Legacy next year in addition to more UT toys in that Walmart subline.

• Like Like x 4
  10. pegasusprime

News Credits:
    i dont need the platform mode just the super pants and sparkplug could be sell separetelly

11. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Base mode happened in the show they aren't likely to ignore it. Also Sparkplug wouldn't sell well individually as no one would want to carry it after the Micromasters failed in stores

• Like Like x 1
  12. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Leo’s thighs look like Swiss cheese. Those aren’t tiny considering that what, voyager/leader size? Everyone on the planet told me “these were made smaller to stop hollowness from coming back”. Oh the irony.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Voyager sized and a good portion of his hollowness is from the mushroom peg on his thigh. The actual "hollow" part is pretty small all things considered, looking around as tall as his fist is wide (though I'll concede on perspective making exact calls like that a little rough). I've also not heard anyone claim that myself so I can't comment on it but I assure it it isn't "everyone" like you say.

14. pegasusprime

News Credits:
    star saber also got a base mode and the haslab dont have it, optimal optimus have a 4 mode and they ignore it, i can live without the useless platform mode

• Like Like x 1
  15. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    It is everyone, for the entirety of the WFC line. Any time I said the leaders are way to small, I was hit with a barrage of “you want hollowness to come back!?” After that became an obvious excuse rather than real reason for them getting smaller, they just switched to “it’s not that bad for the price. It’s just a toy”.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Was SS's base mode in the anime? POTP Optimal has far more issues than two absent modes, and POTP as a whole was less committed to screen accuracy than WfC has been
    Yeah I don't share that exact experience. Most of the time, the leaders being smaller was justified through scale issues, like Shockwave or Astrotrain. So again, it isnt "everyone" like you claim and that's starting to feel more like a strawman than an actual rebuttal. Look this has gotten off track of even our initial discussion and that on it's own was off topic here I'm sure. Let's just agree to disagree and call it a day. Neither of us are going to change the other's mind

• Like Like x 2
  17. pegasusprime

News Credits:
    yeah is sad we used to get good size leaders now they are just voyaguers with accesories, wfc is not even accurrate is near but not acurrate, accurate to the source materials are mps. i dont see so many details on the cartoon star saber, optimal optimus wasnt really that bad, he got nice articulation,and the 3 modes were acurrate to the series , he receive a lot more hate than he deserve

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Some of you guys need to read more Twain.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."― Mark Twain.

• Like Like x 11
  19. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Never said they were entirely accurate, just that WfC has been much more so than the PWT. I'm glad they aren't 1:1, I hate the super cartoony look of the MPs

• Like Like x 3
  20. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Still Far better discussion that freaking scale debates.

• Like Like x 3