New Target Listings (TM2 Megatron, Soundwave, Energon Monster & Many, Many More)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Voltrace, Aug 11, 2021.

1. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    *glances at the Voyager SS86 Ratchet leak*

...starting when?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

When he said that he did explicitly say Ratchet was a notable exception, iirc.

• Like Like x 2
  3. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that ends up being something else, like a movie Ratchet given the 86 designation by accident. But it won't.

4. orangeitis

News Credits:
    And SS86 Rumble?

5. Jeddostotle7

He hadn't already previously revealed the existence of SS86 Rumble when he said that, so he either didn't know about it or didn't feel like he could reveal its existence yet.

6. orangeitis

News Credits:
    Makes sense.

I hope the "recycling" doesn't extend to "Cybertronian" and "Earth" variations of each character. We still need Cybertronian Wheeljack, Earth Hound, Cybertronian Jazz, Earth Crosshairs, both for Clampdown, etc etc etc.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jeddostotle7

Earth Hound I could still potentially see happening, but also maybe not; Clampdown I'm definitely expecting on one version of that mold (but not both); Crosshairs I don't think Hasbro sees as quite important enough to do another version of so soon unless it's an easy redeco from someone else; Cybertronian Wheeljack and Jazz I still definitely see as possibilites since it seems less like something Hasbro would consider "redoing the same character over again" and more "doing a notable different version of the character from a specific media appearance", similar to Origin Bumblebee.

• Like Like x 5
  8. orangeitis

News Credits:
    So do you think that Pointblank is a mold reuse of someone too?

What about Spinister getting his own mold...? Double Targetmasters are arguably less popular than them.

Once upon a time, they all had their own molds. Except Seekers. And Datsuns.

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I took Wreckgar's comments to mean characters who Hasbro felt got a definitive update in WFC. He did note Ratchet and the inevitable Ironhide as an exception as @Jeddostotle7 mentioned. Rumble fits that bill too as his figure was pretty bad as well. I'm kind of curious who else might fit that bill for Hasbro.

That said, Hasbro will do whatever they feel like honestly no matter what's been said... and since Hasbro will never make a statement about it themselves we'll never know their intentions fully. Hopefully anyone else that gets a redo that already has a good figure starting from Siege is done based an alt reality version. Especially since they will obviously want to keep their trademarks active. We don't need continuous G1 updates when they can just use a version of the character though. Legacy looks to be leading into that a little thankfully.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Jeddostotle7

I think Pointblank will probably share a mold (or at least a "partial" with someone, but not the kind of "slap a Pointblank head on someone else" redeco that Crosshairs was, more like a "Pointblank was one of the two characters we had in mind when we designed this". To me it just seems like Hasbro might consider characters such as the 87 Autobot Targetmasters to be in this range of "just important enough to consider giving their own mold/having significantly in mind for a partial with someone else if they come to mind while planning the line, but if we already just did a version, even if it was a simple redeco, not important enough to go back and do again so soon".

Eh, I'd say with his popularity in MTMTE/Lost Light, Spinister is substantially more popular than any of the Autobot Targetmaster-original characters.

You know as well as I do that those days are long gone, economically speaking.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  11. orangeitis

News Credits:
    Whew. That's a VERY good nuance to have. That means we got characters like Springer, Reflector, Huffer, and Grapple covered. Others like Hot House, Chromia, Blackjack, and Earth mode Ultra Magnus should still be on the table then. Great!

Of course Hasbro will do what they want. But they can be convinced or coerced to make a turn or two by enough fan voice. It has been done time and time again in many franchises. But we all gotta stick together to achieve this! o/

Shit, I forgot about society being too incompetent to get its shit together. Dammit.

• Like Like x 2
  12. wreckgar39

wreckgar39 I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way.

News Credits:
    ...huh? I don't remember half of this, but I will try to help.

Hasbro, for the most part, is done with the "let us redo the same figure slightly better every year". For most of the "traditional" cast, they are at the point that the toys are either very accurate, very good, easily accessible, or some mix of those factors. Earthrise Leader Optimus, for example, is gonna be the G1 Optimus for the foreseeable future. There might still be other versions of him like Laser Prime or Core Class stuff, but they really are done with red brick Optimus repaints/redesigns.

I was under the exception that Ironhide and Ratchet were the exceptions, but I also didn't know that *checks notes* they would take spots in three size classes throughout the course of a year. That's just a bit silly, but uh, maybe the scalpers will show mercy after the ER mold shenanigans? Please..? Guys seriously.

Elita-1 and Rumble getting redesigns is very surprising to me but I'll take em tbh. Didn't know they were happening at all.

If I had to guess, the SS Core Shockwave is from BB movie alongside Ravage. I vaguely remember his name tossed around about the same time I FFHWFFF.

The most recent leak news I have pertains to leakerman Metrotitan, who appears to have been banned a while back but we still occasionally talk on Discord.
    1. Apparently Star Saber is gonna be $180 but haven't seen anyone else back that up yet. Hopefully it's true and I can help you guys by pitching in.
    2. This is from today, like, maybe 4 hours ago today. He asked me how The Flash got his superpowers, then assessed the risk and went out in the middle of an insanely powerful lighting storm with a curtain rod high above his head. He was not struck, which is as shocking to me as it is disappointing to him, but yeah that's about it.

• Like Like x 28
  13. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

News Credits:
    Guys. Hate to ruin the fun, but it was CactusReporter who said that hasbro was gonna avoid retreading characters going forward aside from the odd redo here and there like Ironhide and Ratchet (and hopefully in a couple years G1 Arcee in voyager class a la Hot Rod, but she can wait). Not Wreckgar39.

• Like Like x 9
  14. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Oh, I hope that's the case so I can import it to Peru.

15. wreckgar39

wreckgar39 I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way.

News Credits:
    Thank you! I couldn't remember exactly who said it, all I remembered was the conversation first popping up in the debate of ss86 commander Optimus.

...we really, really don't need one, fellas.

• Like Like x 20
  16. Autobot N

Autobot N Wants a Legacy Sunstorm

Excellent, can't wait for the reveal. I still would have paid $250 for him if necessary, but this is a lot easier to swallow if true.
    Truly based

• Like Like x 5
  17. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Hasbro trying to make peace with everyone mad about Ratchet and Earth Ironhide being exclusives. Now you get all the vanbots.

• Like Like x 8
  18. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Ah, so we had the wrong leaker? :lol  Sorry @wreckgar39 sometimes these boards and leaks just move too fast.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    That's less than the new MP seekers, so really there's no reason not to back Star Saber from my point of view!

• Like Like x 4
  20. CactusReporter

CactusReporter Semi-Recognizable Leaker

News Credits:
    CactusReporter? Man, I hate that guy.

• Like Like x 29