New Takara Products - Possible first look at Studio Series 86 arcee and dotm bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fc203, May 9, 2022.

1. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    I love that DOTM Bee so far, especially the dark grey plastic for his limbs and guts and stuff. The light silvery grey on the ROTF one held me back from picking that up.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Esquilax79

Esquilax79 Decepticon Cassette

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Misrepresentation of Arcee.  She only smiled once and that was when she was playing dressup with Daniel.  Possibly more... just finding it a little off.  It\'s a dark movie.  Half her friends just got killed.  Why is she smiling?   Put that smile on IDW Arcee and everyone runs for their lives.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    I have both T30 and Kingdom Arcee... between them I think I'm alright skipping this version

• Like Like x 6
  4. Cosmoglide

Cosmoglide NA W4Y W3 60

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    He does if you have a copy that stays tabbed together, I guess, but if we're cherry picking, I'll say at least ER Arcee is stable in robot mode. As a "toy", which covers the full spectrum of what Tracks is supposed to do, he's quite possibly the worst Transformer I've personally handled. I had to mod the crap out of him to upgrade him to just being a bad toy from where he was when I opened the package.
    If RED served any purpose and had any semblance of scale with other current transformers toys, I would happily accept a RED G1 Arcee as my stand-in for my 86 movie displays. That design is not conducive to a transforming toy and the sooner Hasbro abandons it, the better.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    shit that’s right. This Arcee originally costed $10 right? Fuck paying $25 for her even more.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TGS1985

TGS1985 Well-Known Member

When Kingdom Arcee came out the first thing I said was I would've been happier with a T-30 with ankle tilt and waist swivel so I'm ecstatic about this.Vehicle mode is practically perfect and the bot mode is most authentic G1 representation yet. Yes, it still has the backpack but like others have pointed out without investing a large amount of engineering that would probably double the price of the figure it's always going to be a thing. I appreciate them attempting to make it detachable in Kingdom but it came a huge cost to the vehicle mode and transformation overall, essentially making it a shell former that you could literally have both modes separately at once with the removal of a single pin. That said, it would've nice if they found a way to fold the center section of the hood in along with the front wheels at the fenders.

It truly looks like they did a near perfect job taking everything right with T30 and Kingdom and putting them together. Studio Series continues to kill it as an affordable MP Lite line. Both 86 and Bee movie Arcees are must buys for me this year.

7. Lady Slipstream

Lady Slipstream Hi.

News Credits:
    So they took the best bit from T30 Arcee? And I mean her transformation, while looking kinda odd in bot mode, I loved how the thighs formed parts of the car mode. If it’s not broken don't fix it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. KibblerGrrrl

KibblerGrrrl Zealous mini-cassettes & fembots evangelist

I'd be down for that... but I'd want him to customize instead into a new Spacewarp (probably).

Really? I was just thinking I need to dig out my still-on-card unopened Thr30 Arcee to stick up on eBay.

Really? I might be interested in a second TR Arcee if you decide to part with her.

Yep, I like that design over the ER one.

I am hopeful that this will finally finally be the definite figure for TFTM and G1 cartoon Arcee. That way we can move on to better physically-designed Arcees and other fembots in the future.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Ractonite

Ractonite Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    "B-b-but the backpack!" THEN GET THE EARTHRISE FIGURE. IF YOU DONT WANT IT THAT FIGURE EXISTS FOR THAT REASON. DAMNIT.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Skylanderformer

Skylanderformer (yells)

so, a worse legends arcee, bumblebee with more kibble, and a metal gremlin. got it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

Mine tabs together okay, but yeah out of the classic autobot cars the last few years, I'd say he's the worst I've got. I mostly keep him in Corvette mode, because it's a beautiful car, but I feel like we will need a better tracks down the road.

I'm not sure another Arcee is really something we needed right now, that design isn't that different from the Earthrise and Kingdom one, and that's still on shelves in some places.

• Like Like x 2
  12. linkinparkirony

linkinparkirony #1 NFT Hater

News Credits:
    the arcee is perfect. not the one we deserve, but the one we needed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. absolutelynotdario

absolutelynotdario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I was hoping they would use a new head for bumblebee or just use the WWII head and repaint it

• Like Like x 1
  14. Skylanderformer

Skylanderformer (yells)

what do we deserve?

• Like Like x 4
  15. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

I'll stick with my "sexy" Legends version (less backpack and no hollow thighs), but this looks better than the ER version to me.

• Like Like x 2
  16. ProfessionalIcee

ProfessionalIcee I have a fear of places so I want to change shape.

KD Arcee. :D 

• Like Like x 3
  17. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

I.... really don't know about Arcee. The articulation improvements are definitely appreciated, but it came at the cost of multiple weapons, her backpack is worse, her alt mode integration is worse, and her colors are a massive step down from the T30 version. I was initially excited when I heard about this figure, but I don't think I can justify this one.

It is, however, infinitely better than Earthrise Arcee.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ACMagnus

ACMagnus Phantom Thief

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    ...I actually like this Arcee and genuinely think it's the best mainline G1 Arcee we've gotten.

:confused2 

• Like Like x 4
  19. LunarStrike

LunarStrike Let's Get Dangerous!

So, as usual, you made a solid judgement call based on logic! Hence why we appreciate you so much :) .

• Like Like x 4
  20. Capperclawed

Capperclawed I'll clean ur pool

not a lot of people in here talking about sideways, i think cause as far as that character goes, this fig looks pretty great. im loving the diagonal grill-crush they did to make him look more jumbled, also his backpack actually seems to tuck away pretty nicely, even if its not the tightest in the world (unlike some bubblegum bot who was also shown off today), it plays well with his round body shape and gangly proportions; he's a real monster, its awesome. one thing bayformers always did right was super alien shaped decepticons. Bay bots were at their best when they weren't normal proportion humanoids. (Devcon, the constructicons, screw it even wheelie was a neat design)

Man... i just hate the design of so many of the bay formers heads tho. he looks like a soccer ball covered in fly paper that got kicked around in a cutlery drawer for half an hour. everything else is perfect, and i know the head is accurate, but mama mia i might have to swap it out for someone elses. the all silver deco doesnt help either.

• Like Like x 2