new SWTF pictures on Hasbro website

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Feb 10, 2006.

1. canprime

canprime Well-Known Member

Let us just hope they don't try this "treasure hunt" thing with Transformers. If they did I could see it getting real, ugly real quick.

2. canprime

canprime Well-Known Member

Unafraid.

I agree with you, but let's be honest, I don't think there are too many fans out there that actually think they could run the lines better. If they do, then they are delusional. :D 

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Personally, I don't see much to praise about the robot modes. The vehicle modes, without a doubt, are relatively accurate...but I still wonder who is designing these transformation schemes for the Star Wars Transformers. Archer & co. from the Transformers art desk? Or Transformer fans from the Star Wars art desk?

...regardless, blech. The ARC-170 bot mode looks relatively lackluster, at least from what I can see in these pics.

4. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I -think- the SWTFs are coming from the Star Wars brand designers.

And the Falcon's packaging is ballsy. It's like, "hey haters, screw you, we're gonna showcase our ROBOT MODES".

5. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not keen on the SW Tfs at all - just reviewed the Darth Vader and it's not encouraging me to buy more. I can't get my head round the "robot sort of looking like it reminds you of the character but not" thing that they've got going on. It's emphasisesd by me not having a clue as to who the Imperial Shuttle is meant to be - and if I as a SW fan of some 26 years standing can't tell that then there's something wrong ! And to be honest the ARC fighter could be either a clone trooper or pilot too !

Running a thread on the action figures over in the Toyark if you've some thoughts on the action figures shown.

6. Vialli

Vialli Fantastic

I dont care too much for the SWTF's which is a shame because I've always wondered how they would transform an X-Wing into a robot, IMO they ruined them when they tried to make them like the characters in the movies.

On the other hand I LOVE them SW basic figs, I can never have enough Jedi or Clone/Storm trooper figs.

7. Shipley

Shipley none

News Credits:
    I'm just hoping a success on SWTF will allow them to persue more crossover toylines... like GI Joe.

..of course I'll cry if we just end up getting a Hiss Tank that turns into a big ugly Cobra Commander.

I guess to me Transformers is as much about the character as it is the concept and with none of these robots being to known TF characters like I'd hoped, it kinda ruins it.

8. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

I like them, I just wish they would show up at the local Walmart. I also see a repaint of General Grivous (the non-TF one) that I'm gonna have to buy. It's a shame the local Walmart doesn't carry Star Wars figures either......

9. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now GI Joe TFs I think would work......

10. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    hell yeah!

But let the TF guys design them so they work. Also don't make them gi joe charachters, just generic robots or TF characters. That way you are not trying to make Cobra Commander a Hiss Tank or something like that.

That is my main problem with the SWTF line. They make them large robots of the SW charachters. It just doesn't work IMO. If they were made to be generic bots that would be better.

11. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I personally think that a generic bot would be the best way to go. I don't know how it would go over to have Optimus transform into the Millenium Falcon or something like that. I really love the idea of the Star Wars chracters piloting them, but just make them be general mech bots.

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the Shuttle and EP3 fighter Bot mods looks just fine (one even looks Jetfireish). See my only problem with this like is that they made the bot modes character from the movies. They should have done like Transformer characters and then they wouldn't have to have worked in the ridiculous color scheme from Luke and Vader. That's why the Shuttle and Fighter look good, because they look just like Transformers. The story could have revolved around a group of TFs scanning a kid's room or something more drastic like stumbling into a transwarp wave and ending up in the SW universe, and therefor, taking on disguises. They could have even gone REAL crazy and said that Prowl was actually the Xwing Wedge flew and never knew it, and Ironhide took on the form of the Falcon in return of the Jedi, and snuck Hans Falcon back to him during the celebration. That would have given some cool images to fanboys, and allowed for the Bot modes to look less stupid (on some cases ie. Luke and Vader)

13. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    When do we get to see the *real* Transformers?

14. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    It's clear to see now that what this line is really all about is giving popular Star Wars characters a chance to try out new clothing styles that they would never normally be allowed out in.
    First Chewie with his sombero and now the Emporer in a skirt...

15. JunkionExchange

JunkionExchange Banned

Sad really they keep getting Fuglier too bad they take up so much space on The toy asile with all the cybertron and starwars stuff just sitting there my Wallyworld won't put out anything new

16. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Today?

17. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Yup, in a couple hours.

18. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    point being, these don't count, sillies.

19. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:

Both my Luke and Darth Vader are floppy. In robot mode, floppy, in alt mode, floppy. Luke can't hold his lightsaber up but in one position, Darth's hands are so misshapen and stiff that it feels like I'm going to break them to get him to hold it. His "cape" won't stay on unless I'm supposed to use some glue or chewing gum to keep it there, and the "launching" action of the missiles barely clears the launcher.

Maybe I got two bum options, but somebody's gotten 30 dollars of my toy money, and won't be getting any more from this line. Especially with the looks of some of the others. I like the look of the alt modes, but I'm not dropping 15 bucks on a toy that's not going to do what's advertised to my satisfaction.

20. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

You just called them Darth and Luke, instead of "Darth's robot" or "Lukes Xwing."

For me, personally, what you said up there is my biggest gripe with this line. The idea that these are supposed to be piloted mecha goes out the window when they look like a bigger version of the character wearing robot armor, and with his head transplanted on. I admit that thats how I also refer to each toy, but it kills the line for me, as I cant stop thinking of them as giant robots but instead as some TMNT mutant-former throwbacks.

I also cant help but thing that if they had actual Transformer heads the fans on here would be eating them up. Some of the robot designs look pretty nice, and are really articulated... and SW ships are alot different from your fantasy Cybertronian vehicles or boxy Earth cars. As Transforming Star Wars vehicles, I dont see how they could be done any better, and I'm definitely going to be picking up Jango/Fett (there I go again :D  ), Palpatine, the Clone Trooper, and Maul- but I still think the heads are silly. They might as well have sculpted fur and hair onto the Millenium Falcon.