New Studio Series 2022 Reveals

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by JonzyYT, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Final Knight

Final Knight Starscream stole my Ice Cream

People making fun of anything that looks out-of-the-norm is exactly why we will never get anything beyond 40 year old G1 rehashes. 

• Like Like x 11
  2. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

To be fair, in this case it is a bit of a lump of nothing. I don’t even think it has been said what it was meant to be, if they came out and said it was a Cybertronian hover tank or hovercraft then that’s different.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Taranza

Taranza Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TBH I rather have something unique like this than another cassette player, atleast with this I can imagine it as an hovercraft

• Like Like x 6
  4. DrBach

DrBach New Member

YouTube (Old):
    Fake chest? Bruh

5. Final Knight

I would hardly call it a "lump of nothing". It has a very futuristic looking aesthetic with tech noir design. And the fact that they didn't officially state what it is, means it can be whatever your imagination wants it to be. Whether it's hovercraft, hovertank or a space fighter. Personally to me it looks like a sci-fi version of an aircraft like "THE BAT" from Dark Knight Rises.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Houndini

Houndini Hound. That's all. Thank you for your time.

I think the alt mode is fine, kind of looks like some sort of space speeder you'd see in a Star Wars movie or something. At the very least it still looks like something, unlike the stunning Siege rectangle (which I also think has its own charm, but thats neither here nor there;) ).

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, that "alt mode" is an unmitigated disaster. He transforms from Soundwave into Soundwave-doing-yoga. I can't see any excuse for that level of laziness by the designers.

The completely pointless "faux windshield" makes it extra hilarious. He literally turns into nothing, but they couldn't use the real chest plate??
    I like transformers to actually have a proper alternate mode. I would be fine with Soundwave turning into a hovercraft, aircraft, ground vehicle, satellite dish, radio tower, computer server, cell phone, carrier pigeon, or whatever else they think of, as long as it looks good. Let's not pretend this looks good; that'll only encourage Hasbro to be lazier. :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  8. RoboW4rrior298

Going to play devils advocate here and suggest it might have been a bit difficult to make it look even okay considering the real one is designed to hold core class Ravage first and foremost.

• Like Like x 3
  9. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    Does the alt mode remind anyone else of the TX-130 Saber-Class Fighter Tank from Star Wars? I kinda dig that. It's halfway between that and a Space Invader.
    CW_Tank.jpg images.png
    It's a mess of a mode but the bot mode is what's most important here so I can live with it, it's not like I'm going to display it in alt mode. Honestly if his shoulder cannon could be mounted on top like the barrel of a cannon for a better hovertank mode, I think myself and a lot of others would be more okay with it.

• Like Like x 11
  10. RoboW4rrior298

!!! I knew it was something like that, I couldn’t place my finger on it. It’s the way his knees end up sticking out like the tank. Awesome.

• Like Like x 4
  11. TheTornSideswipeFan

TheTornSideswipeFan Well-Known Member

I dunno, I feel like them being too much like a regular conventional vehicle takes me out of the "Alien" experience, like the dev team really doesn't care about pre-Earth and just decides to make something like "Here you go, space cabover", or "Here you go, a Sideswipe that turns into a Space Lambo" like they did with Siege, my enjoyment of Siegeswipe and Siege-imus Prime be darned.

Besides that, it seems like Studio Series isn't caring about the Vehicles as much anymore as they do design accuracy on the Bot Modes with sacrifices being made to vehicle modes never designed nor thought of (yet the fans constantly complain about because this is TRANSFORMERS and designs with no alt modes must transform into an alt mode in their collective headcanon), otherwise they'd try to spring for more licenses for vehicles they could get or would stop skirting around the fact for many non-General Motors Vehicles.

• Like Like x 4
  12. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    Right? I love the TX-130 so I couldn't help but think of it immediately with these new pictures. It's not the best mode out there but I don't hate it. Honestly, I think it's a marked improvement over the awful hover box from WfC:Siege.

• Like Like x 1
  13. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jem'Hadar Vanguard temporal warship Soundwave... go!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually considering the constraints it's extremely inspired.

Constraints:
    1.) Huge cavity that can only be used for double sized tape: Core Ravage. Success

2.) Perfect bot mode, since he never transformed in the movie. Exceeded

3.) Voyager Scale and Price. Success

4.) Cybertronian alt mode. Decepticons tend to fly, so likely will be a floating or flying vessel of any shape. Success

An alt mode inspired by the original Tapedeck alt and scifi antigrav vehicles like the Starwars Snowspeeder. It's the perfect alt mode.

People call this uninspired yet I see complex engineering here that seems to also increase bot mode pose-ability.

I think it's perfect, people are unwilling to really think it through.

• Like Like x 6
  15. RoboW4rrior298

Personally I didn’t mind the hover box as you say, I’m not a huge fan on transformers having alt modes that don’t really enable them to get around on their own. It seems kinda pointless to me, so I love to see Shockwave, Megatron and Soundwave as well as others get alt modes likes tanks and planes because it just works.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    Heh. He turns into a slab. He’s a slab granite. heheh.

I can’t tell if this post is for or against PVP, but regardless, it’s true that he never stops speaking throughout his entire videos.

17. HAL237

HAL237 Star Saber Backer #1

News Credits:
    The reason why we’re making fun of it is because it is so clearly just a robot doing yoga, with an inexplicable faux “cockpit” to give the impression it’s some type of alien vehicle, despite the visible limbs and hollow gaps galore. It’s even worse than the Siege figure in this regard.

It’s just lazy. I understand it’s a tough task giving an alt mode to a kibble-less bot design that never transformed in the film, but they really didn’t try in this case.

• Like Like x 3
  18. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    We're all buying it for the bot mode, but glad to see his alt in the flesh.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Final Knight

So the problem with this is that it doesn't have a complicated over 30 steps transformation? :lol  If you want to see a lazy alt mode design look no further than siege relector, that looks like absolutely nothing. This Soundwave on the other hand actually have an aesthetic design that it can actually be sci-fi aircraft or a hover tank.

It definitely looks like a next gen version of a Star Wars vehicle. Functionality wise it is very akin to a Hoth Snowspeeder.

• Like Like x 3
  20. RoboW4rrior298

If anything it’s worse there wasn’t a better attempt considering he wasn’t designed with an alt mode in mind. They had free reign to do whatever with him and this is what they came up with? I’m surprised we’re getting him and the other Cybertron bots at all.