New Studio Series 2022 Reveals

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by JonzyYT, Nov 9, 2021.

1. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

News Credits:
    I think it and the front wheels store inside the chest/body in robot mode

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lizerd

Lizerd Well-Known Member

3. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

These are for sure going to be fighting Legacy for my money. I can't help but think they're winning even though I was thrilled with a few Legacy toys. This is like High Moon with some extra G1 flavoring and a dash of Bay. This has to be the most gorgeous look I've seen for toys. And they don't even look that good in the movie.

Only things not working for me are Soundwave's alt mode and Ravage. Ravage has a massive undercarriage that obliterates the toy's silhouette. Siege had a better alt mode for Soundwave. At least that looked like some blocky waste disposal vessel or drop ship. This looks like it's trying to be a Star Wars snowspeeder but bless the poor thing, it just can't do it. Also, Brawn's face reads to me a bit like the Fallen's but I'm sure that'll be cleared up with in hand images.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I think it's on the other end of his neck, like forms his "spine", given where it sits in the alt mode, looks like it sticks out from his collar area

• Like Like x 2
  5. octobotimus

octobotimus Lost in space

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hm ratchets the only one that feels off with the hollowness and missing paint apps. Ratchet is missing red hands, red stripes above the knee and grey at the upper thighs. I knew he had less red than I remember.
    1651B09F-CC44-4573-A05F-8D85920DBB12.jpeg 6D533C76-7A6E-4189-851D-7CB1F2FDE383.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  6. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really like that Brawn and Wheeljack! I'm a little less sold on Ratchet, and pretty happy with the Soundwaves I've got. But the Bee movie aesthetic is really nice.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd just like to add that Ratchet's head makes a much better Prowl than it does Ratchet, in my opinion. The rounder helmet and sharper crest lend to that.

8. iamdarthyoshi

iamdarthyoshi This is where the fun begins

Damn, the bot modes on all these guys are solid. Soundwave and Ravage turn into...something? Will still probably get most of them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

Soundwave literally transforms into a cybertronian floor tile. But that bot mode is lit! Buying for sure.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Masktique

Masktique #1 Sideways Fan

News Credits:
    Already thought Wheeljack looked great, Brawn looks fantastic and fresh, Core Class Shockwave is a no brainer.

I really do like Soundwave’s robot mode, but I’ll need to see more of him. Ravage is obviously reliant on Soundwave.

For Ratchet, I’m personally hoping for some of the generic Autobot repaints.

• Like Like x 1
  11. IDWDrift

IDWDrift Well-Known Member

YouTube (Old):
    He’s obviously trolling. First he makes fun of G1ers (SS86 Ironhide Thread) and now makes fun of die-hard Bayverse fans.

To be fair, he does make his act believable.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Houndini

Houndini Hound. That's all. Thank you for your time.

The amount of people complaining about Shockwave:D  You all know that we are still getting the voyager/leader right? Theres only so many characters that naturally fit in core class, there needs to be filler, or else core class would be pretty short lived, hence why we got core Optimus and Megatron alongside Rattrap and Vertebreak in Kingdom. Besides that, it gives a second option to people who either have a smaller amount of space, don't have the budget for the larger figures, or just want a fun little desk piece.
    Satire....I hope?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Goldenclaw55

Goldenclaw55 Combaticon

News Credits:
    Incredible. Almost want them to make a slight remold of Optimus to do a Cybertron version, and maybe give us a better headsculpt.

• Like Like x 2
  14. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Anyone else read “You like reveals?!” as a very passive aggressive tone in their heads :lol  :rolleyes:  I guess they have a right though—I’m sure there’s lots of object throwing in Pawtucket when PvP uploads a video...

These do look incredible. Hollow thighs glaring at me like whoa, but other than that (and Soundwave’s questionable “alt” mode) no complaints :eek: :D  funny how two versions of Cybertronian Soundwave have gotten the shaft now. First a flying brick, now a guy that just lay back on the floor in a weird yoga pose...

• Like Like x 3
  15. jimmyh

jimmyh TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    My favorite part of this line is that they are making it SOOOO much easier for me to quit collecting Generations toys.

16. openchallenge

openchallenge Shelves interlinked.

So that's the rumored core Shockwave? Good, CW Legends is fine with Kingdom core figs anyway. The deluxe and Voyagers look neat but I didn't get Studio Series Optimus and Starscream.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The shoulders, flanks, and knee joints proper need more gray as well. The internals weren't so white in the film but the toy cast it all in white leading to the quite blinding look I think

• Like Like x 3
  18. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Has likely offended u. Sorry!

Pretty meh.

I love Ratchet's alt mode... but the rest are kinda meh. Brawn looks great... for those that like the movie faces. :puke: 

Good thing: the higher prices are tough on my budget, so these releases will save me a ton! Go, Hasbro! :D 

19. IronWaveJRG

IronWaveJRG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Looking at Shockwave's tank mode. I wouldn't be surprised if a full Voyager sized BB Shockwave ends up being yet another retool of ROTF Megatron, just like the DOTM Shockwave. I can see some nodds to the latter's engineering, such as the legs or the backpack.
    All they'd have to do is rework the arms so they become the back tank treads, have the cannon as a separate accesory you simply plug on top of the tank, and have the chest be a piece you fold up in tank mode to cover his head

20. Galavard

Galavard Member

If the white was more of a gray on soundwave and also soundwave hands are going to be like kingdom cyclonus did.