New story and character details for TF5

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokescreen, Jun 14, 2016.

1. general saberwi

general saberwi legoformer

This smells like a load of bull. The names look like the preliminary ones they've had in other movies, like how Rampage was Skipjack in ROTF. It's interesting, but I'm not trusting it.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    As shown in the leak from the Hasbro website, they try to use names like that to hide the true characters...but given they did Rocky names last time, it only confirms the legitimacy of the facts if not the names.

3. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    -Bay destroying the roots of the Transformers franchise in broad strokes. If he brings Merlin into this...

4. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If he brings Merlin (Merklynn) into this it very well maybe Hasbro's bright idea. This sounds as if they're planning on using this to tie the Visionaries into the Hasbro universe they want.

BTW, the only way the Hasbro Universe is a good idea is if it doesn't take it self remotely seriously. (which would pretty much require a fresh start with a goofier version of Tformers)

5. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even more goofier?thats not possible

6. Pavol Palat

Pavol Palat Palatinus

News Credits:
    Regarding the TF movies, I was always hyped more for the toys than for the movie (action, CGI, story). But AoE very much disappointed the toy fan in me, seeing how the toys were simplistic, underpainted and out of scale with the previous movies. The omission of HA-scale toys was also a real downer.

I will be approaching the Last Knight with severe reservations. Those alt modes that were leaked so far are sooooo nice and cool, but I worry that we will get some underrated figures and lots of kiddy crap out of it. I really hope that the HA scale/detail will see a comeback, that there will be proper leader/voyager figures that will wow the fans.
    If we end up with AoE-like half-efforts, I will just wait for the oversized KO's (M01 Commander or upscaled Hound anyone?).

7. MyloTron

MyloTron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We got wizards, Excalibur, big stone, a creator, transformers, dinosaurs, mini dinosaurs, kids, animals, all kinds of stuff, yay, sounds like a Circus party to me:music 

The great Merlin, we should get a famous magician to play that role, like that magician in Brooklyn or David Blain. Each phase getting stronger and stronger in different ways until closer with the great reveal/ climax. Oh, and if there is gonna be a movie "kicker" phase. Bam, it's for sure better than the rest of the movie.

8. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
  9. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, the established (at least the way it's been in the first 4 movies) trend is firstly, half of the characters don't even get named (nor get any speaking time) in the movies.

If they are named, what usually occurs is that the name mentioned in the film (audio or in the case of Brawl, subtitles) is different than the official name Hasbro uses on the toys. Which I assume, is partly due to lack of communication between Hasbro and the studio (as often happens due mostly to schedule and time conflicts in the frenzy of post-production), but I would also wager that Hasbro consciously changes names to recognizable ones just to sell more toys.

Just for the sake of renaming them here, big examples of this were:
    Brawl : named Devastator in the subtitles of TF1
    Wheeljack : named "Q" in the final cut of the film
    Mirage : named "Dino" in the film, due to some request from Ferrari to Michael Bay.
    Scorn : may actually be Scorn, but casually nicknamed Spike by Crosshairs at the end of the film in TF4.

10. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

okay so, merlin, aliens did it. okay. lol again?

11. harrismonkey

News Credits:
    Maybe Merlin is actually a Quintesson. (and a Visionary)

:cry :lol :cry :lol :lolol 

12. harrismonkey

News Credits:
    I would tend to agree with you, except that in ROTF and DOTM there were some stunning fight sequences. (AOE less so)

13. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

Looks like Megatron discovered he is a Predator. :inquisiti 

14. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

15. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Taken from tfwiki.net on smokescreens page:
    "According to the Transformers: Prime Season 1 DVD/Blu-ray featurettes, Smokescreen was in the original line-up for Season 1, and would've died in the Season finale. However, the character was replaced by Cliffjumper and his death was moved to the first episode."

So nope, it was meant to be smokey. However his death was meant to be at the end of the season, in assuming due to Dwayne's schedule they changed it to Cliffjumper and had him die in the first ep.

The twins fair enough but Jolt? Nah. He was clearly not intended to be there for whatever reason. No hint of him at all.

Ohh also from tf wiki:
    "On August 2, 2010, Nelson Lauren, the webmaster of Michael Bay's official website, declared on the message boards of TFW2005 that there will be "no Jolt" for Dark of the Moon.[5] Hence, in IDW's Dark of the Moon prequel, Jolt goes bye-bye. A Dark of the Moon toy was still made of him, but this is normal for the movie toy-lines"

That proof good enough? XD

16. Gieferg

Gieferg Well-Known Member

Ok, that whole Merlin news is not even funny.

17. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    It's seems the confidence shown around here toward the new writing team has been wildly misplaced! :lol 

18. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Flashbacks to A Decepticon Raider in King Arthur's Court.

Hey, why not?

19. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

:lol 

20. evac167

evac167 Stealth Transport

News Credits:
    If true, I'm gonna give it a chance. It is a good way to maybe start over some. Fix a couple past mistakes, bring back a character or 2. I'm kind of excited about it