New story and character details for TF5

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokescreen, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Lody666

Lody666 Brother of Bruticus

News Credits:
    I hope this is someone's pipe dream because otherwise, it sounds kind the absolute shits as far as the franchise goes

2. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually I bet this is true.

I just realized/looked up that there was a charachter in Visonaries named Merklynn. A lot of the visionaries characters seem to be based on the Arthur legend. Hasbro wants a combined universe. Apparently this is the start of it.

Something tells me if this is how it will be we may yet reach depths of stupidity that make ROTF look like Citizen Cane.

EDIT: I haven't actually read more than a few pages of this thread. I'm probably not the first one to put this together.

3. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm getting super tired over another Transformers-Earth tie in. This is what makes the TF movies so stale at this point.

Come on....

Also no mention of Barricade which makes this video lose credibility so to speak.

4. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout In Existential Crisis Mode

News Credits:
    If true this pretty much means TLK won't be all that different from any of the previous films. That's disappointing but not unexpected.

Just a few thoughts:

Cogman = Wheeljack? Could be a code name, but it's most likely just a placeholder for someone entirely new.

There's no way Anthony Hopkins is playing a Transformer, unless he's a human avatar of one (like the holomatter projections in TF07), in which case he's most likely Merlin.

I hope Megatron = jet fighter really means he's a stealth bomber. I so want IDW's Megatron in movieverse form. ;) 

Actually, I don't think I've seen anyone make this deduction, so you probably are the first (though I have my doubts that the TF live action movies are going to end up being included in Hasbro's shared universe).

5. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

The "plot"

IF this is to be trusted (I'm highly skeptical), it's almost like someone in the writers' room pitched, "HEY! Let's adapt the G1 episode "A Decepticon Raider In King Arthur's Court", and then everyone else agreed. No mention of any of the Decepticons that have recently been spotted in Arizona (which is doubling for South Dakota???), no mention of Quintessons, and no mentions of other key things. As far as the Dinobots, they didn't even fully develop the main ones in AOE, so why are they adding more? What about Sgt. Epps & Hardcore Eddie?

I bet the Sword of Excalibur is the Key to Vector Sigma and maybe Stonehenge is a portal to Vector Sigma. Maybe Sir Anthony Hopkins is Alpha Trion or one of the Ancient Primes before Optimus. . .

Interesting to me there's an Aston Martin Transformer-I drew a Female Autobot that turns into one a while ago. . .

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  6. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

There isn't really much here that couldn't be drawn from fan speculations and hopes based on the previous films, and what little we know of this one. However, it is stuff I could see happening.

If they really want to expand this continuity into a cinematic universe, trying to revive Cybertron is a good idea, and tying it into Merlin sounds exactly like the sort of thing these films would do. Bee having a leadership role does follow up on the end of the last film, and fits with Hasbro trying to keep all TF continuities similar. Likewise, Mini Dinobots sounds like Hasbro trying put something in the film similar to the Minicons and animal TF in RID15.

If this is all true, I'm glad we'll finally see Optimus trying to save Cybertron for once, but the idea of there being yet another ancient relic on/near Earth that could help his race is ridiculous. I'm also not thrilled about Bee getting put into a leadership role. If this happens, they had better give him a ton of character growth, as his portrayal in previous films makes me (and Drift) think he's the least deserving of leadership.

Edit: Forgot about Megatron. I'll be really happy if he's going back to his jet form.

7. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    don't worry we will see a trailer during the Super Bowl.

8. Blazatron

Blazatron Well-Known Member

So this is how they'll write visionaries into the universe I guess. Sounds lazy and hacky to me

9. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I'd prefer if they didn't. But I could say that of most choices they've made. I LOVED the designs (mostly) and fights of the first three movies, but beyond that...

10. Blazatron

Transformers and Gi Joe will be the vehicle to introduce ROM, Visionaries, Micronauts and M.A.S.K you could expect that over the next few films

11. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

Might be true but I'm doubting it. They mention cars that have yet to be seen, and say nothing of the cars that have been seen.

12. Porkulus

Porkulus Too Many Hobbies

YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, I'm not buying this. Conceptually, it's not out of question for the movie plots to be absurd, but this is really pushing it. I don't think we've seen anything so far that really matches up with this scoop either... though I could see the "garbage truck" Mercedes transforming into some sort of wizard guy.

13. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

knowing it happened in the past maybe this this time the were leaked false info on purpose.

14. Mirage00

Mirage00 Master of Hiding

um what was the point of this comment????

15. Mirage00

Mirage00 Master of Hiding

you know i would be ok with that. I dont think disney would disapoint us, just look at marvel and starwars, FANTASIC franchises. PLEASE DISNEY BUY TRANSFORMERS!!!!

16. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I'll believe it when I see it...
    Though I will say a Vespa named Squeaks would be way too adorable. But then I'd want a yellow repaint for FLCL purposes...

Also, hearing The Last Knight spoken aloud just sounds like "the last night." I can see people's reaction to the movie being "Last night was great!" or "Last night sucked."

17. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    I'd say this is too silly to be real, but.

18. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    :lol  :lolol 

YUP. Sounds more like the plot of CARS 3. Picturing a straight-up copy of that British agent guy from CARS 2 turning into a generic, mustached vaguely British old man...

AND AGAIN!!! WTF Bay, do none of the Transformers' actual names please you??? Are they too silly for you? Do they make you embarassed?? Seriously what a douche. Cogman, Squeaks??? Let's at least get some names from the like 5,000 existing Transformer names out there. I think that's pretty much the bare minimum when it comes to caring...

I mean for f***'s sake! I think it would seriously take less effort to open up any Transformers book, say Jim Sorenson's THE ARK, flip to any random page, pick any random name, and say, yup, this Aston Martin will be CAMSHAFT. Ugh. This franchise...

Edit: Also, how much you wanna bet Bay will have the Vespa's face on the back of its handles like Scooter, and have him looking up the 14-year-old's skirt?? I'm gonna say 99.999% chance.

19. Blazatron

I think you're right on the money about the Vespa

20. Angry Camaro

Angry Camaro Human Alliance

News Credits:
    Yes... but the question is why are these Ford police vehicles and not GM? HMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm...