New stock photos of Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Aug 12, 2016.

1. captain N

captain N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rodimus looks good but Galvatron looks like there was no real work put in to him.

2. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is long overdue. Maybe they're trying to get us to buy this set with all the movie nostalgia going on (not, NOT happenin'), and then reveal a new Rodimus Prime, later.,

3. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    The decos are not bad by any means. But I did have the original release of that Titanium Rodimus mold and back then it was just not a very good figure. The gun wouldn't stay plugged in and he had trouble staying pegged together in places so I ended up selling it a long time ago. Galvatron was no picnic either but in my experience, he was at least a better figure than Titanium Rodimus.

Don't know if it would have been possible because of eHobby/Takara, but I would have rather seen this set have Cloud Rodimus instead of the Titanium mold. I think Cloud serves better as a temporary Rodimus Prime than this mold.

4. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    While I said I would buy anything Rodimus, I will definitely not buy these Titanium sets. Don't need another Deluxe Rodimus. While I will buy TR Hot Rod, I want a new, fresh Voyager Rodimus Prime. I thought maybe I could use MP Hot Rod as a Rodimus Prime stand-in, but he's too big. He's larger than Classics Optimus Prime.

5. Blot

Blot The most disgusting of all Transformers.

News Credits:
    I might be interested in this on deeeeeeeeeeeeep discount/clearance. Hopefully it is exclusive to someplace that engages in such discounts.

6. soundwave144

soundwave144 #1 Best, good friend of Soundwave on the planet.

News Credits:
    yeah, don't they know that a tank mortar barrell is supposed to be made into the turrent, not on top of it like a machine gun???

furthermore; watch the rubberized gun for rodimus be bent in the package, therefore making it be permanently bent and curving to one side or the other like the one that I have... lolz!!

rodimus/hot rod is my fave autobot, and I have a pretty substantial collection of him, but while it is a good deco...have you ever handled titanium rodimus? hes a mess... I HIGHLY suggest you give him a go in person before committing to buying this possibly expensive set.
    and by the way, the galvatron mold is pretty bad also and is hard to make stand in a dynamic pose. I used to have him too but sold him. I'm not trying to tell you what to do, only to educate and help you make a more informed decision.

7. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I'm guessing because the Springer mold had already been used for Springer and the Galvatron mold is still too new. You will note that they went with the old Blurr and Scourge molds as well instead of the superior and more accurate Titans Returns mold. They could have also gone with Combiner Wars Optimus Prime since they used Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus but they instead went with Classics Optimus Prime.

8. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    That metallic blueish purple on Galvatron is mesmerizing....

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Ugh.

I still can't believe they went with this instead of the Energon molds.

Now that I would have bought easily.

That'd be amazing.

10. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hmmm, no thanks. I've already got the universe Galvatron, and while he's not everyones cup of tea I like him for what he is. He was good enough six years ago as a standard release, but now when we have the TR version, and this is a premium set? You're having a laugh!

11. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I beg to differ about Rodimus. He sucks not because of the metal but because his horrible proportions with his head and chest jutting forward past his waist. Oh, and his chest flips up with his arms if you try to swing them up. If they redesigned his torso, he could be decent, but the metal in his legs are fine.

Either way, this is an easy pass. Both these molds were hard to like and accept when they came out, let alone years later.

12. signals3

signals3 Frightfully Important

News Credits:
    Ugh. Why?
    I have been griping about the Platinum stuff forever...and my gripes were confirmed by a loose tongued Hasbro guy at Botcon this year....some sets are fine...the cone heads in a box is cool, and Trypticon, but a lot are just way too expensive for such recent figures...and Titanium Rodimus is such a clunky toy, not to mention shrunken Voyager class Galvatron...now, the Target movie set with Magnus etc looks great...but this...is a reach.

13. Turakonin Prime

Turakonin Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Um. Lol I've never owned that Rodimus mold. So that's a new turd for me, no need to polish. Granted still a turd. Better than the new TR voyager Galvatron. That thing is trash. I destroyed, dissected , and redistributed him to other worthy trash bots. Lol

14. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I can't help but LOL at the mistransformed tank mode.

15. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Is that MP-10's matrix?

16. Slipstreaming

Slipstreaming Member

All they had to do was make a Titans Return voyager Rodimus Prime to go with Galvatron in wave 1 instead of Sentinel Prime.

Oh I'm sorry, that makes too much sense for Hasbro, the company that is giving us Headmasters with no body to go with it.

17. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Can't recall the last time a Titanium figure saw the light of day...

.... Should have stayed in the dark.

Galvatron isn't bad. Nice shiny finish. But still, this set just doesn't seem worth it. I would have preferred classics Hot Rod or hell, I would have taken a Legends version from any series.

18. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

I would have liked this set to be g1 reissues. Both molds are still around, and with movie anniversary, it'd be fitting. Granted, neither toy (in their respective g1 versions) are really all that spectacular, but both are exponentially better than these 2. Plus, a reissue set would bring in WAY more money than this garbage.
    I have them both - they're not that great. There's nothing about either figure that says platinum other than the price.

19. UltraMagnanimus

UltraMagnanimus Fully Articulated. NOW WITH LIGHTS AND SOUNDS!

So they take two sh@tty figures, put em in a huuuge shiny box and charge extra for them. Does it come with a free bottle of snake oil too?

20. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hope so. Even if they call him Hot Rod because of the trademark being obtained again, at least make a Rodimus figure.