New Siege Figures- Omega, Commander Jetfire, and Deluxes Mirage and Impactor

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mr. Chaos, Feb 6, 2019.

1. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is this Aimless Misfire guy not yet tired of being the laughing stock of the boards?

Ummm, buy a reprolabels insignia sheet, slap a bot symbol on it, problem solved.

2. Digger

Digger Collecting with the goal of no end

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Nah I don’t think so. It’s kinda admirable.

3. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Gunpla and Cow Master

So Invisible Mirage has the G1 toy\'s head... and Impactor just has caution tape stripes and a new symbol...?   

• Like Like x 1
  4. Digger

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Also a new head. Didn’t know about Mirage though.

5. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

Starting to like the cut of Impactor's jib more and more. Yeah, the visibly hollow parts kinda blow, but his proportions, head sculpt and especially his alt. mode look really nice. The figure's probably not gonna make it to a lot of people's "Best of Siege\WfC" lists, but now I feel like I want to buy this figure because I actually like what I see, not just because I don't think we'll get another official, non-repaint\retool Impactor anytime soon.

• Like Like x 2
  6. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Well it makes sense that Impactor would stand with his friend. Even Orion Pax supported Megatron at first until things got out of hand. Perhaps it could be a battle with Mirage where Impactor finally decides that he knows the Decepticons are wrong and defects to the Autobots.

It's kind of fun that these toys are somewhat story driven, just like Jetfire having flipping symbols to recreate his "I'm an Autobot now!" moment.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Digger

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    It’s toys with story motivation. Or if you play the TCG/read the comics it’s story with toy motivation.

8. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Guess who got a super early review?

• Like Like x 4
  9. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  10. Minibots

Minibots The New Order.

I don’t have much interest in Mirage or Impactor. Though, that Jetfire and Omega Supreme is impressive.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Digger

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    It’s yah boi.

12. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Gunpla and Cow Master

D'oh.. I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it... This got the comic accurate helmet.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ADavis

ADavis Well-Known Member

I think the "worst" part about Siege is the fact that the line is so good. Looking at the Decepticons I have right now (Megatron, Soundwave, Shockwave, Starscream, 3x Refracktor, Brunt, Ravage, Lazerbeak and Skytread) they are all so good. Like, what's the weak link there? The Price/Extra parts on Shockwave? The Chest hinge on Starscream? No tail on Ravage? Its a line filled to the brim with great stuff. Here I am, someone who never really cares for the Rainbow of seekers beyond the main 3 or the tetrajet alt mode, and am eagerly waiting to find the Rainmakers set. That's why Chromia stands out so much for me. Its not that she is that bad of a figure, its just every one else is just that good.

I know some people are not happy with the two impactors, but this is Transformers. There are twins, Clones, Time travel, Alternate Dimensions and all sorts of Craziness! I was going to pass on the set first for the whole duplicate reason, but I wanted Aragon and my Wife thought Holo Mirage was awesome.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Completely agree man!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Digger

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Impactor’s been in nothing but comics lol.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The UK comics were my G1. I was a bit disappointed that some of my favourite characters' cartoon counterparts seemed to be a bit (or a lot) less interesting than the ones from the comics. And quite a few were missing altogether.

I'll certainly be looking out for that Impactor/Mirage box set now. I'll be renaming 'Decepticon Impactor' Kiloton (IDW version), though.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I honestly don't get the complaints. He looks fantastic.

Ironhide size is amazing. Yes he'll be too short compared to T30 Springer, but he's a big chunky Deluxe just like he should be and I'm here for it. That head and colour-scheme is just perfect, looks right out of the Wreckers saga. The three-pack version answers all my disappointments with the regular release and then some.

That is indeed the story they're running with; the Wreckers are Decepticons and Mirage is convincing them to join the Autobots by battling their leader. That's what they presented the reason for the two-pack was back during the voting period.

Its just an odd storyline. The Wreckers have always represented the darker side of the Autobots, having them be Decepticon turn-coats kind of downplays that to me. And if IDW Impactor had ever been a Decepticon, there would've been no way at some point it didn't get brought up in the Wreckers saga.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Indubitably. For me, this was simply a case of “the mold doesn’t work, so don’t bother.” (Which isn’t to say I’m not glad for those happy to get this figure. It just means that, for me, it may as well not exist)

19. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Hang on, I thought about TonTon's review of Mirage and it just hit me. Aren't the wheels in Mirage's lower legs supposed to collapse? Because the Takara stock image has the wheels collapsed way more:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Or maybe I'm seeing things...:confused: 

EDIT: Seeing Tonton's review and yeah, I think he missed a step. The stock photos heavily imply the wheels in the lower legs can collapse further.

• Like Like x 2
  20. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:

They haven't always been the darker side of the Autobots. The original Marvel UK blend play more like the Green Berets compared to how LSotW presented them as the Suicide Squad. But the originals would have fought for what they thought was right, and when the war started, the Decepticons seemed like they were actually the good guys and their rebellion was just, so a lot of bots supported them at first only to later find out how wrong they were. I mean the story will play out as expected: Mirage fights Impactor, Impactor wins probably but reveals to have been conflicted by the actions of the Decepticons anyway so he knows Mirage is right and he and the Wreckers join up with the real good guys.

So it makes sense, and even if it didn't happen that way in the original IDW run (which spent enough time reflecting on all the horrible things Impactor did in the war as it is), oh well, it's happening that way in the new WFC trilogy fiction now.

• Like Like x 2