New Siege Figures- Omega, Commander Jetfire, and Deluxes Mirage and Impactor

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mr. Chaos, Feb 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    can you elaborate? I think he looks good, but no better then any of the best of PW3 like Sixshot and Triggerhappy?

• Like Like x 1
  2. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Sure! Overall, Siege has thicker plastic (I love Triggerhappy, but that grey is transparent in places), less hollow parts, paint apps instead of stickers (the only good one with stickers I got was Black Shadow, the rest of them from Prime Wars had stickers peeling and creased out of the box), better articulation (Prime wars very occasionally had ankle tilts, whereas I think everything deluxe and above in Siege has ankle tilts and there are even some wrist swivels), and the Siege figures aren't tarnished by intrusive gimmicks so the sculpts are very on-point. On top of that, you have a ton of customizability in terms of accessories with the Weaponizers, blast effects, etc. Jetfire looks like all of the best characteristics of Siege concentrated inside one figure and on top of that he's huge and well-priced.

• Like Like x 1
  3. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Hard to disagree with any of the above. Yet I got the majority of Prime Wars figures, and am probably going to pass on most of Siege....

4. UltraMagnanimus

UltraMagnanimus Fully Articulated. NOW WITH LIGHTS AND SOUNDS!

The only weird thing is that spring loaded part of the backpack is up against the rest of the toy in both modes so I wonder how it's meant to operate?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. LockdownTF

LockdownTF Well-Known Member

is that just an edit/sticker or does the symbol flip between autobot/decepticon?

6. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

Soo If Japan get's a july release, what does that make for overseas? I thought Hasbro had their versions come out first.

• Like Like x 1
  7. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We don't know with 100% certainty at the moment. Personally, when I look closely, I see what I think is the outer edge of a sticker. And I don't see a panel that can flip. But others have said they see those panel lines around the faction symbol as evidence of a panel that can flip. (I just see a single molded piece, myself, but I can't be 100% sure.)

• Like Like x 1
  8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It might just wind up being a hatch for his head to tuck into or something, and then it's spring-loaded so that the doors automatically fold out to cover the hole.

• Like Like x 1
  9. artiepants

News Credits:
    fair enough! I've been so put off by the reduced sizes, nonsensical alt modes (something Jetfire's certainly not guilty of!) and spattery messy paint and high prices that most of that hasn't come across. and yeah, the stickers sucked. forgot about that. I really hope the nasty paint doesn't ruin Jetfire for me, it looked pretty bad in the renders...

• Like Like x 1
  10. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    As long as it's paint on white plastic, and not paint on white paint on some other type of plastic, then it should be easily removable.

11. artiepants

News Credits:
    yeah, but i'm just not doing that (personally):p  ~ i don't get how some figures (notably the deluxes, particularly Flywheels) have nice, well thought out wear around the areas that should have wear, then the voyagers look like they got in front of a manure spreader :confused: 

• Like Like x 1
  12. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Once I've finally achieved my goal of getting Hasbro to never put stickers on toys again (I imagine that this is only a temporary respite), I will, of course, turn my attention to annihilating the use of that horrible pre-applied weathering paint.

Greebles go next.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

I’ve honestly been happy paying more for seige figures mostly because of no stickers.

I consider the higher quality and reduced gaps as gravy.

14. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    How does that Jetfire figure scale? It won’t scale properly with MPs right?

15. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    He'll be too small for the "holy scale chart", if that's what you care about. But he'll still be large enough to stand taller than most everybody, short of Combiners/Cities, if that's good enough for you. Although it might get dicier if you throw the Dinobots into the mix, depending on your preference of the MP-style options there. He'd probably look notably undersized compared to Gigapower's Dinos.

• Like Like x 1
  16. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

I do think the deluxes are a bit too small for my collection, but Prime's the best voyager Hasbro's released since T30 Springer. I have been collecting mostly third party figures, MP stuff, and older Reveal The Shield era figures and he's up there in quality with them...plus he's way cheaper. I'm sure there'll be a messy-paint-free version somewhere down the line, but I personally like the battle damage as it highlights the details. Despite being a fair bit smaller than I'd like, Hound is still a good little deluxe and is definitely made better than anything from Prime Wars. Hound holds a pose, he's got a ton of articulation, great paint apps, and battle damage in places that make sense...I have few complaints, so he'd be a good figure to check out if the voyagers aren't doing it for ya. I think I'll like him even better once I get Cog to boost his height, so he may be a worthwhile purchase as well.

17. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Holy crap! Jetfire is 127 dollars on Ami
    :jawdropper: 

18. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    As with the rest of Siege (and previously, with PotP), there's really no reason to go TakaraTomy with the toy, unless you're in one of those weird territories where shipping a Hasbro figure to you is roughly equivalent to the high base price of the TT release.

• Like Like x 4
  19. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How about you order the Hasbro release which is only $80.

• Like Like x 4
  20. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    He fits in perfectly with Siege's unified scale(about 1:36), but falls very short with MPs. =(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.