New Siege Figures- Omega, Commander Jetfire, and Deluxes Mirage and Impactor

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mr. Chaos, Feb 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Neither does Optimus Prime (aside form some extra junk bolted to his truck mode) or Sideswipe or really even Hound.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel like MPM Megs wishes he had Omega's rocket in his hands.

IMG_6418.JPG IMG_6417.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  3. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Hasbro will never do a bunch of walking torture devices who are based on Stalinists to boot. Never. Not for a mass market toyline and a comic book as niche as were IDW books won't be taken as seriously as were blockbuster movies (regardless of how silly those movies were at times). Period.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome to Siege where all the Autobots have cybertronian altmodes that are nearly identical to their Earth modes for.... REASONS!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Eh not really. His biggest drawback is the stock titanmaster they gave him. Aside from that there are things he does better than the siege one like waist swivel, cockpit not extending between his legs, clear plastic for windows etc. overall they both look pretty good. Hell I may even get siege jetfire and leave him in g1 toy bot mode using skycrusher as Skyfire and siege as jetfire and have them be brothers. Would be an excuse to have both

• Like Like x 1
  6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's my thought as well. That C-shaped channel along his back would be unnecessary otherwise, and the middle chunk of the rocket just seems to vanish if you don't take that into consideration.

I like how they've preserved Omega's overall play pattern but greatly minimized the partsforming aspect.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bravemaximike

Bravemaximike Road Warrior

20181222_160514.jpg

I had this on my phone, a few weeks ago I threw together some Season 1 and 2 guys after getting the first wave of Siege guys.
    It shows CW Jetfire next to Siege Optimus (Voyager).
    So you're telling me this new Siege Skyfire is bigger than CW Jetfire?
    Cuz that's awesome!

8. User_124141

User_124141 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]If you look closely by his shoulders you can see a ring around them and that is where I think the arms pop out and then the fold into the rocket

• Like Like x 2
  9. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    HasbrOmega is ok but he is no Gabriel or Terminus. But they are catering to different markets and an expected level of detail.

With that said I will sure pick up 3 of them at Ollie's for 50 bucks for sentinel repaints without thinking twice.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Altihex

Altihex Well-Known Member

Omega - Pre-ordered ASAP. He'll be stupidly hard to find after the initial release, and I'm NOT making the mistake I made with earlier Titans by buying aftermarket.

I get the thing about his face - but, tbh, Omega's face has often suffered, IMO. And digital renders aren't always proof positive.

Mirage - looking good. Legs look a bit spindly, but again, digital render. Alt-mode does scream "20-years-ahead-in-Terran-automotive-design," but then again, that can be said of Sideswipe (to the good, IMO), or Prowl (... not so much to the good).

Jetfire - I can take or leave. Excellent version of the character, and AFA his weaponed-up form ... well, isn't that Siege's whole POINT, to be able to create stupidly-over-gunned characters in their "last stand before the ship takes off"? :p 

Impactor - bought. The hand transformation allowing the harpoon is genius, and the TFCC figure's too stupidly expensive (and doesn't hold his weapons very well, tbh) to satisfy the public demand.

AFA the legs, A - probably part of the transformation, and we've not yet seen he definitively lacks ankle tilt, and B - what about Siege Hound? His legs fold together in a really rather innovative way, IMO, and they certainly seem hollow ... yet there's little chorus of complaint about him.

Here's hoping we get at least a hint of Wheeljack, also. I am not believing for an instant that the fan vote eliminated any hope of getting Wheeljack, especially since we've seen him on Siege promo art; it'd be Hasbro throwing money away, and the Greenlight reveal proved they're listening to fans (albeit slowly).

• Like Like x 2
  11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, pretty sure that's just the middle portion of the rocket, and remains static with the shoulder joints attached, the shoulders and elbows collapse into the forearms.

• Like Like x 6
  12. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    Since we're now up to 35 pages of replies...which one o' y'all called these DX9 ripoffs? You 'bout the biggest fool I ever did read. There ain't words in the dictionary for how thick your head is. I ain't got my spit out, so I can't roast you.

Strictly speaking, if anyone ripped off anyone here, it's the other way around. DX9 ripped off Hasbro's IP to make their own figures, and being that Hasbro has the rights (and a big ol' tome of every 3P figure produced to date), they can do whatever they damn well please, which, in this case, means taking something y'all like and making it smaller (so it fits in your pocket), more affordable (so you don't have to pay $80 plus BBTS' weirdo taxes), and most importantly, official (because if you don't support the big lad, where are the poor 3P lads gonna get all their inspiration?).

• Like Like x 2
  13. Chris Bot

Chris Bot AutoChrisbot

News Credits:
    Jetfire and Omega look like huge greebly messes.

I love it, buying them both.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

What the hell are you talking about? Their Omega's design looks nor functions ANYWHERE like this Omega.

Stop trolling.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Logos Minor

Logos Minor Enabler

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 16
  16. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

I don't know, they both look really restrained after what we saw with Siege so far. So restrained that I actually like how these guys look (I hate the over greebling on Siege enough that I haven't bought any).

• Like Like x 1
  17. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    Apologies, I had no intent to troll. There was someone here earlier in the day who implied Siege Mirage was copying DX9 Invisible.

18. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i seriously doubt that will be the case at all. none of the previous big bot releases have done anything other than warm shelves. all of them just collect dust in stores before they go to rock bottom discounts. omega will be no different

now if the made a scorponok that might be a completely different story. since we are all basically waiting for that one. but he will end up at 50 just like the rest.

19. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Omega’s face... woof!

20. User_124141

User_124141 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.