New Siege Figures- Omega, Commander Jetfire, and Deluxes Mirage and Impactor

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mr. Chaos, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think it could manage a ship mode, but look at the legs. There's more going on here.

2. James Sutterlin

James Sutterlin Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Mother of God! Omega. Ohhhh maaaannnn. Impactor too. Close to getting a offical wreckers set. 

• Like Like x 3
  3. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Siege Jetfire is virtually the same size as CW Jetfire from given details.....

EDIT: NOPE, I'm wrong, The base Jetfire is gonna be an inch or so taller then the CW one with the backpack making it 11 inches tall.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. fpjones3

fpjones3 Well-Known Schmuck

Depends on how well it translates to a figure. We might be looking at an $80 figure with 5-7 POA.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

5. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    Omega looks dope.

Dunno if it's been mentioned but I think you might not need to split the rocket in two for robot mode.

It looks like the part of the rocket that doesn't form the arms sits in the back of the torso. The upper arms are probably contained and slide out.

Looking forward to seeing the transformation.

• Like Like x 3
  6. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish Omega had red eyes

• Like Like x 1
  7. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I want it to be for anime dub era super mode Primes and combiner buddies.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Alexander Fedorychev

Alexander Fedorychev What am I?

News Credits:
    Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania located on Cybertron
    YouTube:
    [​IMG]
    please tell me you are joking

9. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    My bad, I don't own FM, so I did not realize the electronics were in Cerebros. Sorry.

10. ZombehDino

ZombehDino Fast as a Sharkticon

Impactor... yikes. I get that they were going for more of a Marvel look but that sculpt is so awkward, especially the face. Those hollow calves too, eesh. I thought the Generations line had moved past that.

Mirage I'm unsure about. He looks oooookay but his torso is just so wide and flat. I could see him looking better in hand but similar to Impactor the main adjective I'd use to describe him is 'awkward.'

Jetfire though? Home run. The G1 cartoon likeness is incredible and the fact that he also includes Valkyrie armor parts for the G1 toy look is just awesome. I'm really curious about what can be done with his weapons and the gimmick involving the deluxes. For the size and features he has, I honestly think the $80 price tag is pretty reasonable. Here's hoping this new Commander pricepoint continues with some other characters who fit into the "huge but not quite titan-sized" category. Broadside, Tidal Wave, and Sky Lynx would be great, please and thank you.

Omega Supreme looks really good, but I dunno if he's for me. He reminds me of TR Trypticon in that he's a dead ringer for the G1 version and looks like a super solid toy, but he's just so... boxy. And yeah, I wish he turned into the Ark.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Alexander Fedorychev

Alexander Fedorychev What am I?

News Credits:
    Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania located on Cybertron
    YouTube:
    If he transformed into the ark I would lose all my hope in Hasbro

• Like Like x 2
  12. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    based on everything itll probably end up sizing similarly to x2toys skycrusher compared to t30 jetfire
    EBD7AB8D-D8C3-4EB3-93F5-2B61592E352A.jpeg 20190115_230404611_iOS.jpg 20190131_213829181_iOS.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  13. ZombehDino

ZombehDino Fast as a Sharkticon

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Oh my god I NEED that Omega Supreme... sweet Primus words cannot describe how I feel about him. Just need Scorponok and I'll be happily done with the Titan size class.

80 dollars for Jetfire? Unless he goes on sale I'm not to worried about getting him, happy with the Generations Leader.

Impactor is okay, I love his Combiner Wars figure but I could always go for a non-combining version. But that Mirage, oh man I was so excited to see how he turned out and i can't wait to replace the Combiner Wars deluxe on my shelf.

15. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  16. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

duno if this has been brought up in the past 35 pages or so (im not checking)

but Omega's rocket mode is tall as shit, not a complaint.

But it makes me think that BOTH arms are part of the same assembly. Rather than removing the arms individually and combining them, its just one big piece. Put Omega into a T-Pose and you just pull the rocket from his back, entirely intact. (minus some transforming panels to cover the arm bits and make it a single solid tube)

• Like Like x 3
  17. LAMEZOR

LAMEZOR Member

Yo, can we get a green repaint of that Jetfire? Keep the Cybertron aesthetic coming!

• Like Like x 1
  18. artiepants

artiepants Misses readable TF comics

News Credits:
    Omega Supreme:
    Robot mode looks pretty impressive, nice and beefy and that blast effect is rad... except whatever's going on in the face... derp. Hopefully that's just a weird render thing? Alt mode on the other hand, his alt mode looks SHOCKINGLY, embarrassingly bad. The legs under the track are just terrible. But like i'd really ever transform him if I had him :p  The super short track isn't really surprising, but still kind of disappointing. :( 
    Grade: B (potential upgrade to B+ if the face looks better in person)

Jetfire:
    Holy crap he looks amazing, like he stepped out of the early issues of the Marvel comic. Jetfire being my second favorite character, I love both the ones they've done so far, but wow. this guy takes the cake. He also seems like a shot across the bow of the KO companies for all those horrible looking "Skyfire"s that have been made the last few years.

ON THE OTHER HAND, he's now basically the size of the OLD (Pre-T30) LEADER CLASS, for TWICE WHAT THAT CLASS COST* ($40) :mad:  and the extra crap he comes with actually looks like it's even lamer then Shockwave's. :rolleyes: 
    Grade: B (docking him from an A- for being absurdly over priced, and from a B+ for the gross looking "gritty" paint on his legs)

Mirage:
    Looks all around pretty great. And unlike the wave 1 bots has all of his appropriate weaponry! Really interesting arm transformation... unlike say, Sideswipe, looks like his transformation is WAY different then G1. He looks like he might be really small though.
    Grade: A-

Impactor:

looks ok. alt mode's kind of lame for a Cybertronic tank, but also fairly appropriate for the character. Color scheme is kinda terrible but also accurate. Interesting that he has an Autobot emblem... weird placement for that tampo.
    Grade: C+ (giving him a "+" for being the first proper incarnation of a cool comic character)

Countdown:
    also looks great!
    Grade: A- (docking a 1/2 point because you have to buy a $160 figure to get him :p )

Still not liking the overly greebled aesthetic of Siege, but at least Mirage and Jetfire look to be on the lesser end of the greebles. Impactor looks pretty overdone. Omega does too, but at his scale probably won't look as bad.

*and that old leader class would usually have had projectiles, lights, sounds, etc...

also (from the original commander class thread):
    Called it!!!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Stormragetron

Stormragetron Well-Known Member

mirage\'s alt mode doesn\'t look very cybertronian which seems to be quite usual for this line which is ment to be set on cybertron . That said , i don\'t dislike him .

I really like Jetfire and Impactor though . Both of those i would purchase if I see them .

20. EAKSGEEKS

EAKSGEEKS "Where no negro has gone before"

Ebay:
    Thank you  Hasbro