New shots of POTP Predaking

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cheem The Rup, Mar 24, 2018.

1. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    One of the Japanese magazines I believe stated the arms could be swapped because they've been portrayed both ways. Granted it didn't show it and that was from a Google translation.

• Like Like x 2
  2. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Autobot Leader and Combiner

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I soooo hope so!

3. is456

is456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Omega495

Omega495 Well-Known Member

:(  for a moment, I thought this is the complete review. But its just the preview, which is already mentioned in last 2-3 pages.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Size of the POTP Predaking is as huge as Unite Warriors Devastator, wow

6. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Predacons Review

• Like Like x 7
  7. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not bad, if anything I'll get these guys for my kids since animals are cool.

Do wish, you easily remove the thighs from Tantrum and Headstrong, but doesn't look like it....

• Like Like x 2
  8. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    I'd love to white knight for the thighs hanging off the back of Tantrum and Headstrong, but I can't. There's just no excuse. That's awful. Simply awful. One of the worst design choices I've ever seen in modern TFs.

It won't matter much to me personally cause he's gonna stay as Predaking, but I could see how that's so bad that could potentially be a dealbreaker for some people.

On the plus side, were some of those Decepticon symbols tampos instead of stickers? I always like that. Probably the nicest surprise of this video is that the gold on the the lion mane is painted, not a set of shitty stickers, so that's a HUGE plus in my book. Really, the gold stickers on the wings are gonna be the most troublesome cause even on my G1 those things peel a lot due to the nature of the transformation.

Really hope the stupid sticker on Predaking's head is optional, as well as the one that's smack dab on his belly button. I think that's a dumb place for a Decepticon symbol. If I have the option, I'm leaving that off for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Scott_XIII

Scott_XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  10. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Reprolabels to the rescue!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Scott_XIII

Scott_XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As always.

• Like Like x 1
  12. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Autobot Leader and Combiner

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    you could have it Toon-Accurate and leave the gold stickers off of the wings:
    upload_2018-5-31_15-32-31.jpeg
    upload_2018-5-31_15-32-48.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  13. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After watching that, I can say (without joking, not a hint of humor at all) that this is the Predaking I've always wanted and waited forever for.

By no means is it perfect, not by a long shot, but I'm so excited and happy with what I've seen so far that I could just burst.

I will say that the formation of the legs of Tantrum and Headstrong are absolutely ridiculous and inexcusable. Those are hollow boxes with a shin panel as a facade and that does not a leg make. (I'm honestly surprised they can even stand...)

I can't lie, the thighs of Predaking strapped to their back does look ridiculous. I thought I could just ignore it, but no. Not even close. That said, I do feel it fills out the beast mode nicely.

The hollowness is quite surprising. Not that it exists, the extent of it. It's more hollowed out than Jetfire and Devastator.

That said, I like the smooth transformation, the size, the accessories. Can't wait!

• Like Like x 5
  14. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

YAY STICKERS!

And, unless my ears deceive me, I'm pretty sure he used the word "shitty" at least 10 times in that video. Kidding. It is actually better than I expected. I hope the Predaking fans enjoy him.

• Like Like x 1
  15. JoshFinn

JoshFinn Getting real sick of your shit starscream

So what is everyone gonna use for the spikes for his spikeless hands?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Steelfire

Steelfire Well-Known Member

Just lend him the ones from MP10. They're 1 inch, perfect scale.

• Like Like x 1
  17. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    I've never bought any 3P products, but this might have to be my very first purchase. It's simply a necessity. Predaking NEEDS those knuckle spikes. I'm sure there will be several very overpriced options soon enough. Probably paired with a ridiculously oversized sword that I have zero use for.

Honestly, the knuckles are my only gripe with the release. But it's too big to ignore, so I'm going to have to make my first foray into "add on parts." Would be terrific if some company sells JUST the hands but I doubt I'll be that lucky.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Blackout32

Blackout32 Anthrax - Persistence of Time

Thrash Metal fan huge Pantera/Hellyeah fan
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I'll get this potp predaking cause he's one of my favorite G1 guys. I'm hoping we see some add-ons for the big guy since he kind of needs a few. I also checked out his (kevin liu) review of the big funky monkey optimal optimus which beside needing some stickers i liked him. I'm not a beast wars fan but i really appreciate the figures that are coming out.

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm To Infinity - and Your Mom TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    After seeing the video, now I know they are handles for the gun (or possibly submarine) mode - "Pew pew pew!!"

Doesn't appear any more (or less) hollowed out than those other examples to me. On toys like CW Devastator, I learned to appreciate it, as it made the combined form solid yet manageable despite its size, where my third party 'big' combiners like Hercules and Feral Rex were often too bulky and heavy to pose effectively, with joints that were either not strong enough to hold a combiner limb up, or too tight to move without that extra leverage.

Looks like my favorite individual Predacons will be kitties Razorclaw and Rampage, just like G1. My biggest personal issue with POTP Predaking is the slight bird-backpack waist piece connecting the upper boddy to the pelvis. I saw a photoshop image that removed that to shorten the torso, which looked better to me. Who knows, I may feel differently once the toy is in hand though. (speaking of hands, I'll have to find some Shapeways knuckle spikes too )

• Like Like x 2
  20. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Surprisingly I don't mind the hollowness, for the reason you mentioned. My Devy isn't flopping all over the place like Feral Rex (but not going to lie I still love my FR and all 3 of mine are still used for my CHUG shelf).

• Like Like x 1