New Series of Transformers needed.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by zero1, Jun 7, 2009.

1. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

So the opinion of one person invalidates the whole thread? Yeah, that makes sense. :rolleyes: 

2. Longhaul53

Longhaul53 Guest

I think he's stating that your opinion of Galaxy Force as the "Bees Knees" invalidates your (and only yours) posts... Basically saying you have bad taste.

Holla!

3. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

Well, I was thinking about how I hate all those different continuities that the Transformers franchise has, so maybe they could just take G1 series and improve the graphics and stuff and start re-airing that. That way the little children from now learn to know the best series of transformers and it couldbe a cool way for us to look at it, but in another kind of way. Or maybe a series about what happened before movie one and between movie one and ROTF and then between ROTF and possibly T3, .... Just an idea. :p 

4. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Stop-motion animated series. Using the real toys.

Do it Hasbro. Give Wallace and Grommit a run for their money <_<

5. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Well not MY opinion, but I get your point.

6. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    Animated is pretty much the perfect tranformer show, and seeing as the next one is going to be of that quality.......i can't wait for it

would i love a TF: resolute? hells yes....use the classics/universe 2.0 designs and i am all for it

7. battleboy

battleboy Admiral of Awesomness

I would like to see a TF series geared toward a more mature audience. Something in the universe of the G1 series, but with better writing. I'd even let Cartoon Network handle it if they put it with their anime lineup on adult swim. TF Animated was tolerable for the homages and easter eggs, but I want a more serious Transformers experience. I mean really, since when are cartoons written for children... let them get their own shows.

8. guard convoy

News Credits:
    umm.....the transformers shows are for kids so hasbro can sell toys...they are the ones that buy the majority of transformers.....only mature transformer show we would get would be something along the lines of G.I Joe Resolute

9. battleboy

battleboy Admiral of Awesomness

...that would appease my fanboy rage quite nicely actually...

10. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Animated perfect? turn off the sound and just look at the animation... you will wish they still had CGI bots

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I agree with the OP....not necessarily about the Gundam stuff, but I'm REALLY wanting something new in a TF show. If the next cartoon is anything like Animated I'll be skipping it.

12. guard convoy

News Credits:
    i love the animation of Animated, it gives them character.....only CGI bots i like is the movieverse and BW......energron and cybertron? bleh......you can have your dull suprise drones

13. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

I think a new mature series could be done IN ADDITION to the main one aimed at the kids. Whether that is a one-off webisode like GI Joe Resolute or along the lines of Michael Bell's idea of voice actors voicing IDW series. I don't think it'd cost Hasbro all that much just to AT LEAST see what the response would be...

14. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i like see tf2 movie cartoon series - autobots allied with govervent and decpiticons allied with evil mind bad guys

15. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

That would be sweet... a new TF series on par with Animated. That's what I like to see.

16. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I agree completely. Animated looks awful. That is the reason I believe it failed. The kids thought it looked too "babyish". At least that is what I heard from my friend's kids and my students when I was a teacher.

17. zero1

zero1 Emperor of Destruction

True. There were hardly any guns or lasers there whereas the other series had plenty of it. In fact, that was a major part of Transformers, Space Battling w/ lasers. Headmasters in particular has plenty of it.

18. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    thing is, they're already attempting webisodes. and it's going over extremely well. the short universe episodes that have appeared online haven't been met well. if someone could think up something engaging and interesting, a web series might have a chance, but from the looks of things hasbro is testing the water and not liking it

19. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

Stop!!! You guys are making too much sense,pretty soon the internet hive mind will have to come in here and straighten you out!
    Everyone knows TFA was a rousing success,even though noone watched the show and noone bought the toys!

20. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The next TF franchise should be a retelling of G1 that incorporates the best of the original G1 toon and the G1 comic. It should have more serious story but still have humour. The best example I can come up with is Spectacular Spiderman. The writing on that show was superb. As far as animation is concerned, it should be a fluid as Justice League.